ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159360
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

What ever did happen to the armatar contests?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What ever did happen to the armatar contests?

The admin who managed them and put them on the site left.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yes i was just thinking about this. no joke. now... a lot of the threads are repetitive like about "zombie survival tips" or "what would you do with X amount of money?" it annoys me so much that people can't come up with creativity.

but then every once in a while a super cool thread pops up and gives me hope that armorgames still has some creativity. i think it was better when AG was less popular, and had a lot of cool users. but then they either got banned or went inactive because of school work, jobs, or all these new users got annoying.

I hope that when AG3 is launched, people will be a lot better, creative and like the old AG, but with a new feeling to it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

it annoys me so much that people can't come up with creativity.

Gandhi: You must be the change you want to see in the world.

Or rather, complaining about something instead of trying to change it for better isn't going to help.
I hope that when AG3 is launched, people will be a lot better, creative and like the old AG, but with a new feeling to it.

Things don't magically happen like that, unfortunately.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I probably wasn't around during the height of NCH's popularity, but did he really earn all 141 of those merits or was it a mix of lax requirements and abuse of the vote up system?

From my understanding, it was both.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

So, did anyone notice the sticky that i am very confused about...

http://i.imgur.com/BlNQQ.png

but then every once in a while a super cool thread pops up and gives me hope that armorgames still has some creativity.

Every time i see a thread that looks like it will turn out good, it never fails to disappoint me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

A mod must not want to live on this planet anymore.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

LOL. I suppose some mod agrees with the thread title.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Looks like Gantic went into a mod-merit rage.....I miss having the other mods around as well.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

You guys are so mean to Patrick (:-O

I agree with that. These people are also very jokey, and they impose it in such a way that criticizes many of my posts.

I did, but I don't know why.

Looks like Gantic went into a mod-merit rage.....I miss having the other mods around as well.

What are you referring to with what you said there?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I agree with that. These people are also very jokey, and they impose it in such a way that criticizes many of my posts.

Key word, joke. Something which you have failed time and again to grasp, hence leading to them mocking you.

Look a few pages back and look at the chunk of blue text with asterisks.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Look a few pages back and look at the chunk of blue text with asterisks.

lolz...

I feel justified in not handing out any merits because I don't believe any of you deserve them. I've stated before that anyone who complains about them will be intentionally skipped over. Doesn't matter when you wrote them.

'Oh, I stopped writing good comments because the mods stopped giving out merits.' Well then you sure as heck don't deserve one. I don't care anyone says but I will not reinforce this behavior just so more people write better comments. That just makes you a merit *****. Most of reviews you guys write are as boring as a all-nighter 10-page research paper done mostly with Wikipedia. Completely uncompelling, rote and rutted bull****.

We're not noticing this the comments more or less often. I don't check the comments for games I haven't played and I sure as heck didn't play any of the new games but did a lot of work on them. You guys just like to explain our behavior in a way that justifies your self-affirming opinions.

And you know what? Merits aren't worth diddly come AG3.

Such a good quote... Thaboss remembers one time he had a different account. He tried to write a merit for the purpose of getting a merit. When he didn't get one, he assumed that the mods just didn't see it because they didn't check. He went into a rage and made a whole thread in all caps about how hard merits were to get. After being repeatedly crushed by mods and users alike, he tried to make up for it by making a thread saying how great mods were. That just made it worse. So he made a new account. He was the noobiest noob back then...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Such a good quote... Thaboss remembers one time he had a different account. He tried to write a merit for the purpose of getting a merit. When he didn't get one, he assumed that the mods just didn't see it because they didn't check. He went into a rage and made a whole thread in all caps about how hard merits were to get. After being repeatedly crushed by mods and users alike, he tried to make up for it by making a thread saying how great mods were. That just made it worse. So he made a new account. He was the noobiest noob back then...

We all were at one point or another. My biggest noob moment was when I was Fascist worshipping in the WERP. That got a few laughs and trolls.

Oh and @Jeol, this was the Poetry account I was talking about. It's locked though.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Anyone want to see thaboss's shame?

The Anger.
The Suck Up.

Thaboss just realized that that thread was the one that gave rise to the quote by Zophia:

You do not write a merit. You write a review of the game, and maybe it will get rewarded with a merit.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So that's where Zoph's line came from. Congrats Blazer, you're actually part of a mod's history.

Showing 721-735 of 1018