ForumsThe TavernQuestions you just can't answer

155 21941
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

Any questions you have that just can't be answered?

Like: What is the speed of darkness?

• 155 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Because that is physically impossible

Nothing's impossible, Charlie.

Can you crap standing up?

Yes. I've seen it. No more questions on this subject.

How do you know when you die?
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Value is non-existent, it is just a perception of the human mind.

Perception is reality.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Perception is part of human reality, that does not mean that human's reality is true.

Is this really reality?

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Imagine if I said a lie, my head exploded.
And I said:

I am lying

What would happen?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

What happens after I die?

What would a cat say if it was able to talk in a language we could understand?

Why are work video games so fun and addicting when real work sucks?

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Why are work video games so fun and addicting when real work sucks?

Probably 'cause they make it seem fun and add a game factor to it where as with really work you have to do it and it is no game

What would a cat say if it was able to talk in a language we could understand?

Mabe somthing like "Bow down to us you filfy humanoids and do our bidding. We are your overlords you must complet our every command. You exsit to serve and worship us." thats what my cat Plato whould say anyway XD

What happens after I die?

I have no idea and i fear none of us truly will. But i 'spoes what you believe depends on your religion and who you are.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

How fast is speed?

'Speed' in itself is a term to qualify how fast something goes, so that question makes no sense unless you ask for a specific speed. And then it is definitely answerable.

How do you know when you die?

Depending on the way you die, you realize you're dieing (for example if it's a slow, painful death (then it's probably obvious to you), or if you're old and feel it coming (I think no one really investigated how this works)). But when you're dead you cannot realize you're dead.

- What would have happened if the Celts would have completely destroyed Rome instead of leaving with a generous bribe and letting it grow to the Roman Empire?

- What if Ghenghis Khan died early in battle? (Particularly interesting since so many people descend from him).

- What if the library of Alexandria didn't burn down?

- You get the idea...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Reminds me of E.H.Carr who criticized counter-factual history as a ''arlour game'' played by the ''losers'' in history; still it's a nice indulgence.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

When my dad says "Am I that much of an idiot?"

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I know one ?
Why ,in space,you can see darkness but can't feel or tough any thing ? That means if you take out darkness what would you see or happen ?

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

Who came first the chicken or the egg?[quote]

The chicken, because the egg would otherwise not be incubated. According to most religions, animals came all at once, not eggs.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

"What did humans descend from"

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Everyone has their own beliefs on this... For example, some would say 'God' created the earth/humans/life/etc. (Even though there is no proof behind it). But I will take a stab at it.
I believe humans descended from ancestors of monkeys? So far, that is the closest science has come to discovering how humans were formed back then.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Why ,in space,you can see darkness but can't feel or tough any thing ? That means if you take out darkness what would you see or happen ?

Darkness is the absence of light -> the absence of any visual stimuli ergo you cannot 'see' darkness. You also cannot take away something that is not there.

The chicken, because the egg would otherwise not be incubated. According to most religions, animals came all at once, not eggs.

The egg was incubated by the non-chicken that laid it. See the first page for more reasoning. The egg or nothing

Hominids had a common ancestor with chimpanzees and bonobos. The early Homo (our ancestors among the hominids) also cross-mated to a certain degree with Neanderthals.

Q: What does it feel like to be strechted by a black hole?

Q: Is there a question that an omniscient entity couldn't answer?

Q: Is space infinite?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

1) i have to say, eevery time i see a show about it, im just felling so tiny in the universe. as a Narcissist, its driving me crazy!

2) yup. are you finishing that?

3) no. when you go to the far line, you get back in the oter side. did you never played doodle-jump or astroids??? dah...

Showing 31-45 of 155