ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40522
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I personally think that pop is better with because it makes you want to dance more!

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

A. Rock
B. Pop
C. Neither
D. All of the above <--- THAT IS CORRECT

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

personally rock is far superior because the music has thought into it from all members of the group who will be credited in front of the audience, in pop music the singer and only the singer is ever credited; the musicians behind the music are barely ever credited, the amount under appreciation is phenomenal for these people.

Songs in rock have a meaning, an inspiration, there is a great deal of emotion and feeling to it, a lot of them tell a story, in pop there is very little of this, the lyrics are constantly recycled by every artist and I do not appreciate the sexual nature of a lot of them reaching the minds pre-pubescent children and morphing and nurturing their brain for adult themes at such an early age.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

rock is WAY better but heavy metal is even better than that

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Rock is much better than Pop and 44Flames it makes u dance? yeah ok it does that but is that the only thing u care about? Rock Musicians can actually SING!!!!!!!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

"Rock" is such a wide term in music. Realistically speaking, pop is just a sub-genre of Rock, so if you want to have a discussion about the merits of Pop then we really need to get down to what kind of Pop, and what aspects of Rock, we are talking about.

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Good suggestion MRWalker82 and i won't forget u calling me a moron!
LOL jokes.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Can't really compare for me, even if you take two specific genres, like Bubblegum Pop and Heavy Metal, since metal started of as a sub-genre of rock. I have the odd habit of switching between genres, too much Suicide Silence can cause me to listen to Taio Cruz, and vice versa. I can't have too much of one thing, so I consider myself both a metalhead, since metal is my favourite subgenre of rock, and a lover of pop.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

The aspects of rock we are talking about is what bands like nickleback, the police, journey and the polling stones. So the rock we are talking about is not hard rock or punk rock but more esay in the middle rock.

The aspects of pop we are talking about is what singers like Flo Rida, LMFAO, Rihanna and Lady gaga. So the pop we are talking is usually very electric and borrows elements from other styles like urban, dance, rock latin and country.ADELE would also fit into this category.

A tip if you would like to see more examples just go to Itunes and check what artists are in the rock category and what artists are in the pop category.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Don't you mean Rolling Stones?

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Oh ya sorry for that spelling mistake supposed to say rolling stones.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I thought pop referred to how a song is structured, simple and short with catchy hooks. So in that sense rock can be pop. If that is the case, I will say that I like mainstream dance pop over mainstream rock pop, because atleast it can make you dance (and I'm talking about music from this century )

btw, indie folk is my favorite genre

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Yes rock is like pop but rock uses more intruments and pop uses more computer and electronic sounds. Now that I have straightened out what is the diference between rock and pop you can keep on discuissing and voting which one is better.

OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

Pop is right on the fence for me. I like the dance techno like crap most of the time but if it turns into hip hop or rap? No way.

Rock however holds a special place in my heart. I love rock. All kinds, artists, I just love it.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am liking the comments you guys/girls are posting.

So far Rock is winning with 5 votes and Pop with 3 votes.
It can be a short vote if you want or a long vote.
Just no spam.

Showing 1-15 of 159