ForumsSupport ForumGreat Glob of Glitchiness!

67 7810
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ok, so, we all know there are 50 bajillion glitches out there right now, and I want to isolate them into one thread. Tell me what glitches you've encountered, whether big or small. Tell me what they did, how long they lasted, how to fix them, and what you think of them.

This is what I have so far:
-"Rogue Glitch"
-Forums not showing threads (example)
-Threads not showing posts
-Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)
-Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I could say some more, but I gotta go right now.

• 67 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I have not seen the third one, but I have seen all the others you posted.

"Rogue Glitch"

You got affected by it a few minutes ago. However, I have not been affected by it yet. MrDayCee thinks he's the cause of the glitch.

Forums not showing threads (example)

I've seen it before, but it seems that some people think the removals are real.

Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)

So far, only You're banned has had this glitch.

Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I think this glitch is always in effect.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I have not seen the third one

Visit the recent thread you created. You'll probably only see the OP until you refresh.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Visit the recent thread you created. You'll probably only see the OP until you refresh.

I got used to refreshing threads, so I didn't recognize that glitch.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

New Glitch: There is a new glitch that hides the page links in a forum, meaning only the first page can be seen when the glitch is in effect.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Now most of the last posted in threads for each forum only show the date and last poster in the community page.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

-Forums not showing threads (example)

Is this where it shows the last post in that section from the main page, but it doesn't show the thread?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Is this where it shows the last post in that section from the main page, but it doesn't show the thread?

No. The glitch you quoted is a glitch where a forum shows as empty.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

new glitch I just found a minor glitch, when in the list of sub forums instead of showing what thread has the most recent reply (and only for certain us forums) it just shows when the last post was and who posted it, not the thread name

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

new glitch I just found a minor glitch, when in the list of sub forums instead of showing what thread has the most recent reply (and only for certain us forums) it just shows when the last post was and who posted it, not the thread name

I already mentioned that glitch.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm no sure whether it id due to some new code being pushed to the website, but I just saw that the data in the profile's abouts has been compressed (which looks better), but when I wanted to alter something to my about... I got the password reset glitch again! Arrgghh... (O.o)

However... when I tried to reset via email, it said that my email was not to be found. That was after my username/password combination was not to be found.
So I decided to try visiting my profile throught the AG homepage that was still open in another tab and everything showed up! Including my altered profile about! Weird... =/

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Didn't see that, sorry

glitch extended the glitch that messes up apostrophes has extended to the bio, I found this when looking at Ferret's profile

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm no sure whether it id due to some new code being pushed to the website, but I just saw that the data in the profile's abouts has been compressed (which looks better)

I think that's supposed to be a visual update.

but when I wanted to alter something to my about... I got the password reset glitch again! Arrgghh... (O.o)

However... when I tried to reset via email, it said that my email was not to be found. That was after my username/password combination was not to be found.
So I decided to try visiting my profile throught the AG homepage that was still open in another tab and everything showed up! Including my altered profile about! Weird... =/

If you enter your password in the change password box and save it, you should become immune to the password reset glitch.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So far, only You're banned has had this glitch.

Actually, "What is the above user known for?" experiences that glitch too.

It would probably be a little more helpful if users who discovered a new glitch or something posted a screenshot of it, so as to assist other users who may experience a glitch, to find whether it's a new glitch, or if someone else has already posted it.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

If you enter your password in the change password box and save it, you should become immune to the password reset glitch.

That would be counter productive to what boppins told me before... he actually told me to keep it blank, because filling in a password there would become trouble and leaving it blank would mean nothing changes... *confused look* Now what?! (O.o)
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That would be counter productive to what boppins told me before... he actually told me to keep it blank, because filling in a password there would become trouble and leaving it blank would mean nothing changes... *confused look* Now what?! (O.o)

I did not see any such message from boppins, so I would fill in the password you have now to be safe.
Showing 1-15 of 67