ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159566
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Thats exactly what you should be doin Dewi, its likein my opinion an axe would do about the same as a gun, because the ax is silent while the gun is really loud and draws a lot of attention

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

good that surviving a zombie apocalypsis is based on luck, too and not only on skills/knowledge or i would be dead even if i have some plans...

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

Since I have a completely full fridge in my room, I would hole up in there. Of course I would keep a machine gun handy, and maybe a baseball bat or two. I would keep a bottle of vaseline, too, so zombies will get frustrated when their hands keep slipping on the doorknob.

chubz101
chubz101
78 posts
Nomad

Rule 1. Dont be fat and have a big brain....
Go to a gun shop and get a shotgun and then camp in a huge store with food

martei
martei
3 posts
Peasant

Which seems like the best choice?
1. live on a secluded island where the only way zombies can get to you is by aimlessly wandering the seafloor for decades.
2. live near a nuclear reactor and try to make an atom bomb before the zombies come to get you (that'll blow 'em up good).
3. live where you already do, and barricade up a house or two and hope the zombies forget about you.
4. rambo into the horde with a bunch of thermite, heavy weapons, and armor, hoping you kill most of them before they overwhelm you, or
5. get together with a giant group of survivors that live like nomads (you only need to run faster than ten percent, five if their brains are juicy).

KillingEpicness
KillingEpicness
3 posts
Nomad

Tip #1:

Bullets to the head are a good idea.

KillingEpicness
KillingEpicness
3 posts
Nomad

Tip #2:

Do NOT use FlameThrowers.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Actually, the popular idea of fire being useless is wrong. The brain is suspended in liquid and in a sealed container. If you would like to see what happens when you heat a liquid inside of a hard shell, put an egg in a microwave (or look it up on Youtube). The only problem is that all of the fire based weapons are to close ranged to actually kill a zombie before you would die. If you were to make some remotely detonated incendiary device, it would be very effective at killing zombies.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Rule 1. Dont be fat and have a big brain....

zombies want to eat your meat. do you know what you have under your skin? meat.

Go to a gun shop and get a shotgun and then camp in a huge store with food

yes, go to an EMPTY gun shop to get an imaginary shotgun and imaginary ammo.

Actually, the popular idea of fire being useless is wrong. The brain is suspended in liquid and in a sealed container. If you would like to see what happens when you heat a liquid inside of a hard shell, put an egg in a microwave (or look it up on Youtube). The only problem is that all of the fire based weapons are to close ranged to actually kill a zombie before you would die. If you were to make some remotely detonated incendiary device, it would be very effective at killing zombies.

1. you could use molotov cocktails

2. hidding and surviving would be a better idea than burning whole infected citys. the fire could go out of control and trap you so you would die too.

Tip #1:

Bullets to the head are a good idea.

since it is too easy to get a gun after all weapon shops are looted i will just use my light sword because im a jedi. sorry, i couldnt resist the sarcasm.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Go take a half full bottle of water, throw it as far as you can, then see how long it takes to sprint that far. Next, time how long it takes to light a fuse with a match. Subtract the latter from the former and realize how ****ed you are. Make a new plan.

Get guns before the apocalypse and you won't have to worry about finding them after.

Atalas
Atalas
8 posts
Nomad

enter an attic with retractable entry and fill 70 percent of the space with canned food. the next 15 percent with water ( there is not a flaw with only 15 percent water, since it will rain but unless you start an aboveground farm you wont be able to have any food ), the next 15 percent with a bed, chlothes, and any other essential personal neccesities. have a makeshift and closeable exit to the roof ( i.e. a window ) and line the entire perimiter of the roof with wiring that conducts electricity well, then hook up to a solar powered battery. for weapons many people have the illusion that they will be able to maintain grenades and rifles ( and while some do have acsess to these things, theyre in too low quantity to actually hold of a mass zombie invasion )therefore you should have another way of holding off zombies. dont try to kill them, just try to keep yourself seperated. for a makeshift weapon example you could get a length of wire 10-20 ft long, cover or create a handle using non conductive rubber, and hook it up to a solar powered battery, then using it as a whip from a distance or rooftop and electrocute the zombies. remember you must be completely self-sufficent. starting a small aboveground garden would be difficult but very practical. note this is only a plan for one person survival, and if attempted with more you will likely be too cramed. survive!

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

And how would a weapon that work purely through pain stop a zombie?

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Here. Let's say you had a gun. Don't waste ammo to try to kill it. Shoot the legs and arms. Then they're useless and can't be used.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Why shoot to cripple a zombie when it would be even easier to kill it?

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I love the fact that many topics "zombie survival tips" are being made so this subject remains alive! And i also love the theory of the zombie apocalypse!! xP

Showing 331-345 of 459