ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159398
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It has also been locked. Awww... you had to go and start posting didn't you? Two weeks it was back and unlocked.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It's only locked for the time being until certain mods figure out what's going on with it.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

They put it into our reach, only to grab it back away moments later ;(

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Thewahuh? WHAT LINK? I don't want to get poisoned again...

A link that explains why Walker had been on leave for so long, if it exists.

Awww... you had to go and start posting didn't you? Two weeks it was back and unlocked.

It has psychic powers, which were dormant for two weeks, but then kicked in about 20 minutes ago and caused a mass-posting.

This time, though, it was taken down after only 2 pages rather than 200.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

No, I'm fairly sure it's locked so it doesn't return to it's previous stage of snowballing destruction.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I have a reliable source for why it was locked, as in I talked to the mod who did it.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

No, I'm fairly sure it's locked so it doesn't return to it's previous stage of snowballing destruction.

Nope, Frank told us he locked it until they/he figures out what's going on.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I was trying to avoid outright saying Frank did it, Master.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's only locked for the time being until certain mods figure out what's going on with it.

I think it's indubitable that the thread will not be unlocked intentionally ever again.

I learned a new word today, so it is indubitable that I will use it every chance I get to make myself sound more smarterer.

They're torturing it O.o A few of the posts have been deleted...

I noticed this, too. I have a feeling some of our posts counts are going to be reduced slightly; though I doubt we'll notice if we're posting here regularly anyway.

I think they should at least give it a second chance to see if it actually does end up spiraling into a vortex of indubitable insanity.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What do you mean what's going on? I emailed Justin a few times and he said it got accidentally deleted and he was going to try to bring all the posts back, but then he said they can't because they're too busy with AG3. Meh, I remember when "You're Banned" was deleted and Cormyn brought it back in a few minutes, so it shouldn't be difficult.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I was trying to avoid outright saying Frank did it, Master.

Now i feel really confused as to wether or not what i did was a bad thing.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You used to be able to see him quite often in the WEPR and tavern, but he disappeared around May. Seems like a few of them have disappeared.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Walker, Asherlee, Zophia, and Voidy are the one's I've noticed. Ash was supposed to be back a while back since her hiatus was for the summer, but... Walker had something on his profile about a heart attack, still not sure whether or not that was a joke. Zophia is lurking so far as I'm aware, and I have no idea what happened to Devoidless.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well, I'm sure it would be fine if we weren't freaking out that the TTICA is back

The shock wouldn't have lasted more than a few pages. The topic would have changed indubitably at some point.

Seems like a few of them have disappeared.

They disappear so often now it's almost expected. I'm more surprised when I see an influx of moderators now than when I see a lack of them. We're all used to it, though. It's been this way ever since the beginning of time.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Has it really? I remember being somewhat surprised when I first found out about Ash mid way through 2010 because I had never seen her before, but it seemed to me that the core group of mods were fairly active: Strop, Gantic, Cenere, NoName, Zophia, and I think that's about it. Then again, maybe I just conveniently miss the times they are inactive.

Showing 466-480 of 1018