ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 25026
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

looks like this could be fun
Could be fun? It IS fun! But unfortunately, if there are any players that take forever to post, then everyone else will suffer and have to be patient, because the game is multiplayer, and every ones actions co-exist with one another's.
ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

This is going to be a long wait a very very long wait

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

If Mopar doesn't respond tomorrow morning, then we will continue without him and if any player was about to find him, then his character will just change to a NPC character. Sorry for the wait.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
Blood: 11,016
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 94%
Hunger: 97%
Status Effects: None
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Cythraul's Story:

You advance towards the building, but zombies are closing in on you as you advance, almost as if they can sense you. You creep closer and closer to the building. It looks like a factory. Suddenly, a zombie growls behind you. You look back, and its slowly stumbling towards you with an even weirder look on its face than before. You crawl forward, but then the zombie breaks into a sprint. After it hits you four times, you run towards the factory, getting more and more zombies on your tail. You reach the factory finally. There are two large blue double doors, and a small white door at the end of the corner. After getting slightly tired from running, you head towards the white door. You reach it and fling it wide open, but then you notice barbed wire sitting in the way of the door. Behind it, you see a survivor. He turns around after hearing the commotion.

What will you do now?
===============================================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 92%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You break the windows glass, and you back up so the man can crawl out. You stay ready, in case any zombies heard the noise, and surely enough, they did. You notice that the man is unarmed, so this won't be an easy job. You can see three sprinting towards you from a hilltop, and the zombies that were banging at the door just broke through it. The survivor curses under his breathe as he stays close to you. He picks up a rock the size of a hand, and wields it like a weapon.

What will you do?
============================================
Name: Jon Vexin
---------
Thirst: 84%
Hunger: 91%
Status Effects: In Shock
---------
---------
Coyote Patrol Pack(1/8):Road Flares(10);3 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov
--------
Jon's Story:

As you wait, you see more zombies rushing to the location of the shots, but you hear no more shooting. Then you begin to think to yourself... Was he killed by zombies? Is he alone? Where is he? Can the zombies even get to him? Why would he shoot at me in the first place?

What do you want to do?
=========================================================
Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 88%
Hunger: 79%
---------
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
Primary: Hatchet
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 2:37 PM
Mec's Story:

You come to a large opening... the door to this place is missing. You enter, and notice that the coast is clear. You hear no movement, and you see no potential hostiles. You search around for supplies, and this is what you've found:
-Fueltank Parts
-a Hatchet
-a Bandage
-two empty whiskey bottles
-an empty soda can
-a Heatpack
-an empty water bottle

What will you take?
========================================================
Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 78%
Hunger: 89%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

You take the items, then you investigate the doors for locks. The two large blue double doors can be secured with large chains that can hold the doors shut if fastened around the handles near the bottom of the door. You do that, then you go to the white door and set up the barbed wire. After you finish, you hear something behind you. You hear zombies growling and screeching, and then you hear panting... as if someone is being chased. You turn round immediately to see what is making the noise, and you see a man looking dead at you from outside the barbed wire. He is unarmed, but he is being chased by zombies it seems. You can't see the zombies, but you can surely hear them.

What will you do?
========================================================
Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 100%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

You spawn, and you can hear the sound of the ocean waves crackling behind you. The sun is very bright, and its already high in the sky. You look behind you, and you see nothing but the ocean. You look left, and you can see a road that is fairly close to you. There is also a few buildings that may have useful loot. You then look forward, and you can see a bridge that extends over a pond of water that is connected to the ocean. Further ahead, you can see railroad tracks and a steep hill with trees on it. You look right, and you can see a simple gas station.

What will you do?
======================================================
Name:Kyle
---------
---------
---------
---------
Kyle's Story:

You spawn, and you hear the ocean waves crashing upon the shore at your feet. Behind you, you see nothing but ocean water. To your left, you see railroad tracks, and a two-lane road leading somewhere. Ahead, you see the tracks and road again, but there is a gas station just beyond the road. Behind the gas station is a steep hill with trees connected to it, although it seems as if it is capable of being climbed. You then look right, and you can see a large city. You see a giant smoke stack, and some docks with giant oil rigs on them. You strain your eyes to see further, and you can see a few large buildings in the distance. There is a rectangular blue sign beside the gas station, with white text on it. Below, there is a wooden plank that seems to be attached to the sign somehow, and you can see a dark text on it. Maybe that can help you discover your location.

What will you do next?

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Blood: 11,016
---------
Thirst: 94%
Hunger: 97%
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I turn and punch the zombie across the chin, hopefully knocking it back. Or at least damaging its jaw.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
---------
Kyle's Story: None

I decide after a short time that I should head in the direction of the gas station to investigate the signs. I will approach with caution in an attempt not to alert any zombies or hostile survivors that may be in the area.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

I head towards the buildings in search of supplies and equipment I could plunder. However, seeing as this is a zombie apocalypse, I remain cautious of any *looks left and right* movement.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 88%
Hunger: 79%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
---------
Time: 2:37 PM
Mec's Story:

Oooh, fuel tank parts. If eating one of my can of beans will recover LESS than 22% of my hunger, then I'll eat one of those and drop 5 chemlights (5 chemlights = 1 inventory space right?) to make room for the fuel tank parts and the heat pack. Otherwise, I'll only drop 5 of my chemlights to make room for the fuel tank parts.

Next I'll see if I can find a good vantage point to scout from to look for more looting places. Avoiding large amounts of zombies/players.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
Thirst: 84%
Hunger: 91%
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

I go into the hospital to see if i can find medicine for possible infection in the future

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Blood: 10,744
---------
Thirst: 91%
Hunger: 95%
Status Effects: Bleeding
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

You attempt to punch the zombie in the jaw, but it barely phases the zombie. He lunges forward and hits you three more times, then you begin to bleed. Do you want to revise a new plan?
==========================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 92%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You both run the opposite direction from the zombies, eventually exiting Kamyshovo. The survivor leads you towards a steep hill, and you go along with him in order to escape the zombies. You end up having to walk up a steep hill, but it looks like the zombies are forced to walk up hills also. *Good lesson to remember* What do you want to do? Keep running up the hill and try to lose the zombies, fight, or something else?
==========================================
---------
Thirst: 96%
Hunger: 99%
---------
---------
---------

You approach the gas station, then stop about 50 meters away from it. You can see the sign, but you can only see the white Russian text. You move closer to see the text on the wooden plank just below it. You get 20 meters closer, and you investigate the sign there. As you lie prone, you see the planks text clearly, and it reads,"Chernogorsk - 310 meters". Currently, you can see and hear two zombies around you. No one has shot at the zombies, or you, so you figure that it may be safe from bandits, but you stay cautious. What do you want to do?
========================================
---------
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

You get closer to the city, and you can see some movement in the town easily. You count about 7 moving figures within the city from what you can see, and they all have zombie-like movements. Then, you examine the buildings. There are quite a couple of small shacks, and a few small houses, but in the heart of the town, you spot a large residential building. Question is, which of those things do you want to search?
=============================================
---------
Thirst: 83%
Hunger: 76%
---------
---------
---------
Time: 2:56 PM
Mec's Story:

Fueltank Parts take four inventory slots, and 10 Chemlights equal one inventory space. Even one chemlight will still take up an inventory space. If you had 11, then it would take up two inventory slots because there would be a stack of 10, then there would be another stack of just one.

Do you want to think of something else to replace or do something else?
===========================================
---------
Thirst: 80%
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

You are already in the hospital. If you weren't, you would't be so lucky. You search the boxes around the hospital, and this is what you find:
-a total of 50 blood bags(used for blood transfusions)
-a total of 23 painkillers
-a total of 6 morphine shots
-2 epi-pens
-1 pack of antibiotics(only one use)

What will you take?

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

I head for the shacks first...

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 78%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

I go outside and help the survivor kill the zombie. If I can't pass through the barbed wire I unlock the large blue double doors then head try to help the survivor. If I can pull him in without hurting him I try to push some of the barbed wire down then pull him in.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
---------

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
---------

After having read the signs i will begin to scout out the area further and try to find a weapon before entering the gas station in an attempt to loot it. I will do this with caution as i now know that there are zombies in the area.

(sorry about the post with only the character sheet accidentaly posted it before i was finished typeing.)

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
Thirst: 80%
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

i'll take 2 morphines 2 blood bags the antibiotics an epipen and a pain killer i than leave and look for a pawn shop, a hunting store etc to loot for weapons while trying to stay stealthy i also look for a vehicle that isnt completely messed up

Showing 76-90 of 167