ForumsThe TavernChess

69 11092
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Are there any other chess players here on AG? If so, how long have you been playing and how good would you say you are now?
Discuss everything chess-related. Even the little Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies if you like.

• 69 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i enjoy chess, although i often lose, i am considering joining the school chess club so i can get better.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

I like chess and I am OK at it.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

does anyone else use the 4-5 move checkmates?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

does anyone else use the 4-5 move checkmates?

I try to sometimes, but my Jedi mind powers aren't strong enough yet to make my opponents move where I want them to... =)
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I hate the timer. It pressures me. I won't play online chess, I rather have that face to face contact and also most people on online chess sites/games are really experienced, or rage quit too early on in the game.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Chess is one of my favourite games it never gets boring, every game is different & its one of those timeless games been around for so long and just as popular now as when it was first invented

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i play chess, and i got a few trophy's

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

I love chess but no one plays with me anymore because i am so good at it.

wermaht33
wermaht33
23 posts
Shepherd

well i guess you should try me! i've got 1650 ELO and am bored as a chess player could ever be...

wermaht33
wermaht33
23 posts
Shepherd

bored with no one to play with if ur interested...

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

i started playing chess when i was 5 years old and i am the master at it i have dozens of trophies and medals and i even won the state tournament with a gold medal! i havent played it in a while but i am still amazing

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Rather curious now, instead of everyone saying they like chess and what-not, what is everyone's strategy for the game?
I have no strategy, I stick to keeping my opponent wide-eyed and as bushy-tailed as possible. (I like to do random things to keep my opponents on their toes).

i started playing chess when i was 5 years old and i am the master at it i have dozens of trophies and medals and i even won the state tournament with a gold medal! i havent played it in a while but i am still amazing

My cousin is the 2nd best chess player in Denmark at the age of...I think he's 14 now. When he was 12-13 he was the 2nd best.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

bored with no one to play with if ur interested...

Oh sure, let me just pull out my chess set...

Oh, that's right. We're on the internet. Almost slipped my mind.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

A great game of Chess. I sure miss Chess.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Oh sure, let me just pull out my chess set...
Oh, that's right. We're on the internet. Almost slipped my mind.

A great game of Chess. I sure miss Chess.

There are a numerous of websites that have "Speed" or regular chess and they are really popular. Thousands of people play on them from once again...numerous countries.
Showing 46-60 of 69