ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 25027
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
Blood: 10,744
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 91%
Hunger: 95%
Status Effects: Bleeding
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Cythraul's Story:

Dodge behind it, grab its chin and neck, and snap its neck. Least then it wont be able to hit straight.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 83%
Hunger: 76%
Status Effects: None
---------
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
Primary: Hatchet
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 2:56 PM
Mec's Story:

Ah, I see. I'll just eat one of my can o' beans and pick up the heat pack then. Then I'll just keep on truckin, scoutin out places to loot, lotting them, watchin out for the zed, etc.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 94%
Hunger: 98%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

You visit two shacks closest to you. In these shacks, you find nothing but empty tin cans and empty whiskey bottles.
============================
Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 75%
Hunger: 87%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

You try to help him, but before you do, the survivor rushes behind the zombie and snaps the zombies neck. That zombie is taken care of, but there are plenty more zombies chasing the man. You unlock one of the large blue doors, and give the man enough space to enter, then you close it and lock it with the chain again. Then, as you look at the man, you notice that he is bleeding from the attack.

What will you do/say?
=========================================
Blood: 10,658
---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 93%
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

After you had enough of its presence, you swiftly dodge behind it and break its neck, and it falls to the floor. The zombies neck broke easier than you thought it would... these zombies seem to be very brittle, or at least the unhealthy ones are. You look behind you, and more zombies are running for their food, but then you hear clanking behind the large blue door. It opens slightly, and the man inside motions you to get inside quickly. You enter, and the man shuts the large blue door, and locks it with large chains, and now there is an awkward silence, except for the heavy breathing from running. From the looks of it, this man was trying to fortify this warehouse.

What do you want to do/say?
===========================================
Name:Kyle
---------
Thirst: 92%
Hunger: 97%
---------
---------
---------
Kyle's Story: None

Its alright.

You can still only hear two zombies around you, but as you look around, you see no other buildings other than the gas station, Yes, you can see buildings in the distance, which are in Chernogorsk, but you figure that the cities are much more dangerous than a simple gas station. Then again, threat is everywhere. As you sit and think, you begin to doubt that you will find a weapon here.

Then, you hear gun shots coming from the East, which is in Chernogorsk. You only heard one shot, and it sounded powerful, yet distant.

What do you want to do?
================================
Name: Jon Vexin
---------
Thirst: 76%
Status Effects: In Shock
---------
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers
Coyote Patrol Pack(1/8):Road Flares(10);3 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov
--------
Jon's Story:

You begin to set foot outside the hospital, but then immediately as you do, another shot is heard, and you back up into the hospital again. Whoever this guy is, he isn't giving up on trying to eliminate you. You try to think about where he could be... as you entered the city, you saw a bunch of tall buildings, maybe he could be perched up on top of a building like that to kill people who pass by or to steal their things, or maybe he is defending a base of his that he set up? Only he knows, right now, the only thing to do is get the heck out of here and not get shot. You think of a few possibilities... you could sprint out of the hospital and go to the apartments that are across the street, or you could sprint out and run around the corner of the hospital so you can take cover behind the solid brick wall and he will lose sight of you. But then where would you go? This guy is really ruining your day. Then again, you don't see any zombies around, since they all ran towards the sound of the rifle.

What will you do?
====================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 80%
Hunger: 88%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You both have enough time to stop and throw rocks at the zombies, but unfortunately, rocks aren't stopping them one bit. You both are forced to walk up the hill again after the survivor takes a hit to his shoulder. After you ascend the hill, you both come into a clearing. Then, after running almost the full length of the clearing, you come across a deer stand.

"Hey, you think we should go in that? I heard zombies can't climb ladders!" the survivor says with a shaky voice as you both run from the five zombies chasing you.

What are you going to do?
==================================
---------
Thirst: 79%
Hunger: 100%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack
---------
Time: 3:55 PM
Mec's Story:

After scouting all of the buildings within the area, you come to the conclusion that it is safe to loot every building without being spotted by zombies. You stay aware of the thing you encountered before in the other factory behind you. Unfortunately, you could only search one factory and two medium-sized shacks, because the other factory building had zombies standing around inside. In all of the searching, you have found:
-Soda(Pepsi)
-a steel bolt(for crossbows)
-a CZ550 mag
-a bandage
-Four empty soda cans
-Two empty whiskey bottles
-Seven empty tin cans

As you searched, you spotted three other buildings that are west of the area. There is a large red barn, are long wooden building with a spacious area inside it, and past that, you spotted a large chicken coup. Beside the chicken coup is a small porter potty, also, but you figure that you wouldn't find anything decent in that.

What will you take, then what will you do next?

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 79%
Hunger: 100%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack
---------
Time: 3:55 PM
Mec's Story:

Man, why does everyone else get coyote packs :\\. Anyways, I'll drink the Pepsi, drop a painkiller, and get the steel bolt.

Then I'll go search the barn, making sure there aren't any zombie horses or anything inside.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Name:Kyle
--------
Humanity: 0-Nuetral
--------
Zombies killed: 0
Bandits killed: 0
--------
Inventory(11/12): painkillers
Primary: nothing
Secondary: flashlight(100%)
--------
Lacation: West of Chernogorsk
Kyles story: none
I

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Sorry was having to use my phone to post and bad connection sent only the character sheet for some reason ill fix it once i get to a computer.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

rockPolotics, only one other player has the coyote pack, but a good way to find them is in residential areas. They aren't common though. If you search military bases, you'll find packs that can hold up to 32 items. The more danger, the better the gear.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Name: Kyle
--------
Thirst.: 92%

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

--------
--------
--------
Primary: None
--------

I will see if i can locate a good sized rock and then go around to the side of the gas station opposite the signs. I will then throw the rock at one of the signs in a hope the noise will distract the zombies. If i am successful at distracting the zombies i will make my way into the gas station. Once inside i will begin to look for supplies while still keeping quiet as i dont want to alert anything that may be inside.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 75%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I look outside then make sure all doors are secure. If the doors are secure I look inside for something that can stop the man's bleeding. If the doors aren't secure I try to fix that problem then look for something that can stop the man's bleeding. Afterwards I introduce myself.

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

Name: Mopar
---------
Thirst: 98%
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12):Painkillers
---------
Mopar's Story:

Sorry guys, ill be active again

Ill grab any sort of hard object i can find then try and sneak around the zombies to investigate the shacks
ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
Thirst: 76%
---------
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers
Coyote Patrol Pack(1/8):Road Flares(10);3 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
--------
Jon's Story:

I drink a soda then i sprint to the apartment buildings

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Blood: 10,658
---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 93%
---------
Zombies Killed: 1
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I thank him for the save. "Thanks. Mind if I stick around? I'd be glad to help with anything I can."

(I hope this isn't a double post)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 98%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;Steel Bolt
---------
Time: 4:37 PM
Mec's Story:

You take a stroll to the barn, and check for zombie horses. Nope, no zombie horses, all clear! You enter, and you search the barn. You find
-a bandage
-an empty tin can
-2 road flares
-6Rnd. .45ACP (for revolver)
-a heatpack
-painkillers
-a Jerry Can
-a Winchester 1886 w/ 15Rnd. 1886 Slugs
===================================
--------
--------
--------
Primary: None
--------

You investigate the gas station before proceeding with the plan, and it looks like its clear. You circle around the building, and throw the rock at the sign. The zombies make weird agitated noises, then walk towards the sign. Since it worked, you enter the gas station. Still being cautious, you search the gas station, and you find
-an empty whiskey bottle
-Engine Parts
-Windscreen Glass

You don't hear any more shots coming from the East, but you stay cautious as you decide what to pick up or leave.
================================================
---------
Thirst: 71%
Hunger: 84%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

You take a peek outside. You see the zombies that were chasing him, but they seem to have lost his trace. They are walking around as if they just got knocked in the head by a frying pan. Then, you check the doors. They are secure. You introduce yourself, and shake his hand. Then, you attempt to attend to his bleeding, but you have no bandages. You ask the man for bandages, but it seems he doesn't have any either. You assure him that the bleeding will stop on its own soon, then the man says,"Thanks. Mind if I stick around? I'd be glad to help with anything I can."
======================================================
Blood: 10,520
Temperature: 37°C
---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 89%
---------
Zombies Killed: 1
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

Before you speak, he peeks outside, and then check if the doors are secure. Then, he walks to you, and introduces himself as Michael. He then tried to tend to your bleeding, but he has no bandages. He asks if you have any, but you have none either. Then, he assures you that the bleeding will stop by itself soon. You then say,"Thanks. Mind if I stick around? I'd be glad to help with anything I can."

*This is another player, you can look for his post and reply to his response to your question after he posts.*
=======================================
Name: Mopar
---------
Thirst: 98%
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12):Painkillers
Primary: Medium sized rock
---------
Mopar's Story:

You find a rock the size of a humans head, and you figure that would be enough to stop at least one zombie, if you attract any attention. You sneak past them successfully after crawling into one of the shacks. After searching three shacks, you find:
-two empty tin cans
-one empty whiskey bottle
-a bandage
-an empty soda can

(Shacks have horrible loot value)
==============================
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 83%
---------
Overall Rank: Bullet Dodger
---------
Coyote Patrol Pack(2/8):Road Flares(10);2 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
--------
Jon's Story:

You burst out of the hospital in a full sprint, and the enemy fires two shots. He misses both, and you make it to the apartment building safely.(You achieved the rank Bullet Dodger) You can see zombies sprinting across, not attracted to you, but to the man who is firing at you. Whoever it is, he must be safe from the zombies since he has not been killed or attacked. You figure this because he hasn't fired at zombies. Do you want to loot this building, or do something else?

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 71%
Hunger: 84%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I answer him. "No, not at all. Can you help me look for a weapon you can use like a pipe and also a clean source of water in the warehouse?"

Showing 91-105 of 167