ForumsThe TavernChess

69 11089
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Are there any other chess players here on AG? If so, how long have you been playing and how good would you say you are now?
Discuss everything chess-related. Even the little Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies if you like.

• 69 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Seeing their facial expressions can make it easier. Same with poker.

Exactly! And you can make facial expressions to intimidate them... even if they portray completely false thoughts or emotions!
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I'm a chess player when I have an opponent. I used to play against myself, but then I stopped because I lost every round I won when I didn't stalemate myself.

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i play but im not that good

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I am no good at it, but I like a good game now and then. I also find it fun to watch amateurs play it that have no clue of any strategies. And see how many times one player could have won but didn't see it, etc.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I used to play chess but I don't play too often anymore. There aren't many people in my school who play chess but out of those who did play I wasn't too bad. I really like the strategy involved in chess and I like to play chess titans on my computer. This thread actually makes me want to play chess again...

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

This thread actually makes me want to play chess again...

What Armor Games needs is some kind of online chess game. Unfortunately we will have to wait until a developer is willing to make such a game.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I don't get why chess players are poster boys for queer nerds...

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Just had I say this but yeah today I played chess on a giant board with giant pieces like a boss.

Although my opponent wasn't too good,

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Chess and I were terrible from the start.
Couldn't win against anyone. I never really enjoyed it anyway, so as long as the Soviet Union doesn't rise up, I'll be fine.

Honestly, I think the Peppridge Farm cookies are a bit dry.
Just my opinion.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

What Armor Games needs is some kind of online chess game. Unfortunately we will have to wait until a developer is willing to make such a game.

It's unlikely that it will happen at all, but with the newly added MMO section, you never know.

I played chess on a giant board with giant pieces like a boss.

I've done that a couple times. It's fun to capture pieces and knock them onto the ground as though you've just killed an enemy soldier or something.
ViceGhost
ViceGhost
30 posts
Nomad

I'm not good at planning more than one or two moves in advance so I never beat anyone who isn't a rookie unless they make a stupid move. I'm really only okay at speed chess.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What Armor Games needs is some kind of online chess game.

I'd definitely be playing that everyday.
I played chess on a giant board with giant pieces like a boss.

I played on a life sized board once. It was incredibly fun.
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

Chess...is...hard...for rookies, like me! I wonder how people are able to respond to moves just like that without needing to think much...genius

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Chess...is...hard...for rookies, like me! I wonder how people are able to respond to moves just like that without needing to think much...genius

Of course it's hard for rookies. That's why you need to practice if you want to get better. Few people are born great chess players.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I've done that a couple times. It's fun to capture pieces and knock them onto the ground as though you've just killed an enemy soldier or something.

Yes, one of the players I saw threw one he captured and it hit something...

Also someone else I was watch or playing against I don't remember was very frustrated (he didn't really know how to play) so he knocked down all of the pieces but life size! Kind of like a punching bag, although they all toppled over.
Showing 31-45 of 69