ForumsThe TavernOuija Board

54 8976
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Now for those of you who do not know how to say this, it's the board that "allows" you to "talk" to "spirits". Obviously I'm not a believer myself but I am going to be using one tomorrow because I do not believe and my friends are petrified of the board.
So if you do believe have you ever used one? If so what's your story? Also does anyone know where we can buy one? We tried looking at Wal-mart but no such luck...

• 54 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I've heard and read about them, but I've never used or seen one. I would like to just to see how it works though. No idea where you can buy them.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I want to use one. It'd be interesting to see if it's not just people pushing the thing around.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I believe, but not the typical belief. Let me tell you a story: This was a long time ago, when my 61-year-old mother was very young; not even converted to our religion (Seventh-Day Adventism). She had a Ouija board. She would use it, and she felt her hands being forced across the board. It would spell out things that she asked; things she never knew. She later converted, and learned that we believe such things are controlled by demons. A tad scary if you learn that you've been doing something controlled by powerful followers of the ultimate force of evil. She panicked then, and tried to destroy it. She tried breaking it in half, sawing it... It was never even scratched; it was wooden, but nothing ever happened. She ended up throwing it in the trash. So, yes, I do believe. And whether you think I'm crazy or something is up to you, but I couldn't more strongly advise anyone against something like that.

Epic563
Epic563
166 posts
Nomad

@Legion

I know right, my Mom told me never to use them, because it connects with evil spirits. When some of my Christian friends used them, they did all sorts of dumb stuff with it. I find it blasphemy and I keeps stuff like evil ghosts, spirits, etc. out of my life.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Six Scary Tricks That Amazed Us as Kids (Explained by Science) #4: Ouija Boards (language, references) All excessive stories of fantasy and horror aside, its "communication with the subconscious part of your brain". Much easier when with other people, since you have multiple brains pulling your involuntary muscles.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

She tried breaking it in half, sawing it... It was never even scratched

Breaking it in half with her hands? Sawing it with the serrated part of the blade?

I find it blasphemy and I keeps stuff like evil ghosts, spirits, etc. out of my life.

It's a wooden plank. Exactly what is blasphemy about that? I really wish I could try one out just to see what people are talking about...Wikipedia is not clear at all how it "spells" things out, or how you ask questions to it or anything like that.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I want one.

Any good way to connect with the demonic side of life, if it be there at all, is an excellent way to **** myself to hell and not suffer eternity with that narcissistic ******* called 'God.'

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

@Freakenstein First, Frank, two things. One, I love Cracked.com. Second, yes, I understand the subconscious. But how would my mother learn things she never knew?

Breaking it in half with her hands? Sawing it with the serrated part of the blade?

Yes, and yes. There was never even a scratch.

It's a wooden plank. Exactly what is blasphemy about that?

According to Judeo-Christian religions, it is contacting Satan or his demons. Our religions forbid us from associating with evil beings in any way.

Any good way to connect with the demonic side of life, if it be there at all, is an excellent way to **** myself to hell and not suffer eternity with that narcissistic ******* called 'God.'

*Ahem* Yeah, there's nothing quite like burning in a massive, blazing inferno with a massive number of evil humans and angels for who knows how long, with your skin peeling off and the like...
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Yes, and yes. There was never even a scratch.

I'm going to call exaggeration, bull****, or just plain incompetence with a saw.

According to Judeo-Christian religions, it is contacting Satan or his demons. Our religions forbid us from associating with evil beings in any way.

Yes yes I get that, what I don't understand is, why is it considered that? It's a wooden plank with letters, yes/no, and numbers. I didn't realise calculators were demonically posessed. Them demons sure do math well.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I'm going to call exaggeration, bull****, or just plain incompetence with a saw.

Ok, ok. I can understand that. But let's go along with the idea of demons being real for a second. We believe that demons can possess, are abnormally strong, etc. We believe they can do much more that stop a piece of wood from being damaged. At most, we believe Poltergeist and Amityville Horror can be replicated easily.

Yes yes I get that, what I don't understand is, why is it considered that? It's a wooden plank with letters, yes/no, and numbers. I didn't realise calculators were demonically posessed. Them demons sure do math well.

We're not saying the board itself is evil. It's just its specific purpose. Why would we want to summon demons? We believe they can possess, and force evil thoughts into people. Therefore, that would put us at great risk.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

*Ahem* Yeah, there's nothing quite like burning in a massive, blazing inferno with a massive number of evil humans and angels for who knows how long, with your skin peeling off and the like...

Better than being stuck with that penis you worship.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

We're not saying the board itself is evil. It's just its specific purpose. Why would we want to summon demons? We believe they can possess, and force evil thoughts into people. Therefore, that would put us at great risk.

But it's been shown that there's no otherworldly possesion going on or anything, just unconcious movement. No demons involved.

We believe that demons can possess, are abnormally strong, etc. We believe they can do much more that stop a piece of wood from being damaged.

Sure, if the movement was caused by some supernatural being why not? However, we know what makes the planchette move - the people who's hands are on it.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Why would we want to summon demons?

Oh also, as I understand the goal isn't to summon demons, it's to talk to the dead. People in heaven are considered dead too.

Did I miss something here?
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

But it's been shown that there's no otherworldly possesion going on or anything, just unconcious movement. No demons involved. ...we know what makes the planchette move - the people who's hands are on it.

Going back to what Frank said, how would someone learn something they didn't already know? People really do learn facts they never knew before.

Orion, if you really knew what God was, you'd know that he is pure benevolence.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Going back to what Frank said, how would someone learn something they didn't already know? People really do learn facts they never knew before.

There's normally multiple people right? Well, if even one of them knows, they can direct it. I've never used one so I can't say, but logically there's an explanation for everything.

Orion, if you really knew what God was, you'd know that he is pure benevolence.

Let's not get sidetracked.
Showing 1-15 of 54