ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159242
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

All it takes is a pickaxe, shovel, and time.

Like 2 weeks.

Hopefully. If not, just AIM AND SHOOT. you'll pick up the experience soon.

You need proper training.

We have. 'Till then, grab a spear and shield and go spartan on those zombies. Speaking of spartans, I plan to eventually have 299 survivors excluding myself. Tonite we dine in hell?

Lol

Meant to put Factory-made. Natural is being built with your own hands and/or from very common items. We can build the windmills, and get the solar panels installed in the to-be-fort beforehand.

And, to satisfy electricity needs, hook up some bikes to generator turbines. People can pedal to produce electricity!

Your plan is OK.
Szeep
Szeep
27 posts
Nomad

Hmm, perhaps, take SEVERAL seeds and a bunch useful things and live like a castaway in uninhabited island for the rest of my days, you can choose live in safe and starve till death or risk your own life to get food and things in mainland, risking yourself alone is suicidal, but in community, it's very easy to someone get infected and infect many others. So it's the only way I can think to survive years, perhaps decades.

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

i would call this baby in.
http://images.gamersverse.com/misc/E32010%20Community%20Screen%201.1277716954.jpg

So long Zombies I pity ya.

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

LoL, Zombieland rules to live by.

GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

All it takes is a pickaxe, shovel, and time.
Like 2 weeks.

More survivors=less time. with enough, it'll just take a day. Rule #24 of zombie apocolypse: be patient.

Hopefully. If not, just AIM AND SHOOT. you'll pick up the experience soon.

You need proper training.

I don't think so. Doesen't take much training, especially if you're not using a sniper rife, just a crossbow. Those things for me are really easy to shoot.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

More survivors=less time. with enough, it'll just take a day. Rule #24 of zombie apocolypse: be patient.

Seriously, have you ever tried digging a 6ft hole? and have you ever tried doing that around an acre of land?
GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

I can dig 6 feet in a day if I don't have to do anything else.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

You need to go through the process of mataining survival. That means shelter, protection, food. You need to make sure this is all guaranteed. Then, you can start digging your hole.

I'm wondering, do zombies bodies heal and protect them? Because if not, you wouldn't really need to shoot a zombie in the head. By shooting them in the chest/stomach area, you could make them bleed out or have their stomach acid pour out and destroy them. Blood loss means no movement and that means they can't attack you. You would have to make sure your blood doesn't interact though, or you'd be infected.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Around an Acre of land?
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

of course you'll have other things to do! You have to piss and ****, sleep, bathe, eat, fight for your life, etc... If you have to use your time unwisely build a wall but don't build one around an acre of land you don't have resources, energy or time for that.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm wondering, do zombies bodies heal and protect them? Because if not, you wouldn't really need to shoot a zombie in the head. By shooting them in the chest/stomach area, you could make them bleed out or have their stomach acid pour out and destroy them. Blood loss means no movement and that means they can't attack you. You would have to make sure your blood doesn't interact though, or you'd be infected.

One of the changes to a zombie that seems to be rather universal is the ability to maintain moisture and elasticity much longer then an ordinary corpse. in most cases it's expected a zombie could keep going for about a decade before naturally falling apart.
akeman64
akeman64
53 posts
Peasant

pistol with a bayonet on it, sounds dumb but you never know when you could need it, and it would be much easier to have

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

These two sites may be of some use to this thread.
Zombie Survival & Defense Wiki
Zombiepedia

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

in most cases it's expected a zombie could keep going for about a decade before naturally falling apart.

Well yeah. But lets say you shoot one in the heart (or a artiry) and it starts bleeding out. Isn't it impossible for it to move because the blood stops circulating. Without blood flow, how will the muscles recive the oxygen and nutrients needed to move. And also, if a zombie was shot in the stomach, or hadn't had some brains in a week, won't the stomach acid get out and cause the same problem of blood loss? Because I've never really heard of zombies that heal themselves. And it would need to be better than humans at healing themselves to survive a chest shot.
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

For my melee weapon, i'd have to say a falchion. For my ranged weapon, shotgun or desert eagle(crossbow is also up for grabs) with plenty of ammo. For other supplies i'd take some bottled water(just enough to keep me going till I could find a fresh-water stream), some home-baked bread(lasts longer than store-bought bread) lighter, and a tarp. I would also avoid big cities and even towns, just keeping to the small farms and rural towns. Eventually, with a band of other survivers, i'd make it to the sea and sail away to somewheres out dere.

Showing 46-60 of 459