ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159397
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I mean no disrespect, but saying stuff like that is making me think maybe you should go hang out with the nubs.

I'm just going to sit back and laugh. Same old Dudeguy.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I mean no disrespect, but saying stuff like that is making me think maybe you should go hang out with the nubs.

I like to mix it up a bit. Sometimes I like to walk down memory lane with you guys and then I like to mingle with the nubs.

Same old Dudeguy.

<3 Not completely the same, am I?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

There is nothing wrong with acting like a nub on occasion, it's just the permanent ones that are annoying.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Oh God it sounds like the pledge I'm forced to recite everyday

Discipline! That is the word of the day comrade, and you would be best to get some, Da?

that's no discrimination here

Theres no discrimination here; the mods ban everyone.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Theres no discrimination here; the mods ban everyone.

The mods ban any and all spammers (but only temporarily). Admins also ban said spammers, but permanently. Admins can also IP ban if necessary, such as mass circumvention of perma-bans.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I don't think you got the joke...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I found the eulogy for TTICA. Don't know if someone already posted it somewhere in this thread, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I don't think you got the joke...

Why do you seem surprised?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Am I the only one who thinks that he takes this way to seriously, because it's either that, or he's trolling the hell out of all of us.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Am I the only one who thinks that he takes this way to seriously

Believe me, you aren't the only one. It used to be a popular subject of discussion not too long ago, but I suppose people have just gotten used to it and/or accepted it as an inevitability.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Am I the only one who thinks that he takes this way to seriously, because it's either that, or he's trolling the hell out of all of us.

So remember back on page 42 when he said

when I was so serious that I advocated seriousness and was called a buzzkil

He lied, he apparently is still being a buzzkill.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I found the eulogy for TTICA. Don't know if someone already posted it somewhere in this thread, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I forgot that existed, nice reading through there again. Wonder when Walker will come back, he's been gone for a while...

Or doesn't know how the Internet works.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I just found something in the eulogy. The link to TTICA is still there. All of the posts are gone, but notice how the thread is unlocked. ;D

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I forgot that existed

As did I, which is why I had a "eureka" moment when I stumbled upon it while browsing through some random old page of the Tavern, looking for old AG memorabilia.

Wonder when Walker will come back, he's been gone for a while...

Apparently he explained why he was gone for so long not too long ago, but I was on leave at the time and I never got around to finding out what that reason was or where he posted it.

So if there's someone out there who has a link, speak now! Or forever hold your piece (of humble pie).
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I love how when you said that everybody started posting in it...

It's the effect that the thread has on people. It hypnotizes you and forces you to post in it, no matter how hard you try to resist.

I do like my pie...

Did I say humble pie? I meant poison pie.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well, obviously a mod saw it, because the name changed

So much so that I had to look up the definition of "indubitably".

I don't have the vocabulary to be a moderator. ;,(

*chokes*

Do you have a link for me or do I have to give you more poison?
Showing 451-465 of 1018