ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Locked] [OP Request] The Masta's Art

187 21449
SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

Well I'm new the art forum and I haven't posted much here before, but I'm going to post some of my own original art here now.
I created the following using Microsoft Paint.
Let me know what you think!

Quasi-Emotional Color
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/Quasi-EmotionalColor_zps1f4fea7a.png

Thik Dake
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/ThikDake_zps43402400.png

I should make more soon.

• 187 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

and then there's unconstructive criticism

...thus pang's purpose for her existence.

Don't hate me, I'm not the one who picked this fight.
I've already promised never to speak to pang again. Good enough?
daleks
daleks
3,791 posts

Types of Criticism by our friendly bunny.

I really liked your sketches on page 3. I thought that they were well done. The machines you made were good but the perspective was a little off, but nothing a little practice wouldn't be able to fix. Your drawings on this page are a little abstract for me, but they do show that you have talent and technique with a marker. I would be interested in seeing a less abstract piece but utilizing the techniques you seem to have. I think it would come out well.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

Aaaaand to steer this back towards artiness;
I have to say, the second one of your illustrations I like a lot. It's a neatly illustrated maze.

SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

I really liked your sketches on page 3. I thought that they were well done. The machines you made were good but the perspective was a little off, but nothing a little practice wouldn't be able to fix. Your drawings on this page are a little abstract for me, but they do show that you have talent and technique with a marker. I would be interested in seeing a less abstract piece but utilizing the techniques you seem to have. I think it would come out well.

That's what's I'm talking about!, Now that is some constructive criticism! Very nice Mr. daleks! Your message is well composed and very helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
706 posts

Did i said something to you? since i have no problems with you im just telling this to all in general for them to know i dont even know what you did or not here , i just saw a bit of fight and all

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts

That second one on the last page reminds me a bit of the dot game people play on napkins in restaurants. I'm not the only one, am I, who is aware that this game exists?

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,018 posts

Don't make me get the belt out.

Whoa, Frank. We can resolve this peacefully....
Bronze
Bronze
2,429 posts

Creating art just for the sake of making something &quotretty" is just as good a reason as any other. Keep doing what you enjoy. It's really hard to critique your non-objective art. I guess the biggest thing with that style is line variation. Work in as many different widths and lengths as you can. It makes for a much more visually satisfying piece.

Some other important variables to consider are your weight and flow. Try leading your viewers with your lines. Play with moving your focus. What area do I want to be the dominant? Do I put more lines in on this side? Will it be symmetrical or asymmetrical? Those are just common questions to ask yourself before you put pencil to paper.

On a different note, I think pang had a good point about actually trying to convey an idea with your work. It's much more interesting to see how an artist interprets their ideas to paper, and it actually leaves room for that beautiful phrase, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. But like I said, do what you like. If you wanna doodle pretty pictures and stay mired in the uncreative land of chaotic abstract art, go ahead.

Great armatar, btw.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,303 posts

I've unlocked this thread and removed some of the inflammatory or irrelevant posts. Let's please keep things pleasant and on point from here on.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,744 posts

I've unlocked this thread and removed some of the inflammatory or irrelevant posts. Let's please keep things pleasant and on point from here on.

Much obliged. masta, on you go.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,744 posts

And don't take criticism so harshly this time. No one, including pang, is out to insult you or your intelligence. As an artist, I know that there will always be people that just don't like your stuff and will say so. Roll with it. Ask them why. If they're just being mean to aggravate you, ignore them.

SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

Ok understood.
But let me remind everyone how this system works.
1. I post a picture(s)
then
2. You give your opinions

Any irrelevant postings are spam.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,744 posts

What would you do when someone like that starts acting like a ******* and posts offensive comments your profile?

For one, I wouldn't close my comment section after asking someone else a question. Duh.

1. Tell an admin. Ferret is generally the most active, although you can always grab Gantic, Freakenstein or MrDayCee. I usually go to all of their profiles to see who's online first.

2. Don't freak out. I tried freaking out. It didn't work. Instead, the person who was harassing me reported me to two mods for "hurting his feelings." Yes, I had someone flame me, then immediately post incredibly polite posts to my profile, saying I hurt their feelings and that I'm in big trouble now.

Before you ask, Devoidless.

3. Roll with it. A mod or admin will deal with it. If the person surrenders, drop it. If they resist, the mod/admin will ban them. If the AG guys can't actually prosecute the person (i.e. they've been very subtle and are playing dumb), ignore them. The mods/admins have no trouble removing comments from your profile if you find them offensive and if you can't do it on your own.

It's the Internet, bro. You can't win every fight and sometimes you can't win any. People often hide behind their screen and abuse their lack of true identity to attack other people. Armor Games does a fantastic job of nailing those people when they get the chance, but I can tell you from experience that your rage is justified, but it will get you nowhere.

So unlock your Messenger board, show Ferret the evidence and deal with it! I got your back if someone's getting on your case, but locking your profile and griping lets them win.

Ok? Good. Make it happen.
SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

Ok, here is a new one. Just take it in and feel it.

Dartanvi
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/Dartanvi_zps176850af.png

Only constructive feedback is allowed, harsh or offensive comments will be reported. Ok, lets have fun!

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts

I like the combination of the dark red and the light green. Not sure how I feel about the yellow dots.

Showing 91-105 of 187