ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159387
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It was supposed to point out you were most likely not referring to the more awesome and - badbutt Harry and Neville from the last movie.

I was mostly referring to their appearances, which don't change all that much throughout the series.

What other memorabilia did you found, Ernie?

I'll keep you posted (pun intended) if I find some more good stuff. I've been looking in older pages in the Tavern quite a bit lately, so it's indubitable that I'll find some more memorabilia at some point.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Did the 'catastrophe' even happen at that point, though? It seems it happened right after he left.

According to my email dates it happened the day he left. Hmm...
Homework
Homework
17 posts
Nomad

yes, the betta webstite is not as good as the origanal.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Hey, anyone remember when I wasn't a mod? That was times.

I remember those times pretty well. I always thought it was funny when people would post on your profile reporting a spammer or asking for a thread to be locked because you had the blank shield armatar and they thought you were a mod.

yes, the betta webstite is not as good as the origanal.

The way it is now, I have to agree with you. AG3 is currently just a generic flash gaming site with nothing really special about it. Perhaps it still won't be as good as AG2 when more of the features are added. There's really no way of determining until it's finalized whether or not AG3 is "better" than AG2; even then, the opinions will probably not be unanimous.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]yes, the betta webstite is not as good as the origanal.

The way it is now, I have to agree with you. AG3 is currently just a generic flash gaming site with nothing really special about it. Perhaps it still won't be as good as AG2 when more of the features are added. There's really no way of determining until it's finalized whether or not AG3 is "better" than AG2; even then, the opinions will probably not be unanimous.[/quote]

So it seems like many people will think this comparison between AG2, AG3 Beta, and the final release of AG3:

AG3 Beta < AG2 < AG3
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

AG3 Beta < AG2 < AG3

It's possible. Like I say, there's no way of knowing for sure, but that's what the AG staff is aiming for.

It could end up being AG2 > AG3 for all we know.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I liked how most things looked in closed beta, but I dislike the front page look now. Hopefully they don't mess up anything else.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

TTICA is once again known as This thread is currently locked indefinitely. At least it shows that when I open the thread.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I liked how most things looked in closed beta

I didn't like how the comment section was laid out. Too much like Kongregate. Ugghh!

Did it get unlocked again? O.o

Yes, but I think that's a glitch rather than a mod pitying us. We probably shouldn't take advantage of it, seeing as bad things happened the last time we did that.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Yes, but I think that's a glitch rather than a mod pitying us. We probably shouldn't take advantage of it, seeing as bad things happened the last time we did that.

Some things are too powerful to die...beware the power of TTICA.

Also, at the AG3 beta, the popular games slider thing at the front reminds me of Kongregate a bit too much.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Some things are too powerful to die

You gotta shoot it in the head.

Be careful with all the Kong talk- we might summon one of them.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Also, at the AG3 beta, the popular games slider thing at the front reminds me of Kongregate a bit too much.

Just about everything I've seen on AG3 reminds me of Kongregate. It's depressing that AG is slowly morphing into its rival site.

Be careful with all the Kong talk- we might summon one of them.

We'll just chase them off like we always do.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

We'll just chase them off like we always do.

Or, we could change them. One of us! One of us! One of us!

Just about everything I've seen on AG3 reminds me of Kongregate. It's depressing that AG is slowly morphing into its rival site.

Is AG losing the battle with Kong?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Some things are too powerful to die

You gotta shoot it in the head.[/quote]

If you could, but the next best way to kill a thread is to delete it.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The only people who consider them rivals are the AG forumers (i.e. the people who aren't really running the site), I've never heard an admin say anything about being rivals with Kong.

If you could, but the next best way to kill a thread is to delete it.

Showing 511-525 of 1018