ForumsThe TavernOpinions on piercings and tattoos?

77 18119
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I didn't find any thread on the subject so thought I'd start one. I don't personally have any piercings or tattoos (I'm 15 fyi) but I plan on getting snake bites next summer. What are everyones views on the subject?

• 77 Replies
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

you have no say

Correct, but this is our opinions not our mandatory rules for everyone, no one says that everyone NEEDS to do this/not do this.

tattoos are good and meaningful) on girls really attractive.

Uhhhh Meaningfully injecting INK into their body ATTRACTIVE??
Ink UNDER THE Skin..... ??ATTRACTIVE?? your life not mine....

It's their bodies, you have no say on what they want to do with themselves

Again yes there decisions, our opinions do not mix.

But for instance let's say you have a tattoo on your leg at a job where you are always going to be wearing pants...

ok.... then why a tattoo if you wont even show it.... I would think if you are going to inject ink in yourself and draw a picture or words, you would not hide it....
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

you have no say

Correct, but this is our opinions not our mandatory rules for everyone, no one says that everyone NEEDS to do this/not do this.

Saying ''Don't do this'' or ''Don't do that'' isn't an opinion. An opinion would be saying ''I really hate them and think people shouldn't get them''.

Uhhhh Meaningfully injecting INK into their body ATTRACTIVE??

I meant meaningful as in the tattoo itself has a meaningful remark or that of the sorts.

Yeah I find it attractive, I love it

ok.... then why a tattoo if you wont even show it.... I would think if you are going to inject ink in yourself and draw a picture or words, you would not hide it....

I don't understand why people think that if you get a tattoo it's to show other people.. No. Most tattoos usually have a certain meaning or moral to one's self and it's not usually something that has to be seen. For example for me it would be being able to get up every morning and seeing my tattoo, it's a great way to start the day for me.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Well this is heating up now let's just chill out a bit guys, Black I can understand your argument because it can seem barbaric in a way and unnatural injecting ink under your skin blah blah but even you've got to admit there is some extremely good artistic tattoos. A very good tattoo artist is like a painter, although instead of a canvas you have a squishy moving part of somebody's body, if you research and look at how some tattoos are done they require a lot of skill and precision to execute. That is why they are attractive, well, obviously there are a lot of "rough" people shall we say that get skulls and crosses tattooed which makes them look cheap and nasty. Good tattoos though, especially on women, are attractive. They are very controversial that is the problem, a lot of people don't like them. In the work place tattooed individuals will then find themselves with a problem, they have to hide them as in most work places they are looked down upon so they are forced to hide them. This can be difficult depending on where the tattoo is situated obviously so whatever job you are in or a future job you must take this into consideration before you get your tattoo. I myself am good at nothing but art which is why I take an interest in tattoos. I will hopefully become a full time artist (sculptor) in the future and as it is a job that you are the only person in, I can more or less have as many tattoos and piercings as I choose, although I personally wouldn't want to be completely head to toe covered in both. I'll see what the future holds anyway.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well this is heating up now let's just chill out a bit guys

Well it is an exchange of opinions, but it's not really heated xD There should be room to do that.. Don't see what the problem is.

Anyways I agree with you that there are good and bad tattoos but in the end it is art..

And just as any art there can be bad and good art.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

And just as any art there can be bad and good art.

If I might add, art in itself is a very personal thing. That is why tattoos are controversial.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

If I might add, art in itself is a very personal thing. That is why tattoos are controversial.

It is personal I suppose.. But it's to an extent. There are talented people and people who just can't do anything with any type of art xD Don't know if I made sense or if you get what I'm saying..
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

get up every morning and seeing my tattoo

Yeah what if your 80 and now you don't like it anymore it was just something you did because everyone else did it now it is close to permanent.

Now you dread it.

~~Black~~
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

That's why you get one that you are 100% sure won't regret, and if you do there are options to hide it; cover it with a new tattoo that you like when youre 80 years old; or laser treatment.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Ok I'll give in, but lets go on about piercings.

I believe ears for women is ok. I don't like gages tho for anyone.
And I am not a fan of noes, I-brow, Bellybutton just ears thats my stance.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

nose* Sorry
and
I Need Signature

~~Black~~

I am curious if anyone actually finds gages attractive on Ag?

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

eyebrow* phase* (sorry I feel the need to correct your spelling). Well for my birthday in Feb I'm going to get my snug pierced which is a part of my ear. Also hopefully two lip piercings in summer and sometime in a few years my eyebrow which I really want. I will probably stretch my ears or one of them at some point not big though I mean small so yes I find them attractive.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

eyebrow*

I did that purposefully. *sadness*
Wow Did not know MR. Ice was into them!

Good to know. I know Alexias has some.

Thats my opinion, why don't the educated take it from here! I don't expect to be back on this forum then. I guess more people like them than I thought!

~~Black~~
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I don't think anyone should be discriminated against for having tattoos, but I also think that having a large majority of white girls with anchors and infinity symbols on their bodies is silly. I personally hope to get tattoos one day, as soon as I can decide on something I'm not going to regret.

Piercings... I have my ears pierced, as most girls do, but I hope to get my upper cartilage pierced a few times as well. I think if you can pull off a lip or eyebrow or nose piercing, then by all means go ahead. But I am not one of those people, and I do not want them because I'm terrified that they are gonna get snagged on clothing or something and rip out. I'm not a fan on massive gauges, but I think small or medium sized ones are pretty adorable. I have entertained the thought of getting my tongue pierced, and getting my nose pierced. But who knows? Maybe one day when I have enough money I just might.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yeah what if your 80 and now you don't like it anymore it was just something you did because everyone else did it now it is close to permanent.

It's not something I'm going to do because everyone else did though.. And at 80 you're all wrinkly anyways. And I probably won't reach that age anyways

Ok I'll give in, but lets go on about piercings.

Okay. I like piercings, though I'm not a huge fan I would probably get some on myself... maybe the ears, tongue and nose... not sure about any other though tbh.

I am curious if anyone actually finds gauges** attractive on Ag?

Yup I do But not exaggerated ones.. small ones.

but I also think that having a large majority of white girls with anchors and infinity symbols on their bodies is silly.

Ugh.. me too.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Actually, I don't mind earrings. They can make girls look pretty, allowing they aren't huge.

Other piercings are just getting carried away. I mean, really, why would you want a ring on your forehead? It just looks stupid.

Showing 31-45 of 77