ForumsWEPRHumanity...

332 109297
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

Humans are the most intelligent species in the world, don't you agree ?
You and me are the best creatures made by the god, don't you agree ?

The god given us many things because he hope the humans I have created will go to the earth and will do many good things !

But see what is going on today's world, we are doing misuse of powers given us by the god, don't you agree ?

By seeing this a question is arsing in my mind = Is this the end of Humanity ?

What you think about this ? Can we prevent this ?

• 332 Replies
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Bible to the rescue:

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, âBe fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.â

Don't believe: The Bible Gateway

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, âBe fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.â(can't quote because I'm on mobile)

anyway that is just horrible just god saying (for the argument I'm Christian turned atheist) yeah all my creations that i made like a billion+ rule over them make them extinct sure i don't care about the future of the world.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

wow people sure like to look at the bad side of things. when it comes to human society we only get better. humans become more accepting and educated. people that would have been burned alive 2000 years ago are now considered normal parts of society (in most places). sure we are ruining the planet but this is a really big topic and honestly? its getting tiring to see the "we are the worst", "humans are pure evil" (and vice versa). each person is different, each person is changing, and humanity is changing slowly everyday.

this is a much bigger topic then ones opinion, and it has many sub-subjects inside.

overall, yes i do think we should take better care of the planet and grow even better as a society but i really dont think we are doing such a bad job as so many people say.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

overall, yes i do think we should take better care of the planet and grow even better as a society but i really dont think we are doing such a bad job as so many people say.

You basically summed up my through as I was reading other posts here... People are way too negative about things, there are always positives and negatives about most things just gotta look for them.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Yes as a human race we are growing and advancing which is what makes us such a great race. But this is were the downside is, it leads to more things that will degrade our society, with opportunity brings downfall. When someone possesses great power they can start to all to easily become infected with evil.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I suspect that such blatant misconceptions are so thoroughly engrained in the media and in popular belief because, a) people like to feel that they are superior, b) people don't like to consider the ethics of what they do to animals, and c) people can be quite gullible, especially at a young age.

Language contributes a lot to it, most languages have some sort of negative animal comparison, like if someone calls you a pig, or a bird-brain. But as Emp already said crows for example are really intelligent; not only can they use tools, they are also reported to remember faces (human faces; it's like you could tell different crows apart).

On the other hand, we do have a more complex brain than most animals, and it has led us to do horrible and wonderful things. But yeah, maybe the OP should clarify what exactly he meant by intelligence..

I ask you: Which is more intelligent?
a) The species that maintains a constant or periodic-but stable population, needs only the basic requirements for life, has minimal impact on anything outside its niche, and does not attempt to extend its life span beyond its biological design.
b) The species that invades nearly every large land mass on the planet, freely swells to globally unsustainable numbers, devises increasingly dangerous weapons, not only to kill, but to utterly destroy large regions and poison everything around, carelessly consumes whole ecosystems for its own short term benefit, and seeks to prolong the lives of its own members indefinitely, among other things.

Note: you might know that many invasive species, common examples being plants, are, as long as they stay in their original environment, the a) type, and as soon as the conditions change and their natural regulators vanish (usually due to transportation to a different environment), become the b) type, to the detriment of the local ecosystem.

And in your examples, we're using a different kind of intelligence; it's not a conscious decision, just a behaviour that seems intelligent, or not, to us.

Question: What is wrong, per se, with wanting to expand ones lifespan?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

@19912 Fancy use of cherry picking there

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Forgot this..

Your english hurts me please make sense. If you are talking about "God" who created us blah blah *cough* bull****, there is no God.

1) Pretty sure the person might be foreign.

2) I'm all fine with atheism and theism, when they are agnostic. However, you have placed yourself under gnostic atheist, which, like gnostic theism, I have issues with. If you wish to resurrect the theism v atheism thread, so that we may discuss this gnostic stance, then we may (as talking about it in here would break away from the point of the thread).
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

We are a creation of colliding particles and elements from stars. Not some almighty figure with his magic.

I agree with this...
We all know that science don't believe in god but from where the colliding particles and elements came from ? The answer of this question is beyond of human thinking.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

We all know that science don't believe in god

Er..kind of but not quite. Science has a lack of belief, it is unnecessary in science.

but from where the colliding particles and elements came from ? The answer of this question is beyond of human thinking.

Quantum Fluctuations.

-----

Also, I do hope you didn't miss/ignore my points on page 2
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

We are the creation of essentially the big bang theory. Planets colliding to form particles and in the process of creating the earth, we were made. So when people say "You're a star!" you can say "aw thanks I know I am "

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Quantum Fluctuations.

The alternative answer to the question of Life, The Universe And Everything..

We are the creation of essentially the big bang theory.

Just being picky about poor wording here, but we're not creations of a theory :P

Planets colliding to form particles and in the process of creating the earth, we were made.

Again poor wording; particles don't form when planets collide, most elements formed instants after the Big Bang; and the process of the formation of Earth was finished long before life arose on it.

You basically summed up my through as I was reading other posts here... People are way too negative about things, there are always positives and negatives about most things just gotta look for them.

It's true that I often hear people talking about how horrible humans are, blaming them for nearly everything and so on. I mean yes, humans are to blame for a lot of things; some of us have absolutely no consideration for their environment, social or natural. But even if we tried we couldn't destroy everything, and there are a lot of people who are just fine.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I agree with Black but it is NOT the end of...Humanity.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

yay.

Yeah I mean if we continue with no change, we will be ending. So many changes for the worse I fear the world is just going to pretty much kill itself with corruption and such.

~~Black~~

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeah I mean if we continue with no change, we will be ending. So many changes for the worse I fear the world is just going to pretty much kill itself with corruption and such.

How can the world kill itself...

Anyway, think of this. There are hunter gatherer tribes in the rain forests that have nothing to do with us. Even if we manage to end our modern society somehow, which I don't think we are able to do by ourselves, those and other natives will be left.

No, we won't all die because we're evil or whatever; humankind will at some point go extinct simply because that's natural. Species don't exist forever, and our environment is changing fast.
Showing 16-30 of 332