ForumsThe TavernChess

69 11088
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Are there any other chess players here on AG? If so, how long have you been playing and how good would you say you are now?
Discuss everything chess-related. Even the little Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies if you like.

• 69 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I found a way to win in 4 moves (at least against beginners most of the time):

1. Move the pawn in front of the king forward.

2. Right side bishop to C4.

3. Queen to F3 or H5

4. Queen or bishop to F7

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

4. Queen or bishop to F7

Won't that make you right next to the King assuming you just hit the pawn there? Then can't the King just hit you? Or did I mess up with a step?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Then can't the King just hit you?

If you move the queen to F7, the bishop on C4 is protecting it so the king cannot capture it.

I've used that strategy before on many different opponents, but it's very easy to defend against and it only works if your opponent refrains from moving certain pieces.

Personally I'm quite partial to the Wayward Queen Attack.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I want a Chess game here in AG. That would be nice to have.

Dule1337
Dule1337
1 posts
Nomad

My dad was a champion chess player and taught me the game when i was 5 years old.
I would say im a OK player, been on some tournaments,played with friends and strager.
You win some you lose some
I love chess, best strategy game on the planet.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i have been playing chess for maby 4 years now? i have probably played well over 100 matches. i'd say im pretty good at chess by now. the proof is that there is only 2 people i have met that beat me.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I want a Chess game here in AG. That would be nice to have.

Obviously there just isn't a great enough demand for an AG chess game, or else one would have been released by now.

You'll have to talk to a developer.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

to be honest, i would play an online chess game, given that you could gain XP and level up when you win, to unlock cool boards and pieces and stuff.

isn't that a good idea?

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

4. Queen or bishop to F7

No. A begginer would just move his middle pawn forward in his first move, it is THE first move a begginer usually learns to make. This movement forward with the pawn gives the king movement space, removing the ability for the BISHOP to checkmate. It must be the queen.
Showing 61-69 of 69