ForumsThe TavernOpinions on piercings and tattoos?

77 18120
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I didn't find any thread on the subject so thought I'd start one. I don't personally have any piercings or tattoos (I'm 15 fyi) but I plan on getting snake bites next summer. What are everyones views on the subject?

• 77 Replies
Kanuck_Lavinator
Kanuck_Lavinator
15 posts
Peasant

why would you want a ring on your forehead?

possible fetish? lol or intimate moments?

Don't forget huge earrings are worn culturally...so you're at the cross-roads
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

why would you want a ring on your forehead?

Okay that does sound a bit ridiculous.. Lol. Still their bodies though, I could care less if someone did that xD
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I don't think you can or that I know of get a piercing on your forehead, unless you are talking about a bridge piercing which usually people have metal bars...not rings.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

@OperationNilo: I must concur, I am apart of that same group of people. However, I have no problem with ear rings or smaller piercings. I find it odd though when people give themselves like a nose ring that looks like a bull. OR when people tattoo (for lack of a better term) senseless, idiotic and unintelligent tattoos. I have seen a few (on shows like bad ink) where I just sit there and think "that person is a flippin' idiot". Some that have meaning to the person or are well thought out, I love. And would actually get one if I did not have a crippling fear of needles.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Don't forget huge earrings are worn culturally...so you're at the cross-roads

Well that's different. It's not being worn just to be cool.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

It's not being worn just to be cool.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

*Gauges are just another way people express them selves, in a way that's what the tribes did because it was cultural and the original person who started had the idea, wether it was religious I don't know.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Piercings are a neutral party in my opinion. They're ok in some areas and in others areas piercings should not exist. It's just bad to get piercings in certain regions of the body, but in others I don't mind. I wouldn't consider getting a piercing though. I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off and I just have no interest in them in general.

Tattoos are actually pretty cool. The artistic talent going in them sometimes is quite amazing and could make people seem a lot more interesting. You can be a plain ol' dude who works a regular everyday job at an office, pay your taxes, pay your bills, have a wife and kids, but you'll be boring. If you do it with a tattoo... *gasp*

Capital S Sexy. Did I just say that...

Anyway, I plan on getting a tattoo myself. Only one. I'm not interested in turning my body into a canvas but I don't want to keep it plain and boring either. Plus, sexy looking, ya know? (oh my God why do I keep saying this)

Tattoo removal is also quite expensive as well.

This is the only downside I see in getting a tattoo. Which is why it is best to get a tattoo when you're sober, unlike the "tattoo adventures" people may have when they're intoxicated.

its like art dude it is pimpness

Your street cred is too much for me bro I can't handle it.

Glow in the dark ink can contain phosphors that cause cancer.

That has carcinogenic written all over it.

Ears for women nothing else.

Meh, I've seen men wear earrings and it has actually looked quite nice. It depends, really. Besides, I have a piercing. Look at my armatar. Are I not amazing?

Thou Minotaur... knoweth swagger

possible fetish? lol or intimate moments?

Intimate moments... what the flying... do I even want to know?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Many people around me have tattoos and it looks good on them, but I don't have any. I may get one or a few eventually.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Intimate moments... what the flying... do I even want to know?

Tongue piercing 'nuff said.

Yup next month probably getting my tattoo and piercing Can't wait.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

A side from tongue piercings aren't genetial piercings suppose to enhance the "moment"?

Yup next month probably getting my tattoo and piercing Can't wait.

ooo what is your tattoo design and what piercing?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

genetial piercings suppose to enhance the "moment"?

That is probably a matter of opinion. I don't think a guy could get one, it would probably get ripped off in the thrill of the moment. XD
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

ooo what is your tattoo design and what piercing?

The tattoo is based off one of my favorite bands ever that kind of saved me during my first years of adolescence haha. It's the s from Slipknot. Like this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/rjjgib.jpg

And the piercing will likely be on my ears :P
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Ugh, I'd advise against getting a band tattoo. They might look cool and you might love the band, but what about in 20 years? How are you going to explain that to someone? "Um...it was from this band I like when I was younger. You prolly have heard of the because they stopped making albums a decade ago." Not to even mention that the Slipknot 'S' looks like a tribal. D:

I have my tattoo, want more. I'm either too busy or too broke to get more. Such is life I suppose.
I had my piercings. 10g septum and 14g labret. I had fun with them while I still had them. Yet getting hit in the face one too many times while wearing them was tiresome, and my job I had a few years ago did not allow piercings. I had retainers, but I just forgot to put them in after a while. Eventually they just closed up.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

*dies* I'm so jealous I love Slipknot I totally get you. There are too many band tattoos I want when I'm older but I'd probably regret half of them a year later so I'm probably going to use my artistic skills to create something that incorporates a lot of them, maybe just Heavy Metal in general not sure. Why on your ears may I ask?

Showing 46-60 of 77