ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 24962
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I forgot to mention:
Hunger will decrease blood by 10 points each post.
Thirst will decrease blood by 10 points each post.
Infection will decrease blood by 3 points each post.
Colds will also decrease blood by 3 points each post.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Name: Lucas Gustavo
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

Okay, I'd like to play. I used a random name generator.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day: 1 (Lets see how long you can survive)
---------
---------
Inventory(3/12): 2 Makarov mags/bandage/morphine/painkillers/flashlight
Weapon: Makarov 9/2 (The 9 represents amount of bullets in the clip, and the 2 represents the amount of mags)
---------
Lucas's Story: (This will develop as time goes on, depending on what actions you take and what you decide to do)

Okay, I'd like to play. I used a random name generator.

Since you are the first player to join, I'm giving you extra starting gear You have a flashlight, a bandage (for stopping bleeding), painkillers, morphine, and a Makarov Pistol with 3 mags. I was planning on everyone else to just start with a flashlight and painkillers. Also, in the parenthesis beside the inventory, it shows that you have 3 spaces remaining out of 12. You can drop things, or use them to get more space for stuff. Finding a bag would be much more suitable.

So here is where your story begins.
You spawn on an island, with nothing in sight but a slight hill in front of you. To your left is nothing but more land, except that you can see a very distant object high in the sky, looks like it could be a smoke stack, which means there may be a factory nearby. You look right, but can see nothing but a slight hill. Behind you is the ocean... you are standing on the coast right now. You hear nothing but the wind right now.

What will you do/where will you go?
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

Name:rebecca
---------

Inventory nothing
Weapon: none
---------

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I played DayZ before, but quit when like 3 people came and killed me and took the random stuff I found.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Day: 1
---------
---------
Weapon: Makarov 9/2
---------
Lucas's Story:

Question: What will happen if I die? Can I make a new character?

Anyways, I travel towards the hill but very slowly/cautiously. I also try to lay low and try not to attract attention.

ericthai1
ericthai1
1,030 posts
Nomad

Name:Adrian
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing
Mec's Story:

Alright let's kill some zombies, and some people too whole I'm at it. ;D

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

@Bluydee / I've been playing for a while now. It is sad that the community usually shoots on sights, then asks questions later. The Arma 2 community is complaining about it a lot that a lot of newbies got the game just to play DayZ, and since then, a lot of people have been player killing and what-not... but it does add tension to the game and make it more realistic nonetheless. As to how you were killed... being stealthy, and most of all, having PATIENCE, is the key to your survival in DayZ.

Name:Rebecca
---------
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
Weapon: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Rebecca's Story: (This will fill itself out based on what actions you take during your adventure)

I forgot to mention, it is day time. If you had a watch, you would know exactly what time it was.

You spawn on the coast, and you can hear a faint sound of flies. Behind you is the vast ocean. Straight ahead, you can only see a slightly elevated hill. To your right, you see a railroad track that leads to a nearby city, probably. You turn your head to the left, and you can see nothing but another slightly elevated hill. You can hear something growling in the distance... sounds like its directly ahead.

What will you do?
===================================================\\
---------
---------
Weapon: Makarov 9;2
---------
Lucas's Story:

Question: What will happen if I die? Can I make a new character?
Yes.

I forgot to mention, it is day time. If you had a watch, you could know exactly what time it is.

Anyways, I travel towards the hill but very slowly/cautiously. I also try to lay low and try not to attract attention.
You hit the dirt, and crawl forward. After ascending the very small hill, you see railroad tracks and a two-lane road ahead. Further ahead, you see many trees that are connected to a rising hill. To the right, you see the road leading there, along with the railroad tracks. To the left, you can see an open field. You can still see the smoke stack in the distance, but its difficult to see because of the grass; you can only see the very top of the smoke stack. As of now, you don't hear any gun shots, and growling of any kind thankfully.

What will you do?
============================
---------
---------
---------
Adrian's Story: (this will fill itself out as you progress with your character)

Forgot to mention, it is day time. If you had a watch, you could tell exactly what time it was.

You spawn, and the first thing you hear is the ocean waves crashing onto the beach on which you stand. You look behind you, and you can see another island, but its disconnected from the continent that you are currently on. You look left, and you can see nothing but flat land, and railroad tracks that lead there... could be leading to a city. Just past the railroad tracks, you can see a two-lane road. As you look forward, you see the same thing, but beyond the tracks and the road, you see a rising hill with trees on it. The hill is steep, but looks climbable. You look to your right, and you can see small town. You can see a blue rectangular sign on the side of the road that has a white text on it, and it looks as if there is a wood plank attached below the sign. Maybe you can identify your location if you investigate. As you look into the town, you can see zombies stumbling around. You take the time to count the buildings while your safe. You counted seven buildings from what you can see, some of which are small shacks, and others, large industrial-type buildings. What are you going to do now?
=================================================
Name: Mec
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story: (as you progress, this will be filled out by itself)

Alright let's kill some zombies, and some people too whole I'm at it. ;D
Seems as if you want to be a bean bandit. lol

You spawn, and you can hear the sound of the ocean waves crackling behind you. The sun is very bright, and its already high in the sky. You look behind you, and you see nothing but the ocean. You look left, and you can see a road that is fairly close to you. There is also a few buildings that may have useful loot. You then look forward, and you can see a bridge that extends over a pond of water that is connected to the ocean. Further ahead, you can see railroad tracks and a steep hill with trees on it. You look right, and you can see a simple gas station.

What will you do?
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Lucas's Story:

Head for the trees, still laying low.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
Lucas's Story:

Head for the trees, still laying low.

You crouch, then run to the trees while crouching (You're crouch running). Before reaching the trees, you can't help but notice the barracks to your left. Its a sort of military camp here... the perimeter is surrounded by barbed wire and sandbags, and inside are military tents, and on each corner of the camp, there are deer stands. Seems like there would be a weapon of some sort in the barracks... or at least something medical. You don't see any signs of zombies yet... which is fairly strange. You decide to keep moving, then you reach the tree line. Further ahead, you can see an airstrip. There are a few destroyed vehicle on the airstrip. To the upper right, you can see two warehouses far in the distance. To the right is nothing but an open field. What will you do now?
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Lucas's Story:

Question: How often will the story be updated?

I head towards one of the warehouses.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
Lucas's Story:

Question: How often will the story be updated?
If you mean Lucas's Story... it will be updated after every time you do something worth remembering. If you mean by how often I update posts, then its usually whenever everyone who is playing posts, so I don't leave someone behind, but in this case, I'm doing it whenever.

I head towards one of the warehouses.

You make your way to the warehouses, but this time, you discover another thing. You look left again, above where the barracks were, and you find two hangers and an air control tower on the other end of the airstrip. You also see a bunch of zombies walking around in the middle of the air strip. They are all wearing military clothing. You reach the warehouses. There are four zombies in sight right now... there is a way to go around the warehouses, but there are no back doors into them. If you want to get in, you can sprint into one, or circle around and try to sneak into the other warehouse. (I forgot to mention that the warehouses are adjacent to each other)

What to do?
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Lucas's Story:

I'll try sneaking into the other one.

ericthai1
ericthai1
1,030 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Adrian's Story: (this will fill itself out as you progress with your character

I go into a small shack quietly as I can.

Showing 1-15 of 167