Nomad

Why?*

*I'm not gay myself.

• 85 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Are there people who believe Darwin did not exist?

I have no idea.

If the first two people to exist were the only two people to exist, we would all be inbred to the point of being ugly piles of useless flesh. So I don't see your logic there.

I think you misunderstood. Read again.

Ah. Much better?

Correct.

Really? I thought you where making it up as you go along.

I just love sarcasm.

o infertile people should not be able to merry or have sex?

If we assume they are good people, why would they want to? Pleasure? Money? Two vices.

And why is that?

Because it's a better place!

Or are infertile people somehow different then gay people?

I'd rather be infertile than 'racticing' gay.

Distorted? Your religion is what ruined it in the first place.

Religion is the only great thing that came to this planet.

Why? Should you not be able to merry if your not going to have children?

Mhmm.

Nope, just a horrible philosophy.

You should be a comedian. You're killing me.

By the way, we (or I) are talking about religious marriage. Legal marriage is not, in my opinion, more than an earthly union.

I'm not sure you actually read what he said.

Ok.

Yes it is natural. And to make something correct, you would have to define what is correct. So who are you to deem what is correct in the natural kingdom?

So you are the only one capable of 'deeming' what is correct? I envy you.

I think I shall deem Oxygen as an unacceptable and unnatural occurrence.

Good thing it isn't.

Or anything made by "God"

you mean 'by God'

. So therefore, all of humanity must kill themselves/have their rights stamped on like a piece of trash because of this.

All hail Brainz, the new all-powerful judge of the universe!

If you are to rule everything made by "God" natural, than so is Homosexuality.

God didn't create homosexuality, because this is a sin, and God did not create sin.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

You're right the word "married" would be a prefix to this, changing it to Married Gay Couple

My bad.

. But let us not stop there, if we are to be creating a perfect world, wouldn't there be no hate? Which would lead to the point of: Why don't we get rid of people like you? What's to stop us?

Yes, there would be no hate! But there would also be no homosexuality, so just scribble out the last two questions.

As long as we use religion as a reason nobody can stop us, because that's what free speech and religious rights are about.

Religion is not a tool.

To oppress others because we interpreted a 2,000 year old book in a way that suits our goals.

Have you ever been christian? Do you know much about this faith?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Even if you believe in Darwin you'd know that same sex marriage/intercourse is not naturally correct. Or religiously. Or in most matters. On the other hand, all people are made equal so interracial marriage should've always been open to all since the beginning.

I would guess you mean Darwinian evolution.
Any rate 1,500+ observed species expressing homosexual tendencies would indicate that it is natural. Even if we were to accept the claim that it's not natural this still doesn't do a thing to indicate that it's wrong.
If you do think unnatural things are wrong then I suggest you get off the internet.

If the two first people to exist were gay, we wouldn't be here because no kid can be born out of two men/women.

Good thing the human population couldn't have been no less than 10,000. The genetic diversity of the human species wouldn't allow for a population under this number. With this we get estimate that the human population bottlenecked to around 15,000 at one point. This would allow for some 5,000 people to not have children. In this way the population could allow a percentage to be gay and still result in a viable future generation.

Sorry my error. Marriage is meant to create life in a proper and righteous way. Or at least considerably better than getting someone in bed.

Being married doesn't make having kids righteous. A couple could have a kid without being married and raise that child perfectly fine.
In the case of gay couples they could simply adopt, use a surrogate mother or in the case of a lesbian couple go to a sperm bank to become fertilized.

And don't give me this it's not natural bull crap.

I didn't mean it literally. I was referring to the fact that man and woman go together to form life.

As noted above there are other option available. Also I suspect you are just back tracking at this point.

Correct. Because in a better place, there will be no such thing as a gay couple.

And why is that?

That's not a reason why not having homosexuals would be better. It would seem by this answer you are discounting a good reason for having homosexual marriages.

Acknowledging a bond? You are right, Acknowledging a bond and later, when time is appropriate, the marvelous gift that is bringing children to this world. How sad that the pleasure of intercourse was distorted to fit the needs of evil minds.

Some people don't want to have kids deal with it. Some people can't have kids but still want this bond, deal with it. Being married isn't about having kids. Being married doesn't make having kids righteous or even make it a better option to have children.

It would you are now calling homosexuals evil, would you care to justify this?

If one knows he is sterile, then he doesn't marry. However, if he marries without that knowledge, and it is found out later, then it is ok.

Mhmm.

Again not an answer.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well my friend says this"Their is a tree it has leaves and fruit, the fruit is starting to increase and soon will come the harvest"(not sure if this is how he said it but it's close)
My guess is that the leaves are people that are *Straight* and the fruits are the *Gays* the harvest would be up to you to decide.
~Credit to my friend

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If marriage was to create a sacred, divine bond between a man and a woman, then it's an institution that is utterly broken and spoilt. Look at the divorce rates these days, the unhappy marriages, and the drunk men in bars complaining, and then tell us that marriage is all candy bars and honey...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Even if you believe in Darwin you'd know that same sex marriage/intercourse is not naturally correct. Or religiously. Or in most matters. On the other hand, all people are made equal so interracial marriage should've always been open to all since the beginning.

your point? i dont use someone elses made up logic. i use my own. can you explain why its wrong with your own logic?

If the two first people to exist were gay, we wouldn't be here because no kid can be born out of two men/women.

did you even read what i said? a gay guy can have sex with a woman and have a child. he is still gay though.

I'm not ignoring their existence. I disagree with their existence.

and thats smart because? your calling for their anihilation? even if 100% of the world would agree with that its impossible.

I'm not changing the aspects of marriage, I am merely outlining its basic principles.

no, your outlining its basic principles according to what you believe in because its different in every culture.

Sorry my error. Marriage is meant to create life in a proper and righteous way. Or at least considerably better than getting someone in bed.

so you find sex before marriage immoral? you think that physical pleasure is bad. how lovely for you. that also means you are against any couples who arent married and not just gay right?

Correct. Because in a better place, there will be no such thing as a gay couple.

thats your opinion. in my opinion, in a better place people will get over the fact that some people are different.

Acknowledging a bond? You are right, Acknowledging a bond and later, when time is appropriate, the marvelous gift that is bringing children to this world. How sad that the pleasure of intercourse was distorted to fit the needs of evil minds.

you do realise that marriage, sex before marriage and all things that are connected to that existed way before what marriage means now in any culture today right?

God didn't create homosexuality, because this is a sin, and God did not create sin.

lol so they dont exist? again your denying their existance. homosexuals are born that way. god throws them to hell. in other words god throws people to hell beacuse of something that they can not control. who creates them? its really sad you think ones sexual need is more important then who the person is.

bottom line, you have no mind of your own. you just follow a book because that is what you were told when you were little. actually, even if youd get proof that your book actually isnt saying that you would still think the same thing because of what you are used to. its sad you cant think with an open mind or even explain WHY you think homosexuality is bad.
FlashM2
FlashM2
2 posts
Scribe

There is a big difference between hating gays and opposing gay marriage. I oppose it but have nothing against gay people at all.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

There is a big difference between hating gays and opposing gay marriage. I oppose it but have nothing against gay people at all.

Fair enough, but why do you oppose gay marriage?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I have no idea.

I will have to assume you are talking about this topic in general, as that would explain so much.

I think you misunderstood. Read again.

You said "If the first two people where gay, then we wouldn't be here". If there was only two people, then we would be inbred. Duh?

Correct.

It was sarcasm. If anything it is worse.

If we assume they are good people, why would they want to? Pleasure? Money? Two vices.

Pleasure? Social acceptance? Maybe they want to adopt? Because they love each other? Because there is no reason not to?

Oh look. The moron does not know what better means.

Witch place is better, America, where most people can afford to eat, or South Africa, where many people can't. Most people would say America is better, but of course we do not exhibit the foolish traits you want.

I'd rather be infertile than 'racticing' gay.

And why is that?

Religion is the only great thing that came to this planet.

What makes you say this? I always thought it was agreed universally that it was the worst.

Mhmm.

Why?

You should be a comedian. You're killing me.

You should be a laxative, because you got to be...

By the way, we (or I) are talking about religious marriage. Legal marriage is not, in my opinion, more than an earthly union.

What do you want the law to say on gay marriage?
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Wajor pulls out her ever-ready whistle and calls for a time out!
If this thread is to continue to be open then, can we please return to the original question,
"Why do people hate gays and oppose gay marriage?"

We would need another thread to discuss why do you think gay marriage should be legal religiously?.

Please, let us not make every thread in the WEPR (or, WERP as I like to call it because it's one letter short from TWERP.) a religious debate. There are fine examples of these and many of which I have voiced my opinion on just look in the archives for comments prior to the year 2011. I have voiced my opinion on just about every religious aspect of the human existence to the point of satisfaction that I had represented my God in the best possible way I can and then graciously stopped commenting.

I realize that some of you commenting here are younger than my son and have yet to fully explore the bond of true love. Marriage is an open promise to the world of the commitment two people have privately expressed to each other. They have decided to announce to the world that they promise to... This is a ceremony. Religion only holds sway when the couple is equally yoked, religiously. This has nothing to do with skin color or sexual preference.

The concept of religious marriage is a separate issue and deserves its own thread. Before you make a new one check the archives first to see if one exists first that can still be 'bumped'.

Windycity
Windycity
25 posts
Nomad

All hatred to the homosexual lifestyle hearkens back to religion. It's that simple. The Bible said gay marriage isn't okay, so people don't think it's okay.

Mind you, this is coming from a Christian who doesn't heed every word of the Bible as law, and supports gay marriage.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

My opinion is at a standstill of sorts.

I am a form of christianity, Mormon or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and as we all know the Bible condemns homosexual acts of any kind, and homosexual marriage, saying that marriage is between one man and one woman.

However, Jesus always says love everybody, and we want everybody to have their own happiness....so I come to a barrier of sorts.

I kinda think homosexual relations are wrong, but if we're taught to love and care for everybody, why do we persecute them so? Why don't we just leave them alone?

I feel like my opinion is I don't think homosexual relations are okay...but if they're happy, I'm happy. I'm not going to go persecute them. I mean, I have some pretty cool homosexual girl and guy friends.

...let the trolling commence.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I feel like my opinion is I don't think homosexual relations are okay...but if they're happy, I'm happy. I'm not going to go persecute them. I mean, I have some pretty cool homosexual girl and guy friends.

well then ok. but why do you think homosexuality is wrong? killing/raping someone can make a person happy too but im sure you wouldnt be happy if they were happy right? im really trying to find at least ONE christian who thinks homosexuality is wrong and give me a valid reason. besides, the statement that condemns homosexuality is (and im saying this for the milionth time) in the same page that condemns bacon and cutting your hair.

why ignore all the rules except this one?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

That's just it.

....I don't know.

Let's see.....the closest reason I can come to having a valid reason I guess would have to be with creating life.

The reason we have sex is further propagate our species, correct? If we didn't have it, the human race would have perished or never even existed. Heck, most life wouldn't exist except for those funky little asexual creatures who bud and such.

Now if we look at homosexual relations, you can't create life homosexually. Now obviously you can adopt and such, but what if that option didn't exist? No kids, no new members of our species.

But then there's always the counter argument "There are still tons of heteros, etc", and I know.

I don't like debating when this ^ pithy little argument is all I can come up with, which is why I'm not totally sure of where I stand.

Just because you don't have a good argument for your reason doesn't mean it's wrong, but it also doesn't mean you have the right to go raging a personal jihad against everybody with nothing but "BECAUSE!" in your arsenal.

So I apologize for my lack of data, reasons, etc.

....I hate this topic. >.<

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The reason we have sex is further propagate our species, correct? If we didn't have it, the human race would have perished or never even existed. Heck, most life wouldn't exist except for those funky little asexual creatures who bud and such.

No....we have sex because we revel in it, we drink up the lustful wine that is love-making, we do it because we are sensual pleasure seeking creatures. That's the foremost reason for us having sex. Not to have kids. Good lord, why do you think contraceptives sell so well?
Showing 31-45 of 85