ForumsThe TavernIs stubbing your toe on your bedpost the most painful thing ever?

73 14086
Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

You know when you get up in the middle of the night, all zombie like and then whack..perhaps it's just me.

• 73 Replies
andyflan_
andyflan_
1 posts
Nomad

Stepping on a plug or thumb tacs, has happened to me a few times

Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

Loving the replies, it just came to my mind because I had major surgery recently and that was less painful then stubbing my fricking toe. Groin injury definitely wins though, shuddering at the thought.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

it just came to my mind because I had major surgery recently and that was less painful then stubbing my fricking toe

Couldn't possibly be because of the anesthesia they give to you during surgery...or the fact that the "wound" which is created is already treated by the time you are out of it, and that you're then confined to rest so that you can't agitate it...
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Well, they say that a woman giving birth is the most painful thing ever, boy are they wrong...

I believe this will be useful for many of us out there men have it worse ladies

It's strange you boys think men have it worse when neither of you ever have nor ever will experience child birth, which would be the only situation to provide you with even the tiniest hint of a comparison to judge..
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ever stepped on a Lego? Guess not.

It's strange you boys think men have it worse

We serve in the army! Our blood defends the soil!
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

It's strange you boys think men have it worse when neither of you ever have nor ever will experience child birth, which would be the only situation to provide you with even the tiniest hint of a comparison to judge..

And you won't ever know how it feels to be kicked in the crotch, so how can you compare?

Women are biologically suited to giving birth. Men are not biologically suited to being kicked in the crotch.

Fun fact: In a psychology course we learned that the majority of the pain from childbirth is actually caused by the fear from hearing so much about it. In places where no such social fear is present there isn't much pain to childbirth unless something goes wrong.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

And you won't ever know how it feels to be kicked in the crotch, so how can you compare?
I think you'll find I made a statement regarding the rights to compare, rather than adding my own two cents.

Though, if you would like me to make a comparison then I shall.
From what I've heard from men, getting kicked in the crotch evokes that intense, crippling pain that one hopes they'll never have to endure again for as long as they live, however that pain lasts, what, 30 minutes max?
From what I've heard from women, child birth evokes waves of 'lesser' pain that feels torturous and unending only because it lasts such a long time. Also, along with the pain, the feelings and emotions women go through in that last 10-20 hours during labour are extremely uncomfortable and/or distressing.

How can it be fair to make a comparison between two completely different types of pain?
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I think you'll find I made a statement regarding the rights to compare, rather than adding my own two cents.

From what I've heard from men, getting kicked in the crotch evokes that intense, crippling pain that one hopes they'll never have to endure again for as long as they live, however that pain lasts, what, 30 minutes max?
From what I've heard from women, child birth evokes waves of 'lesser' pain that feels torturous and unending only because it lasts such a long time. Also, along with the pain, the feelings and emotions women go through in that last 10-20 hours during labour are extremely uncomfortable and/or distressing.

How can it be fair to make a comparison between two completely different types of pain?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Sorry, misread "which would be the only situation to provide you with even the tiniest hint of a comparison to judge.." as the situation being kicked in the crotch would be the "tiniest hint."

I never proposed a comparison. Although "most painful" would refer to the most intense I would think, not which is worse to go through.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Well try a closet. Made of iron. It was painful. I sold the closet.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Excuse me love I think you will find no matter how good modern medicine will ever get, getting punched in the testis will always be near fatal (fatal for some unfortunate guys out there) and nothing can prevent that but surviving the birthing process has tremendously increased in the last 5 decades or so.
Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

Just like to mention this post was tongue in cheek, I do realise there are more painful things then 'stubbing your toe'. For example as someone said earlier 'standing on a piece of lego'..hate that.

As for the age old childbirth versus kick in crotch debate. I have no idea. I do imagine however that it isn't pleasant pushing something the size of a watermelon out of you, not to mention the months of morning sickness. Much respect to anyone who's ever given birth and also to any man who's remained on their feet after a kick in the plums.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

who's remained on their feet after a kick in the plums.

Twice.

From what I've heard from women, child birth evokes waves of 'lesser' pain that feels torturous and unending only because it lasts such a long time. Also, along with the pain, the feelings and emotions women go through in that last 10-20 hours during labour are extremely uncomfortable and/or distressing

*thumbs up* Cool story, bro.

List of most painful things....

1. Having your abdomen and below seperate from your torso and above.
2. Waterboarding.
3. compound fracture of your thigh bone.
4-7. Several different types of rae.
8. Groinage
9. cuncussive rupture of the spleen.
10. childbirth.

Prove me wrong.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

no, STICHES R THE WORST

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

Ok i heard that childbirth is the second most painful thing, second only to a kidney stone. oooh, how about getting shot? or tazed. i heard getting tazered hurts more than getting shot, although i guess that would depend on where you got shot.... (for the boys....ouch)

List of most painful things....
2. Waterboarding

ummmm... waterboarding doesnt hurt, it just makes you feel like your drowning.

no, STICHES R THE WORST

seriously? stitches? Dude, if stitches are the most painful thing that has ever happened to you, you seriously havent experienced much pain in your life! Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 100 things that hurt more than stitches, and that is just the tip of the iceberg!
Showing 16-30 of 73