ForumsThe Tavern{Necro}The (most) Annoying/Worst thing thats happens to you on AG

34 7700
ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

I decided to make this after something rather annyoing just happend to me on ArmorGames, and felt annoyed so I decided to see if anybody has had something worse happen to them. Basiclly all you is just put i.e:
The most annoying thing that has happend to me on ArmorGames was when a Spammer posted about 50 comments on my profile for AP
or
The worst thing that has happend to me on AG was all my AP removed for spamming

My one is:
The worst thing that has happend to me on AG happend about 5 minutes ago, I was making a Topic to help people with The Last Castle game, when just before I submit accidently hit something on my faverouite bar and lose all the hard work I put into it! Now I cba making another!

• 34 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Well, there was that time when 420 hijacked my profile and made me angry. Looking back on it, my reaction was effing retarded and the whole thing was hilarious. At the time, not so much.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

When people ask questions like "How do I add friends?" or "How to I fav a game?"

I don't consider it annoying, but funny. Cen always talks about me and stuff. Here are some examples:

Last Paragraph

And this one. . .

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You seemed a little aggravated by it this morning, though.

Let's see, annoying stuff... People circumventing a one or three day ban several times, and then telling the mod they are a loser with no life for being on the website (to ban their butt again).
Working to get stickies update and quickly conclude there is nothing in the world that would make the people that needs to read them, actually read them.
Questions that have one or more simple, logical answers, that wouldn't need to be asked if people had eyes in their head and/or lurked more. The add friends/fave games questions are good examples.
People who start up a fight with a moderator, because they have broken the rules but seems to have missed that as well as the ban message. Often leading to swears, all caps, name callings, the aforementioned lack of logic, stupid comments like "You can't tell me what to do!" (newsflash, yes, we can), "You are not my dad!" (thank goodness for that, I would be sad to have a kid like you), "You are just some sad little greedy boy living in your parents' basement!" (My parents apparently have a 300km long house, and since when did being a sad little boy include getting bachelor degrees?), "You are abusing your power!" (And you are abusing your brain. Stop humping it and start using it properly), and the all time winner "You should just let me be, then I wouldn't [break ALL the rules]!" (So, you are breaking the rules, but we shouldn't punish you, because then you will break even more of the rules? I am sorry, your logic seems to have left the building).

Hmm...
Oh, and getting those threads or comments... You know the kind... "We need more mods!", "I haven't gotten any merits!", "The mods doesn't merit anything!" and so on. For the obvious reasons that I don't really care about your opinion on a matter you don't know anything about/you are dramatically wrong about.

Funny how most of these relates to being a moderator... There might be a pattern in this.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Cen. . . Again. . .

Oh yeah, and it's kind of annoying when people yell at mods (I think this is called bravery). They are doing their work, and they do have a life, so yeah. . .

And another thing that annoys me is when mods delete your whole thread, and you lose like seven forum posts :|

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think mine's gotta be that thing were you're just quietly trying to do your duty as a mod, and then suddenly you've been mostly away from the site for over a year.

Hi. :V

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think mine's gotta be that thing were you're just quietly trying to do your duty as a mod, and then suddenly you've been mostly away from the site for over a year.

Hi. :V

Hello Zophia, good to see you back >:3

The most annoying thing for me is perhaps linked to what you mentioned; i.e coming back and finding that all the people you liked to interact with are gone. Then again, that doesn't matter, since all the AG people who matter to me, or just one in particular, I already have on FB/MSN.

So in retrospect, the most annoying are the blatantly ignorant comments in the WERP (Oh, Israel and the USA are at war!) yet the most delightful thing to is still to thumb those people down.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

I never get annoyed at ArmorGames and that's why I love this site so much.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Most annoying to me is when a thread is locked because of a few of the posters in it; can't recreate.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Cen. . . Again. . .

So?

Hi Zophia. How long will your next hiatus be?

Something unrelated to the moderator part (I outranted that anyway): When you use time to write a good, intellectual and long post/OP and the post or thread gets ignored completely because no one cares to read it or form a proper opinion. Like writing about digital communication, and barely being able to get a page and a half of replies. Or, God forbid it, make an art thread. Or worse, make an art thread and have Strop post in it.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote]Cen. . . Again. . .

So?[/quote]

!!!

One thing that annoys me is when a mod deletes one of your posts when you were on topic.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I believe it was either patronizing or too short.
Wasn't it about how several other people had had their comments deleted already, and thus it was a bad topic? Because that isn't on topic, that's just being a jerk.
Though, that might have been someone else. Can't remember. Oh well, it isn't important anyway.

Back to the mod rant:
It's rather annoying when you are trying to help someone and they start insulting you.
On the other hand, he crowned me king of losers, so he really ought to be listening to me in the first place.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

On the other hand, he crowned me king of losers, so he really ought to be listening to me in the first place.

Who, me?

It's rather annoying when you are trying to help someone and they start insulting you.

Then just ban them for insulting someone. . .

Unless your talking about me. . .
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Unless your talking about me. . .

Why should you be exempt?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Uh, no, not you.
Hate to burst your bubble, Invalid, but not everything is about you.
As would be obvious, unless you go about calling me king of losers as well. Then I can see how you might have gotten confused.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Hate to burst your bubble, Invalid, but not everything is about you.

Then I can see how you might have gotten confused.

In that case, you think I am "secretly" doing it. . . ?
Showing 1-15 of 34