ForumsThe TavernSmall things that annoy you

131 18839
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Is there anything that has little relevance that just bug you so much? What I don't like is when there is no question mark after a question. It just irritates me.

• 131 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

@legion1350 yes like that and it is so annoying.

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

It's called sun.

Why is it the Sol System? Go on a space forum and see everyone calling it Sol.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I hate it when I ask for no ice in my drink and they put it in anyway. I don't want my drink to be watered-down; I paid for the drink, not a heap of frozen tap water.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Haha that's actually a good point Ernie.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

sarcastic compliments. Sometimes they are fine, but there is this one kid in my class who always tells this one ugly guy that he is a ladies man, and i get sad can the guy is actually very nice):

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

When people quote the flags.

Like so...

Flag
sarcastic compliments. Sometimes they are fine, but there is this one kid in my class who always tells this one ugly guy that he is a ladies man, and i get sad can the guy is actually very nice):

FLAG!!!
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i scrolled down too far and thought you were actually flagging my post haha

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I hate it when I ask for no ice in my drink and they put it in anyway. I don't want my drink to be watered-down; I paid for the drink, not a heap of frozen tap water.
Yeah, but they have to use gas to heat it to produce fire to heat up the water to blast it at the turbine as steam to turn the generator to spin the coil around the wire and induce electricity to pass it through the coil of wire to the transformer which generates alternating magnetic field which cuts the field lines of the secondary coil which induces an electric current which steps up the electricity which is passed over the pylons which pass through the cables and is stepped down on the other side using a step down transformer which is passed through to the area and is stepped down again, which passes through the cable and runs an electric current through the freezer which circulates the chemical which causes it to cause an endothermic reaction which absorbs the heat and it is circulated through to cause convection currents which allow the warm air to rise and the cool air to fall causing a cooling affect in the freezer. The coolness causes the molecules in the water to stop having as much thermal energy which the molecules convert to kinetic energy, this is less so they don't move about as much causing the molecules to move less causing them to stay in a fixed position with only vibration of the molecules. This causes the water to solidify to form ice.

If you trace back the chain of events, the ice cubes' mass production requires gas which is a fossil fuel which the fossil fuels are running out to make the electricity to run the freezer and the freezer needed to be invented. And therefore it costs money to pay for the electricity so really it costs money to take the water from a liquid form to a solid form because it requires energy to lower its temperature to cause solidification which is from the electricity. So really the ice does cost money to make and therefore even though it is only frozen tap water it is still different and therefore it is worth more than ordinary tap water as it has to go through the same process of purification as water as well as being frozen. Therefore it isn't as cut and dry as simple water because of the electricity needed to make it. So really the argument you should be making is that it is watering down the taste. But it is keeping it cool, therefore I guess it depends on what you want...
calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

I hate it when people think that they know everything about something and thinks that everyone else doesn't know anything about the subject.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

How about the "last comment placed 40 years ago" bug on AG.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The smiley in the facebook-app adbots' advertising. It just sits there, mocking me with that stupid smile.
I might even be able to actually go about deleting the spam and ads ignoring how annoying the adbots are, but that smile just...

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

The people that read over my shoulder, people who act all bad and are really stupid, morons who act stupid and think they're cool, people who don't know anything about what they are saying but they act like geniuses. People who hate Mormons and so they make up false facts about us or ask us about magnets... and mostlyHYPOCRITES

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

you decide what annoys you. you allow them to annoy you.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I also hate when parents let their mentally challenged children do stupid **** in public, then just tell everyone 'they're special! Why can't you be sensitive?"
I know, right? I don't care if they're "special", they can't do that crap in public and get defended for it!
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I know, right? I don't care if they're "special", they can't do that crap in public and get defended for it!

Yea but they don't have the mental capacity to comprehend that they are "special" and what it means. Besides they wouldn't understand what is wrong with that anyways.
Showing 31-45 of 131