7 posts

even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 231 Replies
SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts

I'd also mostly just shrug my shoulders & suck it up if I can't do something on a given machine not my own.

Oh, I am. I've been going to Kongregate as they largely have the same games as here. Sometimes a video ad plays but it must not be through Google Ads/Youtube as I can see that one before playing a game.

Then again if no one ever complains to them...

Yeah, but what would one say? "Dear Google, can you please not link to Youtube for your ads as my computer blocks Youtube and I cannot play games?" What would be *your* reaction if you were working for them and received that?
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

Oh, I am.

Yes, to be clear: My sarcasm above was directed at "you" in general, the plural you; one, all of us, people in general.

I wasn't making fun of you. Honest

Yeah, but what would one say?

Heheh, indeed, coming from end users, why bother.

I was thinking if at all, complaints by their clients though (i.e., those involved with their Google Ads scheme) & of course provided by the tons of them, preferably, just might make a dent in their thinking.

Emphasis might Hold your hopes up on any of it indeed I wouldn't. The question remains, so what's AG to do about it. Give up on Google Ads? Like you said, not very likely, or not if I were in their shoes. Maybe I really would drop them a note, dear sirs/ma'ams, it has come to our attention that many of our users such-and-so, and we thought we might as well point this out to you. Many feathers up y'r behind (as we Dutch say), etc.
SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts

Oooooh. Yes, feedback from their clients might help in that regard.

Layze_rng
Layze_rng
1 posts

Browsers behave differently for me.
Windows 8.1 64bit (yeeee... uhh... if you can avoid it, do so :/ )
IE 11.0.2 - AD loads, Black screen and no game load after.
Opera 18.0 - AD loads. Black screen and no game load after.
Firefox 26.0 - ****load of addons and security measurements - No AD loads, Black screen and no game load.
Chrome 32.0.blah - AD loads. Black screen for some amount of time. then the game suddenly loads. after page refresh the AD loads again (of course) and after that the almost one minute long black screen is gone.

trivia: did you know that the stupid AD is freaking 49 seconds long? and its ALWAYS THE SAME FOR ME! if anyone ever suggests again to me to play some tank general game or whatever its called in english i might just thinking about cutting 'em up for good. thanks for that.

not so trivia: sometimes on firefox (maybe some of the other non working browsers too but i CBA to test this now) i see the game actual loading up and once loaded its going black screen. guess thats RIP AG for me. i will definitely NOT remove any of my security feats and i will definitely NOT use chrome (did you notice it call home? might be a reason why its the only one working, eh?) nor will i even remotely consider in uninstalling Antivirus or Firewall for a freaking gaming/relaxing website on the net! (seriously, whats wrong with you to even suggest such a thing?!?) Too bad i loose some game saves, but who cares. its just games

fubar23
fubar23
1 posts

I can not get anything from your website to work any more. i have the latest flash player , a brand new computer and i have tried every browser i can find .The most i get is that stupid world of warplanes video that i have now seen a million times and the a blanck screen of some sort - either a black screen on chrome or a white screen on internet explorer. all sexcurity and pop up blockers have been disabled . i think its time to look for another website for gaming. too bad , ive been a faithful AG user for years now

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts

fubar, make sure you answer all of Ferret's questions on Page 10: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11947483/main-thread-black-screen-answer-page-10-questions/page/10

If you can watch YouTube videos, you likely don't have the primary cause of this black screen problem, so there is some other cause for you, it seems.

Tayre
Tayre
2 posts

AG is losing users because of this problem.

Tayre
Tayre
2 posts

Because of advertisements, many games are not opening.
Thanks for that.

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

[quote=Layze_rng]Firefox 26.0 - ****load of addons and security measurements - No AD loads, Black screen and no game load.[/quote]

It is up to you, as an end user, to take control of whatever plugins and extensions and stuff you want to run, though. ArmorGames' standard answer is that they don't support any such plugins -- which makes perfect sense, from their perspective, of course.

There's no need to discuss here a ton of different possible set-ups, but suffice it to say ArmorGames gives me no trouble using Firefox, with quite some bells and whistles going on, browser plugins or otherwise.

Firefox -- or at least its Windows version -- comes with the handy feature to (under >Help) restart with add-ons disabled, very helpful to weed out any possible issues. It then becomes a process of elimination of possible causes.

Finally, if all else fails one could always settle for a browser one finds does work, of course, just to use for one's online gaming, or whatever else seems to require it.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
496 posts

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.
LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.

Still black for me.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
487 posts

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

Still black for me.

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.

Maybe the team at this time want to step in and let people know about any possible fixes coming up, or the general status of this issue? As just another user, general guesses is all I have, just like the next person.

Cheers.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
496 posts

General status?The ads could be the general status.

Showing 166-180 of 231