even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
Tayre
Tayre
2 posts
Peasant

Because of advertisements, many games are not opening.
Thanks for that.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Layze_rng]Firefox 26.0 - ****load of addons and security measurements - No AD loads, Black screen and no game load.[/quote]

It is up to you, as an end user, to take control of whatever plugins and extensions and stuff you want to run, though. ArmorGames' standard answer is that they don't support any such plugins -- which makes perfect sense, from their perspective, of course.

There's no need to discuss here a ton of different possible set-ups, but suffice it to say ArmorGames gives me no trouble using Firefox, with quite some bells and whistles going on, browser plugins or otherwise.

Firefox -- or at least its Windows version -- comes with the handy feature to (under >Help) restart with add-ons disabled, very helpful to weed out any possible issues. It then becomes a process of elimination of possible causes.

Finally, if all else fails one could always settle for a browser one finds does work, of course, just to use for one's online gaming, or whatever else seems to require it.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.
LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.

Still black for me.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Still black for me.

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.

Maybe the team at this time want to step in and let people know about any possible fixes coming up, or the general status of this issue? As just another user, general guesses is all I have, just like the next person.

Cheers.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

General status?The ads could be the general status.

francamdar
francamdar
1 posts
Jester

the ads, which block screen in black, is 30 minute long

@mod: why who pay, like me, need banner ads?
o_O

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

All game loads the advertisements for 0.5 seconds, then it goes all black.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

No, no possible program as source of conflict.
I did not change anything since 12 hours when the problem first occured.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

Are you on your own (home) computer?

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Yes, I use that computer, the same every time.

Strange that the black-death went away yesterday, and just now returned again.

rodandanet
rodandanet
4 posts
Nomad

half way through a game that I have been playing for weeks and now all I get is a black screen. frustrating!!!!!!

Layabout
Layabout
1 posts
Shepherd

This black screen problem first occurred on my computer two days ago. I could not play Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Yesterday the game worked, but today it does not. In fact, nothing works on Armor at all. I have tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I have refreshed, logged out, closed, come back and ... nada. My guess is that the unwanted advert is somehow blocking the game. I am not in an English language zone, and I do not understand the local language. I am annoyed by this.

layabout

Showing 166-180 of 221