ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159366
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Gantic has won the ASC several times, thus earning merits as a reward, but he had only actually gone to get two of them, even though he has won ten times. The rest of the merits, sans those two he went to get for winning the ASC are from game comments.
There.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Nick_coolhaha had like, a billion and one merits, as I remember.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

141, to be exact.

Gantic has won the ASC several times, thus earning merits as a reward, but he had only actually gone to get two of them, even though he has won ten times. The rest of the merits, sans those two he went to get for winning the ASC are from game comments.
There.

And the mod explains everything again.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

There.

What action is required for the ASC winner to get a merit?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The usual procedure of getting a merit as reward for winning a contest: A comment with the link to the judging on the profile of a mod, politely asking for the merit to be provided.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

141, to be exact.

141 = a billion and one, as long as 140 = a billion.

(but the value of 1 does not change)

What action is required for the ASC winner to get a merit?

In order to receive a contest merit, the winner of the contest must post on a moderator (or administrator)'s profile to claim the merit. If the winner does not do so, they do not receive the merit.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The usual procedure of getting a merit as reward for winning a contest: A comment with the link to the judging on the profile of a mod, politely asking for the merit to be provided.

I remember there's a poetry account somewhere to dump all the first place poems where a mod can give it a merit....
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

"this text is big and bold and will soon be called a merit"

I think Zoph posted that one time after she won the ASC, I thought it was funny

Patty Pat Pat Pat please don't quote entire posts in the future if you're only going to write a sentence in responce.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It is pretty funny.

I probably wasn't around during the height of NCH's popularity, but did he really earn all 141 of those merits or was it a mix of lax requirements and abuse of the vote up system?

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

141 = a billion and one, as long as 140 = a billion.

Mathy math is mathy.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]141 = a billion and one, as long as 140 = a billion.

Mathy math is mathy.[/quote]

I'm going to disprove

as follows:

"a billion and one" = 1,000,000,001
1 merit = 25 AP
1,000,000,001 merits = 25,000,000,025 AP
nick_coolhaha has less than 25,000,000,025 AP
Therefore, your statement is incorrect.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Joking around, Patrick, it's called joking around. Not everything everyone says is to be taken seriously...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Joking around, Patrick, it's called joking around. Not everything everyone says is to be taken seriously...

What do you mean? I can't understand such an obvious concept...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I give you this gift, Patrick. I don't expect you to know how to use it at first, but hopefully you'll catch on after a bit of practice.

Huh, interesting. Is it still around?

Yes. No. I don't know.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

You guys are so mean to Patrick (:-O

Showing 706-720 of 1018