ForumsThe TavernOpinions on piercings and tattoos?

77 18122
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I didn't find any thread on the subject so thought I'd start one. I don't personally have any piercings or tattoos (I'm 15 fyi) but I plan on getting snake bites next summer. What are everyones views on the subject?

• 77 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Oh I forgot to mention the tattoo I'm planning on getting.

It's to be a mix of the ouroboros and the yin-yang symbol. So instead of one dragon, it will have two, with the eye colour of one being the body colour of the other.

This is how it is planned so far, I'm trying to think of how else to do the colour part given how small eyes are in comparison to the rest

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Well, seeing as everyone is mentioning the tattoos they'll be getting, why don't I?

I would like to get one of two tattoos, if not, both. One I'm interested in getting is a Grim Reaper tattoo on my right arm. I don't know why but I've always found the Grim Reaper to be such a cool concept. The other tattoo I'd be interested in getting is... a Minotaur. And don't say that's a cliche cause dat's racist. Check your privileges.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ugh, I'd advise against getting a band tattoo. They might look cool and you might love the band, but what about in 20 years? How are you going to explain that to someone? "Um...it was from this band I like when I was younger. You prolly have heard of the because they stopped making albums a decade ago." Not to even mention that the Slipknot 'S' looks like a tribal. D:

I know many people have told me this.. But it has a really strong feeling behind it and it means so much to me. I went through a really dark path around the age of 15-16 and this band.. This BAND.. It really got me out of that and this is why.. Like I don't really care what other people think, it's for me and for me only, I will see it and remember, it's another day... keep on going! So you see it's not just because it's my favorite band. And all the more reason that it looks like tribal, I like tribal tattoos. Besides I might make my own drawing incorporating the S not just the S alone.

Why on your ears may I ask?

I just like them really that's it. But I'm not sure yet.. I want to be completely sure. The tattoo is for sure though.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I have one, was made in 1996 (i was aged 24 then) and i have no regrets about it... cuz i give some thoughst to it over a considerable time.

You're 42 years old?
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I can picture it, sounds awesome Unleashed and it's good you are still fond of it! Slayer are a great band it's a great tribute to them. I do at like chaos symbols, stars, pentagrams those kinds as you they look good incorporated into many band tattoos and art inspired ones which I hope at some point in my life to get an art inspired tattoo and a band related one(s).

You're 42 years old?

Gosh look you can do maths!
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Tbh I don't see what the big deal of getting a tattoo of a band. As long as they mean something to you truly.. Then why not tribute a tattoo for them. Besides I'm pretty dang sure I won't end up regretting it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You're 42 years old?

You didn't know? Birthday thread yo

Also, Unleashed. I need pics please.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You didn't know? Birthday thread yo

Also, Unleashed. I need pics please.

I second that request.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You guys sure you want to get a Tattoo? I mean, it's going to look like heck in 30 years when your skin starts to wrinkle and it fades.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

You guys sure you want to get a Tattoo? I mean, it's going to look like heck in 30 years when your skin starts to wrinkle and it fades.

There are several things I can do.

1. Not care
2. Retouch
3. Not care
4. I'm gonna get wrinkly anyways. Not care.
5. In 30 years I'll be 49 my dad and mom are in their mid 40's and no wrinkles. Not care.

Lol I'm sure of what I'm doing and I plan on getting several tattoo's.. so yeah.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

You guys sure you want to get a Tattoo? I mean, it's going to look awesome in 30 years when your skin wrinkles a bit.

I believe that is what you meant to say?
Still looks good to me...
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb401/Alexi_Hunt/old_man_tattoo_08.jpg
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Exactly.. I'm gonna look way more fabulous then all the rest of those wrinkly old ancient people.. Hehe.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

A lot of people's opinions also are that they "just look dirty" and say for example in a restaurant, people would not want to be served by someone in a restaurant just because they think it looks dirty.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

That's bad things....
I don't have any and i don't like them...
:P

webs168
webs168
5 posts
Nomad

Get something you'll care bout for the rest of your life i actually have to hands shaking on my inner wrist for fellowship. Some people mainly modern ascetics get religious texts

Showing 61-75 of 77