ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159019
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Turn on treadmills +place them around your house
Problem Solved

Clever! You still need to get your hands dirty and bait the treadmills with freshly killed meat. Then there's always the little problem with electricity, gas for the generator, solar panels, etc.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Iron - Knight

Flag

Turn on treadmills +place them around your house
Problem Solved

Clever! You still need to get your hands dirty and bait the treadmills with freshly killed meat. Then there's always the little problem with electricity, gas for the generator, solar panels, etc.

Not exactly! For most treadmills if you run hard enough on the treadmill when its turned off the belt will still move due to the dexterity on your feet so you don't technically need electricity to get the belt moving! On the other hand what happens when you need to leave to go hunting or something?
spartanseb
spartanseb
1 posts
Herald

It'll be important to get medicine, you don't want to be the one who died of allergies in the zombie apocalypse. Trying to make a good base/fort is important, it should be near a water source and a food source (you'll need to learn how to grow your own food). Know your weapons, they should be easy to handle/carry and as silent as possible (katanas are often chosen as a melee choice but if you don't know how to use it properly it will just hit its target at best and won't cut). I'd choose an ax or a crowbar as they can be useful tools and a katana (as I know how to use one, practice kendo if you are interested). It depends on the kind of zombies, but humans can be a worse threat than zombies, so have a team you trust in order to assign different roles (gather food, keep building the base, guard the perimeter, take care of wounded, and so on) and be ready to fight other survivors, people can be dangerous in desperate situations and might kill to take your things/stronghold. Learn basic survival and medical skills, in a world without medicine an infected cut can kill.
Good gear can be a lifesaver. Leather might be able to protect from biting/scratching, helmets are good protection (if you can get riot helmets as they can fit gas masks. Bulletproof vests, gloves, boots, things to help different weathers (rain, snow, hot and cold climate)

in the long term, try to find a place which is isolated (for people and for zombies) and it must be a fertile land in order to sustain itself. Depending on the zombies, the infection, and many other factors, humanity might not recover soon, so we'll go back to small villages as a way of survival. Try to collect as much knowledge (in books or encyclopedias) as you can, it can be useful to upgrade your houses, know basic medicine, and many other useful things.
(sorry if I used bad grammar or misspelled something)

Showing 451-453 of 459