ForumsThe TavernWeapon of choice for killing zombies.

198 32915
skyrider31
skyrider31
25 posts
Nomad

What weapon will you use against zombies? Chainsaw, bazooka, katana, C4 or M16?

• 198 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Trench knife

you mean like the chakra-blade from naruto?

Tactical Tomahawk:

Country of Origin: China
Price: $64.25

this is a little bit difficult to get for some people. why not using a small and light hammer like roran in the book eragon?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

...did you even click the links in my post? No?
Well kudos on failing to do so.

Both weapons are fairly easy to get, and not horribly expensive. And both are real, modern weapons that are easy to use. Not some bull weapon from a manga or a movie.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Some bottles of acid with brain-smell would do it.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Most people do not have vast amounts of ammunition stockpiled

I know of a very certain cartridge that you can find almost anywhere in America, hell, even find on the street occasionally...

A .22 is an absolutely ideal weapon, especially if semi-automatic and with a scope attached. Why? It comes down to the simple rules about guns:

Penetration on a .22 is more than adequate at even beyond 100 yards. It will punch right through the front of the skull but not through the back, making it bounce around inside the head, effectively turning the brain to mash. While absolutely obliterating the head is cool, it might make the more woozy of us gag and vomit. Seeing a head explode is not something normal people get used to.

Availability of .22LR is also very important. .22LR is by and large the most common round in existence, and when you do find it (and you will), chances are you'll find it in absolutely insane volumes. Due to the very cheap nature of the round, the people who own .22s can buy hundreds of rounds without crazy objection to their finances, making them do so with ease. You will very likely never run out of ammunition, and if you do, it's your own fault for not looking hard enough.

Weight is also a key factor. Not just of the rifle, but of the ammo. .22s are small and weigh almost nothing. Compared to that of a 5.56 or a 7.62, they're very light and take up way less space in your pack. The rifles also very often weigh very little, as there doesn't need to be as much steel to keep the pressure in.

Recoil of a .22 is virtually nonexistent. The ability to pop off round after round with almost no divergence from the target is important in the unfortunate event that you miss, and trust me, you will miss. Even the best miss under pressure.

Finally, noise. .22s are very quiet, and even when fired next to your face have very little chance of causing any painful injury. Oftentimes the sonic boom is far louder than the firing itself, especially downrange. The zombies won't know what hit them.

And that children, is why the .22 is a perfect round for killing zombies. People? Not so much. People can return fire.

As for melee weapons, that should be the absolute very last resort, when all the chips are up and you're seriously being considered for tonight's barbecue. Anything can be a melee weapon, but light, blunt objects are your best bet. Baseball bats are perhaps the best at this. That have virtually no chance of getting stuck in the zombie, are very easy to you (no chance of cutting yourself), keep the blood down (so you don't get it into any open cuts you might have), and are easy to find.
j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

An axe, swing one fast enough and you can decapitate a person.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, but if you don't decapitate them, then it gets stuck. And you don't want to waste time trying to get it out.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

of course when your facing a horde that swing will tire you out and you'll be zombie bait
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

...did you even click the links in my post? No?
Well kudos on failing to do so.

i did and i said it would get for some people hard to get these weapons because if you live like me in europe you will have no dollars. or can i pay them with � if i order it, how long must i wait till i get it?

the knife looks...old. like from the medievil times. i have not seen it anywhere in germany, so i have trouble to get this weopn, too.

xxsneaky
xxsneaky
105 posts
Nomad

I would use a bazooka. Because I'm awesome like that.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

people will think im crazy but i would use a police car siren and 2 katanas.

ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

i would choose a lightsaber if possible. if not chainsaw, and then finally katana. i wouldn't choose a gun since they run out of bullets and what are you gonna do when you use all your ammo. at least u can keep using the chainsaw or katana over and over again.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

at least u can keep using the chainsaw or katana over and over again.

Wouldn't you need batteries or a power source for the chainsaw? I suppose you could still smack them with it even if it wasn't working.
liamster3
liamster3
140 posts
Nomad

a weapon that kills zombies duh

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

a chainsaw needs fuel, if its empty you can it use only as a very heavy baseball bat. besides that, do you have a chainsaw at your home?

I would use a bazooka.

do you have one at home? do you know how to use it? if this thread were for fun it would be in the games forums and not in the tavern. people these days...

the best weapon is your mind. if you cant use it right, you are screwed in every difficult situation.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Obviously the viable option is a sword or SLEDGEHAMMER. I have both. Wouldn't mind using my revolver too...

Showing 16-30 of 198