ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159018
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
Sparx0
Sparx0
137 posts
Nomad
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

that is also a half decent idea.

bananaboy7
bananaboy7
6 posts
Nomad

Semi automatic rifle would be my firearm of choice, as it does not waste ammo quickly, and can be used accurately.

My preffered melee weapons would be categorized as such
-for sharp, slashing weapons, I would pick either a working order katana or machete, both would be very effective.

-For blunt weapons, I would LOVE to get my hands on a working mace. If I couldn't, I'd have to stick with a crowbar, as they can be used both as a zombie killing tool, and it's practical use, opening things.

I would try my best to travel on foot or, if a vehicle is the only option, something very heavily armored. I'd feel better knowing my car isn't going to be flipped.

-holdout, if a nearby military bunker or bomb shelter was nearby and had ample provisions, I would be there in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'd have to say something like a flat roofed building, on the roof of course, with good weather protection and rations.

All of these of course are in the event of a slow, shambling zomb-pocalypse. If it were the crazy fast sprinters, I'd focus on guns, guns, explosives, and more guns, and I'd make a beeline for the most secure underground holdout I could find and let everything blow over.

And if I were to be bitten, I'd make sure to say my last goodbyes to all, then I would run and distract as many zombies as I could before ultimately ending myself and being effective bait, letting my friends flee to safety.

sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

That video is not very good. Read the zombie survival guide. I know it's good because I am a trained zombie proffessinal

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

Joe, that would only end in an even more horrible death for everyone..... especially you.....

I'm in space, of course I would be safe. And the nukes would only be at the places were there are zombies. If the U.S. had a bunch but Russia didn't, Russia wouldn't get nuked.
joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

And if I were to be bitten, I'd make sure to say my last goodbyes to all, then I would run and distract as many zombies as I could before ultimately ending myself and being effective bait, letting my friends flee to safety.

Very heroic, but would only would if the virus was slow acting.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Joe, you know what happens when nukes go off? EMPs. You know what happens when an EMP hits a satellite? it gets turned off. You know what that means? Either you suffocate or get incinerated during reentry. That is a horrible idea by all standards.

JakeGreek
JakeGreek
1 posts
Nomad

Okay, Zombie Apocalypse...

I guess my plans for it are as follows.

The first ting I would do is grab my hunting rifle & pistol. So as far as weapons go I'm good, at least for now. I would also start working on a safe haven at my house. To do that I'll "borrow" my neighbors old chain saw, take apart my deck, cut the would to size, & barricade my home. Luckily for me I live about an hour away from Dallas & Fort Worth, but I'm in a "community housing aria" so rabid neighbors be a-knocking.

Then (Assuming I live long enough.) I'll go to an army base & getting me some serious fire power. Stocking up on all sorts of weapons to defend against random zombie hordes n' such... I'll see about annexing a house somewhere in the country, not to far away from supplies, but not in zombie city.

Next (Still assuming I survive.) I'll live in my home-made fort & search for survivors I guess, but they have to have a skill, like being a nurse or a teacher. + it'll cost them some supplies. No children! That's just more mouths to feed & trouble I don't need. leave them. after a while I'll engage in a "scorched earth policy" destroying everything in-between me & whatever or where-ever I might be going 'r doing. (Calling back to the "serious firepower" I'll steal from the army or whatever.)

Finally (Even still assuming I'm alive & have a considerable amount of survivors.) I'll try to rebuild. Make a town by the sea/ocean. (Depending on where I am.) Grow food, make clothes, barricade the town with some kine of wall to keep random zombies from wandering in & infecting more of the citizens of >random town name hear<, build houses, a hospital, a school/library mix thing, start up an armed force to defend against all forms of hostel life. Crap like that, you know. Grow the town into a city adopting all survivors. (Only after the pass an extensive medical examination & a one month waiting period in an enclosed aria near, but secluded from the rest of the city.) Start life over n' crap.

Now... those are my plans.... as far as tips go I only have

> Never Travel At Night! That's just dumb.

> Keep quiet & be selective of targets. No need to telegraph a presence.

> Take account the risk vs. rewards for entering a populated aria. More supplies, higher possibility of a group of survivors, & of course more zombies.

> Work Out! Only the strong survive.

> Don't chase after loved ones. More often then not... Brraaaiiinns

> Where multiple layers of clothing. there are many reasons for this... One is that if the zombie(s) grab your shirt or whatever you'll be wearing, you can take it off & still be clothed.

> Last one. If you are wounded by falling on a rock or scraping your nee or whatever random reason. Cover It The Heck Up! & well to. You Don't want to be busting heads & get some blood on a tiny frigin' cut & start to crap out.

So..... Yeah, there you go.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

@jake greek .i doubt that the army would let you just walk in ......and walk back out just like that .also you are taking some of there precious guns.i doubt it.not trying to diss you or anything.you got a plan man nice

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

i agree with killer, also the chainsaw will make a lot of Ruckus so that'd just ring a big dinner bell

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

the whole plan was not about trees .they are just a decent % of it

same goes for my plan. i would climb up a tree if i see a zombie (i travel only if its not dark) and then i would kill them with arrows (i know how to make arrows out of branches, the only thing you need is a knife! and a bow to fire them). after i killed them i get down. and if my bow or the sinew breaks into pieces i can make a knew bow. i know how to hunt with traps (strings, a bait and time) and then i could use their sinew and a stabile but flexile branche to make a knew bow.

That video is not very good. Read the zombie survival guide.

a good way to survive against zombies.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

use their sinew

Very bad idea. All you need to do is have a single nick on your finger and you'll be zombified.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Tip go to the police or army and stick with them you will be safe then.

Otherwise make a fort in your house like in I am Legend. You should survive.

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I am glad that this subject is famous and refreshed here in forums so everyone can see it! I love the Zombie Apocalypse theory and all the ideas you guys say are very interesting and helpfull!!!

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

@ 44 flames ummm well ya see .....i am legend was a movie where they tricked out the guys house with a bunch of lights and protection........how do you plan to move 50 foot football field lights let alone get them to your house.don't go to the police .atleast where i am there are like 10-15 police people .....they will eventuall die off . how do you plan on finding the army .they are not just sitting in a fort waiting for ya.this was not ment to hate on flames just wanted to state some flaws that i see

Showing 391-405 of 459