ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159222
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
NOFMAF
NOFMAF
60 posts
Treasurer

you go full retard outside running and saying "braaaaains"
and they'll probably leave you alone thinking how stupid you are :P

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

if you do that then they will prolly think ether you are one of them or you are to stupid to eat

Sparx0
Sparx0
137 posts
Nomad

But they think stupid people have yummy brains...

tristen1355
tristen1355
1 posts
Peasant

ok 2 things:
1. people are talking about using weapons like crossbow,katana, and other weapons like that. Where the hell would you get those. Also, most people don't know but the crossbow takes longer to load then most guns do. Where would you ever get ammo for those.
2. I believe [/b]everything[b] has to do with what kind of zombies they are. Either way eventually the zombies would die within a month 4 many reasons. Eventually the area your in would eventually turn to marshal law or if your in a bad neighborhood n gangs trying to control the area.
I see a economic collapse or a WW3 much more believable, even though i really like zombie games.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

people are talking about using weapons like crossbow,katana, and other weapons like that. Where the hell would you get those. Also, most people don't know but the crossbow takes longer to load then most guns do. Where would you ever get ammo for those.

I can find a katana by going into my parents room. Since I am in the county, most people own bows. How can loading a crossbow be harder than louding other weapons? There easy to load, but if you've never used one you'll mess up when you shoot.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

i live in the middle of the country, we have guns, amo, food, water, and saftey. no one lives here. o.O sonds like ima live!

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

use their sinew

Very bad idea. All you need to do is have a single nick on your finger and you'll be zombified.

i would not use sinews from zombies, i meant sinews from the animals that i hunted. or i make sharp wooden spears with my knife and throw them then from above.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Def land mines in front of house, park cars in defnsive positions in fron of house. Get an MK14/Famas scilenced adjust. zoom. and Mp5 for close range w/ bayonet. Stockpile water bottles and ramon. Use refrigerator if there's electricity and store a bunch of non parishables. Get my pet army of friends with weapons/food and go last stand in house.

not so good, what do you do if your water, food and ammo are empty? looting? bad idea if there are many zombies and you have only melee weapons?
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Meh, I still don't understand why mine was locked.. But whatever.

KuroiKun
KuroiKun
1 posts
Peasant

All of i need, is a pistol and Knife -Resident Evil mode on-

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I think I'll check this out. Heres what I think.

Melee Weapons

-Knife-
Get a Knife with a flat surface not a Ragged area so it cuts through easy. If you get a knife with Rigs in it like a steak knife it could get stuck and the zombie could bite you. But I wouldn't recomend this weapon cuz of its short range unless you are good at throwing these things.

-Sword-
Like what MagicTree said a Sword is a good weapon. It has length and it will cut through rotting flesh like butter. All depend on what kind. You get something heavy and a few swings and your tired. Get something light you could last.

-Baseball Bat-
The Zombie Killing choice. Not really sure why but it is. You should go for a metal bat cuz Wood is Springy which wont put much of an impact on it. But the Metal will give a good solid hit but will put some shock into your arm which may cause you to drop it.

-Others soon-

Ranged Weapons

-Pistols-

Almost any type of Pistol will work but if what loco5 says and its something like L4D then you may need something stronger but if its like the Night of the Living Dead you just need some ammo and watch the movie. Shoot to the head and you win.

-Machine Gun-
No offence but not everybody has an AK-47 in there closet but these things would work for a large crowd of zombies. You could blast there legs out and make a quick escape since you have a choice: Use 10 bullets and kill it. or Use 5 bullets and get away.

-Shotgun-
Powerful, Wide Spread, and has a kick. Pretty good weapon. It will kill maybe 3 zombies if there standing next to each other. And if not it will blast them backwards. But its slow at reloading and if you just go around shooting it you can hurt your shoulder which will get your tired and you cant lift your equipment and your gun while trying to move fast. So I say this would work better on big undead creatures. The Sawn-Off shotgun would work but it only holds 2 rounds.

-Crossbow or Bow and Quiver-
Silent, and if your good enough Accurate. This is my choice of weapon because it wont let them detect you and it can kill them if you don't miss. But if you run out of Arrows you will be screwed. Unless you have a Melee weapon. Bad thing is that it shoots only one at a time.

-More Soon-

Others

-Sleeping-

I would pick nighttime to sleep because you cant see very well and to be honest I would be paranoid the entire time. Where to sleep is a whole other game though. I would choose an Attic.

-Eating-

Food will begin to rot after maybe a month of just sitting in the grocery store with no electricity unless it stays on. So what I keep thinking to myself why not when you get your small group of survivors someplace to Stay and be safe start a farm and grow your own food. Water will be tricky. Try to find a stream and get an animal to test it. Sorry but I believe if zombies are going to attack and the water is polluted better the animal then me. Cuz the dog aint going to shoot me when I start trying to eat it.

-Ammo-

The Key to survival cuz If you have no ammo you can just hit zombies with a bat all day so use it wisely and find as much as possible.

-Where to live-

I would say a small town so that zombies are scarce and you can just kill them off and start a City all over again. But if you already live in New York City then you may want to get to the country. Or out to see. Unless the Sharks turn into Zombies then thats going to be hard on trying to sleep.

-Others Soon-

Maybe the best comment! xP
TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

By ZombieFreak77 btw... xD

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!! Zombie survival xD

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I think getting a group of survivors and starting a new "city" is the best idea

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

I would take a throwing knife, and a helicopter with infinite ammo machine gun with infinite fuel

Showing 406-420 of 459