ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50776
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Some of my best memories involve video games. I remember begging my parents to stay up late and play Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. I remember when I bought Super Mario World, me and my bro got grounded because we fought over who got to play it first. Then when The N64 came out and Super Smash Bros. was released, I remember getting together with my friends to play it.
-
I also remember my imaginary rival: Mr. Nobody. He was my invisible nemesis. Whenever I misplaced/lost something, I blamed him for stealing it. So I dressed up in my toy secret agent gear and went on a search for my lost items. Ahhh..... The carefree days of being young.......

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I think I am still young...but anyway I agree with AfterBurner. I went to a sleepover at my friends house and we played Super Smash Bros Melee for 8 hours straight. It was so much fun. Sorta was sick of the game after that but I still play it from time to time.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

but anyway I agree with AfterBurner. I went to a sleepover at my friends house and we played Super Smash Bros Melee for 8 hours straight. It was so much fun. Sorta was sick of the game after that but I still play it from time to time.

Hahahaha... I'm gonna have to do that this summer for old time's sake. And I remember playing the ORIGINAL Super Smash Bros. It was awesome. I also remember having a ton of fun when gamecube came out playing Mario Kart Double Dash and Kirby Air Ride. Wow... I really want to have a video game party with my friends now...
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Lot's of good times when I was young, but I'll pick one..

We had a big group of friends over a couple of blocks and from time to time, all of us would play cops & robbers.. which just amounted to a big game of hide & seek + tag. was pretty cool. we had some people on bikes, others in trees. Just a good overall time.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I can honestly say I had a nice childhood with lots of good memories and also... several 'normal' bad memories, but that's considered part of life! So meh... =)

To pick a good memory... I always enjoy the 5 days of camping we had as a closure for the ground school we had in a special camping farm! Those moments were all still unspoiled and without worries, having fun around the camp fire, singing and acting in a showcase we arranged, having a huge game day with biking and all sorts of smaller games, participating in an explorer's quest with a prize for the fastest team... man... *dreams away* ...those were some good times! I will always cherish those memories! =)

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Lets see there was that one time when it snowed a great amount so my my brother and I made a giant igloo from shoveled snow from my driveway and a lot from my grass too. It took a really long time to get a giant of pile of snow, and even longer to carve it out. It was really big, I could almost stand up in it. Of course, that was when I was a bit smaller than I am now. We also made some snowbanks that were outside of the igloo that were pretty tall as well and a trail in between that lead into it. While we were finishing it up, a snowplow came. Just like every other little kids would do, we got some snowballs ready for the next time a snowplow came around.

When the next one came, we threw them at the plow and a lot of the snowballs actually hit it. Then it honked at us EXTREMELY loud, if you haven't heard a snowplow honk, whew it's something to hear. So we ran back into the igloo until it went away and whenever another plow came back we took cover in the igloo.

Good times...

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

it was the good times...good times. One of them is when we made a fort for fun out of snow, oviously it didnt work, but it was fun smashing it afterwards

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

And now for another question! What makes you feel empowered, powerful, or just plain awesome?

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

when killersup is outside at dusk/dark and his theme song playing in his head makes killersup feels soooo empowered

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

What makes me powerful?
When I have someone that I love more than life itself at my side and we're battling life's ups and downs together.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

What makes you feel empowered, powerful, or just plain awesome?

Heh heh heh. This is going to be a fun one to answer. It makes me feel powerful when I'm in the kitchen, I jump and stomp my feet on the ground really hard, then all the empty pots and pans on the stove start rattling. It's really fun and makes me feel like a boss. Yup... but don't judge me as weird because it's really fun, you should try it. Well actually, everyone is weird. So is there really a normal if everyone is weird? Ahhhh whatever, I'm just blabbering off-topic now... ... And now to answer the pointless CAPTCHA.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

walking down the street listning to "the devil went down to georgia" by the Charlie Daniels band.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one.. Maybe just anytime I get to use my brain/memory. Usually this relates to music somehow, just because I always have music running through my head. My job right now involves a lot of problem solving, so that makes it fun and a little tiny bit of a power trip as well..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

My powerful BRRRAAAIIINNZZZ! Look out... I will X-ray you on the spot! Hahaaa!
*runs around shouting and hits lamp post*

Right... now back to earth... ahm, what makes me powerful (I guess) is being friendly! Even in the face of death I will probably ask grimm how the weather is! LOL
I tend to have a positive vibe running 24-7 and when I don't... it won't last long! See me as a reincarnation of Stimpy! HehehegrlgrlhihiHEY! Gulp! =P

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5768/542398-stimpy_large.jpg

Listen to my personal Happy-Joy song and it will put a smile on your face! I don't think Ur happy anuf!! =)

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Sleep deprivation, caffeine and slight mental instability.

Oh, and bullets.

Showing 76-90 of 189