ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159025
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Try following these:

from cracked.com

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

...and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe...

I don't think it's actually the best idea to use axes against zombies. Imagine you're fighting off a horde, you trip somewhere, get an open wound and soon after that you slice a zombie. Blood would fly everywhere, and it would enter your blood stream and you would eventually become a zombie. 2nd reason why it's not so good to use a axe is because IRL, axes, chainsaws etc. etc will bounce off of flesh, it won't just pierce like in games.

I would gather a small group 3-4 people, and use a flamethrower (My grandfather has a lot of ammunition for flamethrowers, it's basically bottles of petrol) or my Grandfather's Barrett. As for melee, I would use a metal baseball bat, it can cause serious damage to the brain.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

As for melee, I would use a metal baseball bat, it can cause serious damage to the brain.

Same here, my main weapons are two metal baseball bats. I have a small drill that isn't too loud, but I doubt it would be very effective, unless I was in a situation like Andrea in the second season of Walking Dead (where she was trapped in a closet and killed a zombie with a screwdriver).

I'm assuming the zombies I am fighting are Walking Dead zombies, or even possibly Dead Rising zombies.

My basic plan is fill every container (Bathtubs, cups, bowls, etc) with water. I'll also barricade my front door (Only main entrance to the house, not counting my garage.) My door is one of those doors that are made mostly of glass, so I might try to position a painting my dad has on top of barricades. Next up, start rationing my food. When food runs out in 2 weeks - ??? then I'll already have a new plan thought up. I'll probably scope out my neighborhood for any zombies. I doubt there will be many zombies in my area, but I'll still travel with my baseball bat. I'd only travel at around 11AM or Mid-day.

I'm still working on my plan....
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

well i'd prefer to be in the "weak running zombies with some big mutations" Apocalypse due to the fact i can use a bat or cricket bat (shaun of the dead ftw) to smash them, and a bow or silenced gun of some sorts. and the mutations are there for the challenge :P

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

I think a Wal-Mart would be the best base if you're with a group. You could pick off zombies over a week or two to thin the crowd. When it's taken over and cleared out, you could use lots of stuff in the store to fortify the area or block the doors. There's plenty of food and drinks to last a long time. There's plenty of weapons to use.

BAD Idea. everyone else in your town is thinking the same thing. do you really want to pick off half of your town to stay in a walmart? not to mention you probably don't have any gun experience.
netgear99
netgear99
15 posts
Nomad

My main weapon would be an auto shotgun and my melee weapon a katana.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

if i run out of bullets in whatever i an get. Trust me i am going out with 2 hatchets and 2 machetties. Throw hatchet in first zombie. knife the second either throw second hatchet or pick up first and throw that at the next one. Once a huge horde comes pulling out my other knife and just knife up the place. Of course ill have a bandan over my mouth and glasses on in case blood splatters on me cuz no way im being a zombie

cyrax44
cyrax44
3 posts
Nomad

an assault rifle and a sword i recommend traveling in groups and try to get other survivors to join you

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

weapons:

(ranged) something silence like a bow or a gun with silencer.

(melee) i have two machetes in my house.

food:

something that holds more than a month like army food or caned food.

water: fill some bottles with non-infected water and refill them anytime i can with non-infected water. a system to clear water would be nice, i would search one.

my brother knows how to use a bow. we get the machetes, fill some bottles with water and put some food and other usefull things in our backpacks. we search 1-3 survivors and go first to the bike store to get new bikes with bike bags. then we go to the hunting store in our town to get bows, arrows and arrow bags (my brother can teach us how to use the bows). after that we go to a store to get seeds of different plants like corn, tomatoes, potatoes and so on, but only seed from plants where we can get more seed. we take some drinks and other things we need. the next step is to find a safe place where we can start a farm and build our own tree house village. while some are farming at 12 a. m. others protect them from above. we can live by hunting (i know how to make some traps and my brother knows how to use a fishing rod). zombies can not climb on trees, right?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It would all depend on the type of zombie really. But given our standard slow/medium moving zed that can be taken down by a blow to the head and only spreads to humans.

I would first get myself some armor. Something that would keep fluid away from my skin and on top of that a shark suite to prevent to zeds from biting into me.

For ranged weapons I would go with a Beretta M9 with hollow point rounds and silencer Mainly due to it's large clip size. An alternate would be a Colt 357 Magnum revolver if I need a bit more stopping power.
For something with a bit more range I would go with the Marlin Model 1894c rifle with scope, laser sight and a silencer/bayonet combo. This would allow me to use the same rounds as the revolver so I don't have to carry as much ammo.
For something a bit more melee Maybe a crow bar would be good. It can have other functions beyond fighting. I would also want a fillet knife.

I would try and raid an Army Navy store of what ever supplies I could get. I would also raid a mariner shop for supplies. Then I would head to my grandmothers. She lives right on the water and has my uncles boat docked out back. My uncle had gotten the boat intending to live on it before he got married to it has a full kitchen, bathroom and sleeping area. It has an engine, sails and a life raft fro emergency. I would take the boat and live out on the water until the threat was over.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

HAVE A GUN WITH LOTS OF AMMO AND A BACKPACK TO KEEP THINGS IN!!

buldu
buldu
54 posts
Peasant

let's think realistically, its almost impossible to find things like shotguns, sniper rifles and assault rifles. so strategy againist zombies are:

DONT GO WHERE THEY GO, IF YOU SEE ONE, HIDE.

our main objective:
FIND A SAFE PLACE

secondary objectives:
FIND FOOD, WATER, WEAPONS
and most important secondary objective:
FIND SURVIVORS

things we MUSTN'T do:
STAY AT A PLACE FOR A LONG TIME
TRY TO FIGHT BACK
GOING TO POPULATED AREAS

i think you could survive if you follow this strategy.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Dont go near cities. Drive someplace with virtually no population, with arable land and many trees. Build a fort like area. The zombies will be weak by the time they reach this area, and will deteriorate quickly. Use the land to grow your own food, and try to figure out a way to signal to survivors. Eventually the zombies will die out, and hopefully this little fort will have enough people to start repopulating the world without the worry of too much incest in the future.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

want a simple weapon, go with the paintball gun fully auto matic. shoot the head and they go blind from paint. and if they r dead and decaying it should be able to do some damage to them. snipers would suck at this. bow and arrow are also too snipy like and you need something to take down hoards not individuals. the best place to stay would probably be like washington dc cauz they have the presidents bunker and stuff the government know all about this stuff but they might not let you in. the best weapon would be a chain saw. you could run strait through zombie hoards and chop them all up. a nuke would be nice too but now we r getting a little crazy

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

the best weapon would be a chain saw.

I take it you've never used a chain saw. They are heavy, cumbersome, and large, they can't be swung around so easily either. Not to mention that all the gore from the zombies would be flying in your face, blinding you.
Showing 16-30 of 459