ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159400
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]'cept you're not a vet.

So, is that there should be more vets posting?[/quote]

Maybe he said that to call me non-credible.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It was more of a... "You're opinion doesn't matter because you haven't seen all the stuff I have." Not exactly saying you're not credible, just kinda rude.

Wait, so why is this bad?

Because when it used to happen, it usually was a meaning full post, with actual substance, nowadays more often than not, it's spam.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Its funny, but the more users that join, the less meaningful post we seem to have.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Its funny, but the more users that join, the less meaningful post we seem to have.

More Users = More Spammers = More Spam = Less Meaning
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Not just that....when there are more spammers around, everyone seems to get an incredible itch and urge to post more random and nonsensical comments.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

So, is that there should be more vets posting?

Maybe he said that to call me non-credible.

It was more of a... "You're opinion doesn't matter because you haven't seen all the stuff I have." Not exactly saying you're not credible, just kinda rude.

I was saying that because this is a feeling generally shared by vets, so him not feeling this way doesn't change anything.

Wait, so why is this bad?

Because when one person has 10 posts in 10 minutes, he didn't put much thought into any of those.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

everyone seems to get an incredible itch and urge to post more random and nonsensical comments.

They do it because in their mind, if someone else is posting a short, useless comment and nothing is happening to them, they feel that they can get away with it too.

I don't know, sometimes those posts are entertaining for more experienced members to read; part of it may be the voice in the back of your mind shouting "Ahaha, that's gonna get deleted!"
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I don't know, sometimes those posts are entertaining for more experienced members to read; part of it may be the voice in the back of your mind shouting "Ahaha, that's gonna get deleted!"

And remembering that at one stage, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, all of us were like that.

I have a perverse habit of reading the ''complaints'' and whines of newer users on the walls of mods.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I've only taken on the 'ahahaha this will be deleted' sorta mindset recently because AG forums are dead and I honestly don't care anymore. my grammar and spelling has gone down too :]

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I've only taken on the 'ahahaha this will be deleted' sorta mindset recently because AG forums are dead and I honestly don't care anymore. my grammar and spelling has gone down too :]

Gone Down Under...how appropriate Pazx.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Gone Down Under...how appropriate Pazx.

Where's a snare drum and crash cymbal when ya need it?
I do find it funny when those new user go and start posting like that, although I do eventually get annoyed by it. Especially in battle of the bands; the newbs need to read the OP!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Where's a snare drum and crash cymbal when ya need it?

In that deep hole Pazx dug a few pages back.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

~We, the people of the BETTER Armor Games write this to let it be known that the old AG was superior. Newbs, join in making this a good site again or face the revolution!

Especially in battle of the bands; the newbs need to read the OP!

Any of those types of threads when that happens isn't even funny. It's just frustrating.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

And remembering that at one stage, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, all of us were like that

It took me a couple thousand posts to get through that stage. I may have even still been in it at some point when I was in the top 10. I just remember all the mods disliked me for a very long period of time.

Speaking of mods hating me, guess who decided to use the "r" word as an insult.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I just remember all the mods disliked me for a very long period of time.

Can't really blame us if we ended up not liking you very much, when you used the majority of that time claiming we hated you. It is only amusing for so long, then it gets annoying.

as an insult.

Nope, not as an insult, as a comparison. If someone feels hit by it, they should probably start thinking higher of themselves, or possible, stop yelling.
Though, this is doubtfully relevant for the topic.

False. We might have a lot of spammers, but those are usually adbots and can't be counted in it all. We do however have more new users that have a shorter attention span, which leads to replies being shorter and less descriptive. They are, however, not spammers.

@10 posts in 10 minutes:
Can get you banned, because it is more than a little annoying to see ten replies of varied length filling up the forums. More so, if they are actually two word replies, or they are replies to necroed topics.

@Necroed topics:
If a thread is revived, it is not a necro.
A thread can however still be locked for being old, simply because the point might not be relevant anymore, the user who started it is no longer active and there to keep and eye on his or her thread, or the fact that if someone wanted to discuss the matter, they could make a new thread with updated information.

@Pictures:
No, I have not posted a picture myself. Zophia has/had a lot less feel to keep things off the internet, and so decided it was alright.
I also can't figure out if I should feel flattered or slightly humiliated that you believe I look like a blend between Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom, especially since I don't think you mean the ****** once from the last movie.

Carry on.
Showing 421-435 of 1018