ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 50179
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
KiLLaH1234567
KiLLaH1234567
248 posts
Nomad

I think we aren't

Chewy_Donut
Chewy_Donut
16 posts
Nomad

I'll bet we're not alone.

The Drake Equation says we should have around 0-50 other communicating civilizations in our galaxy.

Even if we have 0.05, the minimum for the equation, there are way more than 20 galaxies in our universe.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

there are way more than 20 galaxies in our universe.

way way more than that mate

and we aren't alone in this universe/galaxy
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Personally, I have always believed that there are other lifeforms out there, ones that can greatly humble us.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

We are not alone, the chances of being alone in the universe are too small to be worth anything. Although the chances of us finding/communicating with aliens are extremely low, so we might never know for sure.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Personally, I have always believed that there are other lifeforms out there, ones that can greatly humble us.

God perchance?
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure there is some organic life forms out in space. The problem is that there is a 1000+ light year distance....

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm pretty sure there is some organic life forms out in space. The problem is that there is a 1000+ light year distance....

Wouldn't even have to be that far out. For instance the closest solar system is only about 4 light years from us. Go out about 50ly and there are plenty of possible systems that could even have Earth like planets. Hell we're not even 100% sure we're the only inhabited sphere in this solar system (as far as any form of life goes).
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

If any life has formed, wouldn't they have reacted to us by now?

TheCheeseMaker
TheCheeseMaker
349 posts
Nomad

Considering how large the universe is (and so far only the known universe, there could be plenty more), there must be life somewhere else. I agree with Moe that there is a low chance that extra-terrestrials would be able to communicate with us in any way.

songwriter721
songwriter721
48 posts
Nomad

Of course there is, space is infinate, chances are there are ExtraTerrestrials somewhere, whether quintillion's of light years away, there is something there.
Let's move to crop circles, man cannot make them that complex in one night. Man cannot even build a small house in one night! Plus most crop circles are wayyyyyyyyy too complex to make, what with symmetry, design, etc. A team of 500 could make it (maybe), but how many times would you volenteer to make a imprint in the grass and waste your night?
So ovbiously there are things out there.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

they dont have to be ailiens but there is another form of life

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

What do you mean?
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

If they are aliens they are not from earth, if they are from earth, then its highly likely life forms exist on earth so its not a really big deal.
SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

I'm not alone. There's 4 other people in my apartment, and plenty of ants.

If you were talking about aliens, there probably are. But considering the fact that they are really far away, I doubt they will know English, Russian, Morse code, or any human languages.

Showing 121-135 of 252