ForumsWEPRSOPA protest

134 32674
Spoonodeath
Spoonodeath
3 posts
Nomad

Guys who else thinks that Armor Games should go down on Jan 18th to Protest SOPA along with these sites and more;

Google
AOL
Yahoo!
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Foursquare
PayPal
Amazon
eBay
Mozilla Firefox
Netscape
Flickr
The Huffington Post.

• 134 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I don't think AG should go down. Why should it? A day protest will come to nothing. And in the end, even if all the above listed sites carry on shutting down for more than a day, the public backlash will be immense because 1) People will get fed up in the end 2) There are many more users other than just American users.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

i guess (and hope) those companys are smart enoufg that they only have to go down in the usa and not have to drag the rest of the world in usa problems.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Reddit is going down too

Also party I hope you know that they'll be going down completely, they can't just shut down in the US since they are based there

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Also party I hope you know that they'll be going down completely, they can't just shut down in the US since they are based there

-,- Don't they have servers in other nations? Urgh, what bad corporate planning. Why do we have to suffer for an American bill?
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

-,- Don't they have servers in other nations? Urgh, what bad corporate planning. Why do we have to suffer for an American bill?

Well SOPA will effect you too what if YouTube goes down? Or some other community based website you like
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well SOPA will effect you too what if YouTube goes down? Or some other community based website you like

Oh you know us Chinese. We've been in the game too long. How else do my friends circumvent the Great Firewall of China? I can still use the Chinese versions of Youtube or Google.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

they can't just shut down in the US since they are based there

facepalm.
hahahahahaha. oke that was funny it made my day xD
they can simply close the ip connections of the usa and stay online everywere els in the world.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

facepalm.
hahahahahaha. oke that was funny it made my day xD
they can simply close the ip connections of the usa and stay online everywere els in the world.

I doubt they will

Oh you know us Chinese. We've been in the game too long. How else do my friends circumvent the Great Firewall of China? I can still use the Chinese versions of Youtube or Google

Then use that during the whole day (gasp) ut's down.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

I doubt they will

oh what can say.... ignorand close minded americans? or did i mention that to often already?

then tell me why you want to drag the rest of the world in your problems?
it is not our problem because we will lose some sites.
there are many ways for them to stay online outside the usa while the usa isn't able to connect to them.

and if they are found illegal in the usa then those companys simply move to a other country where they are allowed. that is no problem for them either.

so the conclusion is that it is a usa problem and the rest of the world should not be draged into it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Then use that during the whole day (gasp) ut's down.

What makes you think I don't already use it on a daily basis?

oh what can say.... ignorand close minded americans? or did i mention that to often already?

there are many ways for them to stay online outside the usa while the usa isn't able to connect to them.

and if they are found illegal in the usa then those companys simply move to a other country where they are allowed. that is no problem for them either.

so the conclusion is that it is a usa problem and the rest of the world should not be draged into it.

Maybe Sweden? Sweden already has a Pirate Party advocating internet freedom and file sharing, which already has seats in Parliament.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Do you really think they will though? After the jail time I'd rather just go "screw it" and why are you complaining that they'll take some sites off for a day, it's not like the end of the world.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Do you really think they will though? After the jail time I'd rather just go "screw it" and why are you complaining that they'll take some sites off for a day, it's not like the end of the world.

He's saying that if the sites are ruled as illegal, or have their content considered illegal, they can move to a country which doesn't mind.

He isn't saying they should move because of a day.

After the jail time I'd rather just go "screw it"

Why would they when Pirate Bay is worth millions?
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Besides a lot of sites are doing things to prevent feeding money to SOPA supporters so I doubt it'll go

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Do you really think they will though?

it's like what 30 min work. and that way they still protest and make money by staying connected whit the world.

so yes it's for their own best.

After the jail time I'd rather just go "screw it"

thats why your not the boss. those people just buy off the jail time and then start in a other country making millions again.

and they will not get jail time anyway because they have not done anything wrong when it was legal.

why are you complaining that they'll take some sites off for a day, it's not like the end of the world.

tbh i only use 1 or 2 sites from that list. and there are other sites that can do the same.
i don't argue for myself i argue for the millions of people outside the usa that do use it.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Just because the mess started in america it doesn't mean that the rest of the world can ignore it. Corporations will try to support the creation of similar laws in other countries too, especially when they'll have set a precedent in the USA.

Showing 1-15 of 134