ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159229
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

a helicopter with infinite ammo machine gun with infinite fuel

sounds like a perteum mobile and that is impossible.

What I would do is seein how super versatile an AA12 or striker is Get one of them for close range, SCAR-H/SCAR-L for mid range, and try to find an LMG/Sniper/scoped hunting rifle for long range. Then find an area with one entrance/exit with supplies to last for at least three years and keep all my friends/ppl with mixed skills(farming/archery/cleaning) around (especially the ladies) also buy tons of ammo before the zombies run rampant

sounds good but why only one entrance/exit? sounds like a trap if there are too many zombies around the building, you run out of ammo and you cant get out to loot new ammo because the only exit is blocked. it should have windows (not on the ground floor) so you can get out while zombies are around. i dont know if they can climb but if there are trees near the windows you can get from tree to tree or you could use ropes to build a ropeway or so to get from top floor to top floor. if the zombies dont notice you you can loot new ammo or leave the town, depending on how much are there.
dgamebillda
dgamebillda
8 posts
Nomad

just go to the moon!
do you think zombies could use space suits?
or you could make a treadmill blockadehttp://www.crazyasabagofhammers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2526.jpg

you could also slow them down by giving them a computer and getting them addicted to minecraft.
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/83138/83138,1265821786,7/stock-photo-computer-zombie-46394659.jpg
and guns are a good idea, but can also be more work than their worth.

if you got some sort of an android to distract the zombies, you could get away to an escape rocket easily.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Here is my list:

Supplies:
-small to mid-sized backpack w/frame (no reflectors)
-military style quart canteens (x2)
-2 days of freezedried meals (mre x6)
-travel first aid kit
-iodine tablets
-portable hammock
-space blanket
-waterproof matches
-8 oz bunson burner w/tablets
-fishing wire/hooks
-550 cord (parachute cord)

Clothing:
-hair ties/ non-logo baseball cap (or pixie cut)
-long sleeve blouse/t-shirt
-snug fit jeans/military style fatigues (bdu)
-goretex lined quarter high boots (leather)
-lightweight goretex jacket w/ detachable hood
-adjustable workman style utility belt (leather/nylon)
-merino wool socks (x2 pair)

Weaponry:
-British commando knife (8" double-side smooth blade)
-3 lb single-hand wooden bat (duct tape re-enforced)
-.22 calibre pistol (15 +1 round clip capacity)
-.22 clips (x3)

additional equipment:
-2 lb single-hand hatchet
-2 lb 14" crowbar
-self-charging portable radio/flashlight
-laminated topographical maps
-reenforced frame mountain bike

Basic Strategy:
Once the signs of outbreak begin to surface, I would attempt to leave town (Northern Kansas City) and head north, toward smaller locales by vehicle. Several small towns dot the Missouri/Kansas border, as well as isolated farmhouses surrounded by flat farmland. Depending on the strength/level of outbreak, I would attempt to create a headquarters, and recruit survivor pockets via radio or expedition. Establish practical defendable boundries and re-enforce as well as possible. Create trade/pillage routes as practicality/safety warrents.

Mostly, I would do everything I could to stay alive.

(sorry if it's a bit long...but I really tried to keep it as realistic as possible.)

pooper252
pooper252
7 posts
Shepherd

i'm Australian so i would just take a cricket bat with me wherever i went

sydken610
sydken610
20 posts
Nomad

Lets be real, you should hit HOME DEPOT!!!! They've got supplies to lock up your base, close combat tools, and plenty of other supplies such as flashlights! HOME DEPOT IS THE *HTSAZA SPOT!
*how to survive a zombie apocalypse

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Lets be real, you should hit HOME DEPOT!!!! They've got supplies to lock up your base, close combat tools, and plenty of other supplies such as flashlights! HOME DEPOT IS THE *HTSAZA SPOT!
*how to survive a zombie apocalypse

even if its empty because many others had the same idea?

@Strongbow good plan but what do you do if your bike chain breaks or you get holes in your tires?
Toluffy
Toluffy
7 posts
Peasant

You need be quiclky ... to get resources and do quests

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Go to a county, there are less zombies there.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@Strongbow good plan but what do you do if your bike chain breaks or you get holes in your tires?

Well, I would most likely be upset for a bit about my bad luck, then...walk hehe

Of course, the bike is merely a way to get from point A to B a bit easier, hopefully without attracting too much unwanted attention from the undead and/or bandits. I have a feeling that there would be quite a few bicycles, (as well as other supplies), available in rural and urban neighborhoods alike, if one was brave enough to do a bit of scavenging.

(Of course, a little luck would go a long way too).

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

no matter how friendly the zombie, don't try to give him a hug

djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

melee would probably be best because zombie are atraccted to noise and what happens when you run out of ammo

ps crowbar is best melee because it can do multiple thing

pss i read the zombie suvival guide by max brooks

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

no matter how friendly the zombie, don't try to give him a hug

wha???? that is.......just wow........thats so.......nevermind.........
The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

My plan is to have two backpacks,stay at a non-populated area, and try to find a gun shop.Try to get as many weapons and ammunition as possible.After that, when your 100% sure their are no zombies in the area,try to find any store with lots of food and water(stuff as many in your second backpack) and stay their for a few days(try to find survivors first).Then after that,find a place with really thick walls so you and the survivors are safe...for now

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

My plan is to have two backpacks,

how gonna carry both?

,stay at a non-populated area

fair plan

try to find a gun shop.Try to get as many weapons and ammunition as possible

ammunition gonna be scarce unless you go around killing everyone zombie or not, and gunshops will be empty

try to find any store with lots of food and water(stuff as many in your second backpack)

you're gonna walk into an empty zombie filled store where the only food is rotting bodies

stay their for a few days(try to find survivors first).

gonna be hard to barricade

Then after that,find a place with really thick walls so you and the survivors are safe...for now

pray tell, where is one of those?

/taking apart plan
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]My plan is to have two backpacks,stay at a non-populated area, and try to find a gun shop.Try to get as many weapons and ammunition as possible.After that, when your 100% sure their are no zombies in the area,try to find any store with lots of food and water(stuff as many in your second backpack) and stay their for a few days(try to find survivors first).Then after that,find a place with really thick walls so you and the survivors are safe...for now [\\quote]

extremly short term bro.besides 2 backpackes? ummmm way to much weight

Showing 421-435 of 459