ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159340
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

My tip is to get a backpack and get only a moderate supply of food so that when ever a zombie is chasing me I can run to a place where I have advantage to kill the zombie if the place has no advantage spots then I will use a pistol. My weapons will be a machete, my grandfather's pistol and my spartan kick. The place I will go to is the hotel because most hotels have Heli Landing Pads on the rooftop because at the first two weeks there is a evacuation center, if I am too late I am going to my friend's house and see if they are okay, if not, to a gun store where there is ammo then go to a food factory if I am low on food supply and escape the quarantine zone by driving a car or traveling by foot.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

gun store where there is ammo

nope

go to a food factory if I am low on food supply

because all that food is still perfectly fine, not covered in bacteria or whatnot from sitting there

escape the quarantine zone by driving a car or traveling by foot.

unless there isn't one
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

nope

Spam much? You should insert 3 words replying to the quote.
because all that food is still perfectly fine, not covered in bacteria or whatnot from sitting there

Have you ever been in one? There is a stockpile of food in a box covered by plastic.
unless there isn't one

Yes there will and I have feet, I can walk.

And you are just looking for fails even though you are the one failing.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Spam much? You should insert 3 words replying to the quote.

no i don't believe that's a rule, i keep my comments over seven words, i'm golden

Have you ever been in one? There is a stockpile of food in a box covered by plastic.

unless those defenses are made of steel, they will be punctured by someone or something eventually

Yes there will and I have feet, I can walk.

And you are just looking for fails even though you are the one failing.

i mean a quarantine zone, dummkopf, there might not always be a neat line that says "You are safe over here"
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

@Strongbow good plan but what do you do if your bike chain breaks or you get holes in your tires?

Well, I would most likely be upset for a bit about my bad luck, then...walk hehe

Of course, the bike is merely a way to get from point A to B a bit easier, hopefully without attracting too much unwanted attention from the undead and/or bandits. I have a feeling that there would be quite a few bicycles, (as well as other supplies), available in rural and urban neighborhoods alike, if one was brave enough to do a bit of scavenging.

(Of course, a little luck would go a long way too).

ever heard of repairing kits? i heard they exist even for bikes.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure I can provide tips because nobody is rebuilding a plan, so I'll build one for you're nit-picking pleasure.

First, I would panic and run in circles. Then, get a grip of myself. Check to see if the phones, Internet or TV still work. If so, I would try to size up the situation by the knowledge gatherable. Then build a travel pack. Consisting of: Meat Cleaver, Airsoft Handgun (purely for intimidation of humans), bottled water, non-perishable food items, penicillen, band-aids, lighter, phone (if still working), and a rock with a face drawn on it. (Boredom can kill you)

If possible I would walk to a friends house, raid a store, raid the Coca-Cola plant, and wander aimlessly until I have an idea of where I could go to stay. And in the meantime, talk to the rock and struggle to survive.

Anyway, nit-pick as you please.

You guys seriously think you can find weapons and ammo? You're delusional. Odds are, all the gun stores and places where guns reside have already been scavenged by other, better equiped, zombie apocalypse nuts.

Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

no i don't believe that's a rule, i keep my comments over seven words, i'm golden

You should put 3 more words to quotes so that the one you are replying to can understand what you really are saying.
unless those defenses are made of steel, they will be punctured by someone or something eventually

Every food factory has a window. ._. And an emergency exit.
i mean a quarantine zone, dummkopf, there might not always be a neat line that says "You are safe over here"

Dude, zombie virus can spread, it is not safe in safe places too. Just like in Resident Evil Afterlife, the zombies became really hungry they can break walls in 60+ hours.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Every food factory has a window. ._. And an emergency exit.

wut? so yes there is a hole in your plan

Dude, zombie virus can spread, it is not safe in safe places too. Just like in Resident Evil Afterlife, the zombies became really hungry they can break walls in 60+ hours.

indeed so your plan isn't well thought out
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Then after that,find a place with really thick walls so you and the survivors are safe...for now

pray tell, where is one of those?

most old houses have thick walls like mine the walls are around 3/4 of a meter thick made of stone and I doubt any zombies would be able to break that without attacking it for weeks even months maybe years.

Also if I was in a zombie apocalypse I would get all the supplies from my house (food weapons etc) and go somewhere to set up a fortress in the countryside maybe near where I live and set up a moat and wall around a fairly big area say 1/2 mile by 1/2 mile so there you can set up a small farm and be able to get to each side to defend if need be and basically hold off there and improve the defenses over time adding stuff like spike pits around the surrounding area so you wouldn't have to waste ammo and just wait it out. And for water there are several fresh water rivers around where I live to get water from.
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

wut? so yes there is a hole in your plan

What do you mean?
indeed so your plan isn't well thought out

1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
And the topic name is zombie survival tips

I am going to stop posting to prevent chances of this topic being locked/delete. Not that i'm scared of you, It is because a topic was closed because of a person quoting my posts even though I am right.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

What do you mean?

food from the factory will either be eaten or not very "fresh"

and there might not be a quarantine zone so going there expecting there to be soldiers with cake and pie is illogical
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

I am going to stop posting to prevent chances of this topic being locked/delete.

Sorry for double post, what I mean is I am going to stop posting in this topic to prevent chances of this topic being locked/delete.

To admins: Just deduct 4 AP from my current AP. I will be active in Mar 23.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Sorry for double post, what I mean is I am going to stop posting in this topic to prevent chances of this topic being locked/delete.

it won't, this is still on topic
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Survival is relative to where you happen to be when the outbreak takes place, location is key.
Of all of the Zombie movies and "The Walking Dead" series I've watched the closest to reality is still the first one I ever saw, by George A. Romero.
You might have to hide out with strangers out in the middle of no where and do the best you can with whatever you can find, modify or steal. Then, after serviving the first horrid night you might still be accidently shot by the very people rescuing the living like what happened to the character protrayed by Duane Jones.

Personally the worst case scenerio would be to be caught on a plane, train or cruise ship 'cause of the confined space and limited resources. Not to mention the safety of the pilot, engineer, captain, etc who's handling the controls.

My ideal location would be my home, the county or at least the state where I live. I've lived in every region of NC since birth except for the mountains.
My first concern would be for the location of my family and getting us together.
Next, stock piling water. Food can be foraged but you'd better have free access to a lot of fresh water during the first 24hrs.
Then, I would want to be able to communicate with my neighbors, local and national news, government and health agencies for the latest updates. Come up with a community watch plan with my neighbors and pool as many resources as we can so that if our neighborhood is affected we would have a fall-back location at a church or other central location and fortify there.
For as long as I have electricity and phone service I would stay put until I'm down to the last 3 days of food.

If everything goes south and I see no way to survive I would rather a family member put me down than to become infected. If I had to I would do the same for them if they want me to. This would all be discussed and witnessed at the family and at the community meetings.

Even if a zombie appocalypse were to happen for real I would think the dementia sypmtoms would be the slowest to show up. In other words I would think this would take a year or more to start becoming an epidemic, much the way Aids spread at first. It would be a small number of infected people who would then spread it, if it starts as a virus, to others. If this is the case we would have plenty of time to plan for it.
If, on the other hand this is a result of some conspiracy to overthrow our government or, terrorist attacks with a biological weapon on a large global scale then we had better plan for it now! lol.

My weapons of choice would be a pump action shotgun for medium range, a rifle for long range with a scope, and several types of handguns with different ammo. Revolvers are my favorite since they're easy to load, carry and clean. I would conceal carry my Ruger .357 snub at all times and my backup would be my Walther .22 strapped to my ankle and my Kimber .45 holstered to either my shoulder or hip. The backup guns would be carried when foraging for water, food and supplies, when by myself at base camp or when hunting for zombies.

I know this is a lot of weight to carry and the brass isn't light either but one of the biggest mistakes I've seen on the movies have been when people let their guard down and then they have to scramble for a weapon.

I would carry a sheathed fixed blade hunting knife and a smaller 4-5 inch folding pocketknife since these would be my first choices for killing zombies at close range. A machete is great and exremely versitile but I don't see myself carry one everywhere I go like I would the other weapons I mentioned. I would use it at base camp and I would carry it while foraging alone.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Turn on treadmills +place them around your house

Problem Solved

Showing 436-450 of 459