ForumsWEPRSOPA protest

134 32671
Spoonodeath
Spoonodeath
3 posts
Nomad

Guys who else thinks that Armor Games should go down on Jan 18th to Protest SOPA along with these sites and more;

Google
AOL
Yahoo!
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Foursquare
PayPal
Amazon
eBay
Mozilla Firefox
Netscape
Flickr
The Huffington Post.

• 134 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Does protesting against SOPA really matter now? Congress said they dropped it, they're not going for it anymore.

Yeah, it's safe to back off of SOPA for now, but I believe Protect IP is still out there!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

but I believe Protect IP is still out there!

No,both have been dropped. Woohoo!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Does protesting against SOPA really matter now? Congress said they dropped it, they're not going for it anymore.

Yes, our next step is to see that those who supported these bills are not left in a position to back another bill similar to them and remain vigilant that another similar bill isn't pushed froward. It concerns me they are moving on with censoring the internet even without it and this too needs to be addressed. Finally we need to figure out what can be done about NDAA and it's like that have already gotten through.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Maybe our next step should be to focus our sights on ACTA.
Say NO to ACTA [EVERYONE MUST SEE[ [HD]

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I saw something funny on reddit that i can't find, but basically it said SOPA was a good thing. It got all the younger generations in our country stood up and protested for something they believed in.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I saw something funny on reddit that i can't find, but basically it said SOPA was a good thing.

It was likely posted by one of the people working for these corporations who wanted the bill, or a complete idiot who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Here is another video explaining ACTA.
Stop ACTA! ACTA explained - Animation (MIRROR)
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It was likely posted by one of the people working for these corporations who wanted the bill, or a complete idiot who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

He weren't seriously saying it was a good thing that these bills were being voted on, this was posted after the bills were dropped. The guy was just making a joke because it brought the internet together.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Want to take a guess which side Obama is on when it comes to taking our freedom away?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2ra0HwSbQ

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Want to take a guess which side Obama is on when it comes to taking our freedom away?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2ra0HwSbQ

all i can say is: money makes the world go round.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Hasn't it already passed? ACTA, that is. In USA, at least?

IncompetentSwine
IncompetentSwine
1 posts
Nomad

Oops, sorry. I meant to say ' I wash my hands with soap and wipe my butt with SOPA'. SOPA is so badly worded and so ambiguous about so many **** things that it is not worthy of even being debated in Congress and in the Senate.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Hasn't it already passed? ACTA, that is. In USA, at least?

ACTA is a treaty that has yet passed. In ways it's worse than SOPA and PIPA as it's an international treaty.
Showing 121-132 of 134