ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUseful Links

9 5543
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

I have noticed that most of the topics on here are in the wrong section, or are examples of just one persons art. I thought I would post some useful links to make your browsing of this forum somewhat easier, and so there are some places were anyone can post there art so it's more of a combined collection.

MS Paint Pictures
Original Lyrics and Poetry
Alternatives to using Photoshop
Anthro
Tips for Drawing Legs
Music by ubertuna Ok, not that useful, but a lot of his music is really neat!
Screenshot Art
Anime
Miscellaneous Pictures

Some of these are old, but I thought it might make the browsing of this section easier, Thanks!
~Jwalshjr~

• 9 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Great job indeed! Might i suggest another program for those of us who hate using MS paint! Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

System Requirements

Minimum System

* Windows XP (SP2 or later),
or Windows Vista,
or Windows Server 2003 (SP1 or later),
or Windows Server 2008
* .NET Framework 2.0
* 500 MHz processor (Recommended: 800 MHz or faster)
* 256 MB of RAM (Recommended: 512 MB or more)
* 1024 x 768 screen resolution
* 200+ MB hard drive space
* 64-bit support requires a 64-bit CPU that is running a 64-bit version of Windows, and an additional 128 MB of RAM

Please note that Paint.NET uses your hard drive to store temporary files related to undo/redo. Because of this, actual disk space requirements will depend on the type of actions you perform on an image, and on the size of the image.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

http://www.dotpdn.com
http://www.download.com/Paint-NET
http://fileforum.betanews.com

-Arax 0_X

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I personaly beleive that the only threads worthy of links would be:
*Original Lyrics and Poetry (I am not even too sure about this one)
*Alternatives to Using Photoshop (should be remade and made into a sticky in my opinion)
---------------------------------------------------------
*MS Paint Pictures is a great thread but not link worthy.
*Anthro leads to a thread that I am guessing was deleted
*Tips for drawing legs is helpful, but in the long run you will need links for tips on how to draw other stuff too. (I do have an idea though about tips in teh Art catagory)
*Music by Ubertuna is pretty good. his music is good, but deserves no more specail attention than anyone else who submits music.
*Screenshot Art is just another form of art, its a great thread but it putes this limit on what you can submit on your own and what you would have to submit under that thread. If I take a screenshot, I personally would pute it in that thread but I would not want to be forced too.
*Miscellaneous Pictures should not be linked
*Anime is aloud in here, but we dont need to force everyone to pute there anime in one section.

It just does not work making links to, lets say, an anime thread and making everyone post their anime in that section if they dont want too. Its nice to see different anime styles in one section but some artists prefer making new posts for their own anime so that people dont have to go to the 10th page of a thread to see their art. As long as the person does not make a new thread for each individual work of art, I think it would be ok for them to make a new thread for their own art (making a new thread every couple of days is acceptable, as long as you do not flood the Art & Music section).

Even if the links are not meant to force people into posting in that section, it is not right to promote one thread over another thread unless it has a significant amount of importance over it.

I personally think that the forums should be split into sub catagories, under the Art and Music section we could have:
*Music-post your music here
*Music tips-post tips on playing music here
*Art-post your art here
*Art Programs-talk about different programs liek MS Paint here and how to work them.
*Art tips-Post tips on how to draw.
and so on...

Of course that was just an example. Everything I said is only my opinion though.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

I wasn't looking to totally redo the thread, and if someone doesn't want to post it in there, then that is fine, I was just tring to put links that may help people sort through all of the locked topics better, and it was hard to find many useful links with half of all of these topics locked.

Also, sections seems like a fine idea, but I think it would be too hard to redo the entire section.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

The link to "Anthro" as shown here was broken. Most of the stuff there was mine anyway (and a member by the name of Traconian).

The subdivision just might be useful in that it gives a clearer indication of what is expected in this subforum. If a critique and tutorial section were to be founded you can expect me to be particularly active in there!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Hey, ya, I don't know why the Anthro link didn't work, but anyways, here it is again, hopefully functional.

Anthro or if it still didn't work
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/671015/anthro-anime-stuffage

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Nevermind, thats why it doesn't work, it blocks part of the final word out in the link, so that must be why, oh well, if you want it to work just copy the bottom link and put in an f in the beginning, a g at the end, and an a in the middle. (This is talking about the three stars, so put them like that in there)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh! Hahahahaha, I know why it was censored.

Whoever thought a cigarette could be so offensive! :P

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Sweet, it got stickied.

I've got visions for a more involved, integrated artistic community, so here's a trading post. Would like to see this become a permanent fixture of the forum.

Also Skull, I will totally come back to the MS Paint thread!

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Uhh that ms paint thread was more of a 'my' ms paint thing (not to sound selfish however), but we created this page for everyone to post random ms paint things.

BTW that anime page has only the original posters post in it, so it wouldn't really be considered useful...

Showing 1-9 of 9