Guides:

No MP walkthrough

Premium game walkthrough

Extreme endgame guide - second iteration

Vision field walkthrough

Secrets guide

SP distribution guide

Discussion threads:

Endgame tactics after v1.1 - discussion about tactics after one of the major updates

New gem recipes finished and ready to use - most recent supergem recipes announcement thread

Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem - top-grade gem pictures

gem combining schemes competition - supergem competition thread

semi-optimal combining method for mana gems and amps - original thread about new supergem methods

1024 hardcore upgrading - thread about 1024-combine upgrading method

Other work:

gemforce git repository - all currently best gem recipes are there, more detailed info in readme.

GC parameters - list of formulas used by the game

Beacon farming - best fields to farm XP on beacons

Late waves HP calcullator

Outdated walkthroughs:
They may contain some useful information, but are generally outdated

0-100 level guide

Low-level guide

Rapid leveling up guide

End-game guide

If you want this thread to be updated, just mention me with the information what to add/change by @psorek somewhere on AG forum.

• 66 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Feel free to make suggestions what should be here. This subject will be hopefully sticked soon.

Trommler
Trommler
8 posts
Shepherd

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12291687/gemcraft-cs-secrets-guide-spoilers

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Wow its sticky. Nice! May I suggest the following-

The Crusade thread because its what brought us GC maniacs together and inspired us all(I'm proud creater ) AND its a very large thread(like 390 post!) with TONS of info.

And the Semi-optimal combining thread(to find the more experienced/timewasting/powerful 64 combine, etc)

Ronin316
Ronin316
7 posts
Nomad

The Gemcraft sub-reddit has quite a bit of useful information.

jpvr150296
jpvr150296
7 posts
Peasant

How about a no premium leveling guide?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@jpvr150296: Do you know one? If yes, I'll add it here. Otherwise you can write it by yourself.

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Thank you psorek, for starting this thread. Thank you everyone who has contributed your insights and tips. I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share your hard won insights.

By following the various guides and walkthroughs as well as reading the comments I managed to get from a rather frustrated level 33 wizard to a much happier level 289 wizard in a fairly short amount of time.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Good initiative @psorek! =D

To inform: this sticky is to ensure that gamers have a guide to links useful for playing GemCraft, however...

...any links directed to or suggestions for threads about the usage of cheating tools such to aide in clicking faster and/or speeding up the mouse button clicks are not allowed!

Just to make sure that our users understand that Armor Games takes pride in fair gaming and that we will not tolerate any form of cheating. =)

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I've been asking for this elsewhere in the forums, but I'm going to ask for it here as well since it seems appropriate. Can the so-called "low-level guide" please be retitled.

This guide is not for low level players. Most people calling themselves low-level on the forums are levels 1-100 and this guide is not for players at those levels as it contains tons of information invalid or incorrect for those levels. I suggest the guide name be changed to "Levels 200-1000 player guide" to allow for someone to make a valid low-level guide.

Basically, you will probably finish the game before this guide becomes valid, further supporting that it is not a low-level guide.

Chrisbaylis456
Chrisbaylis456
1 posts
Shepherd

Anybody else having problems loading Gem CS. Ad runs, initial black screen with Armor games and Genie in a bottle comes up and hangs.

Ideas welcome

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

i tried to do up something in the way of a beginning guide. Its in the regular forums. hope it helps for anyone looking for basic guidance.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

The heart of my low level guide, the revised angering table, was created using level 0 fusion, and is very much correct if you're using it correctly. (It's not a table listing mana gain per anger, it's a table describing the mana gain per monster needed TO anger with a given grade).

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

The difficulties listed in the low level guide angering table were identical to those given by psorek for much higher level skills. So something is wrong with one of them somewhere. If you follow the instructions exactly as they are given (and yes, I understand them perfectly), they work fine for early waves, but in later waves they waste mana. You definitely end up losing mana following those values. I have tested in dozens of times now and found that they are very much off.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

if you're using the table correctly, you will never lose mana per wave.
grade, managain_per_mob*monsters summoned=mana returned; (net mana gain after subtracting gem cost)

g1: 15*4=60; (break even)
g2: 45*8=360; (120 gain)
g3: 72*13=936; (336 gain)
g4: 120*19=2280; (960 gain)
g5: 240*24=6000; (3240 gain)

To prove/disprove the problem is on your end, I'll go load up my level 72 save, and play a level using only red and yellow, no orange beam tower to mess things up, with my fusion level reduced to zero.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Just went and tested it.

As expected, I gained mana. got a grade 10 up and running on h3 using my table. I was angering with grade 4's by the end and gaining mana every wave.

that said:
my table is NOT calibrated for giants. or swarms. Giants are a separate table:

60 mana gain: g1's for giants
180 mana gain: g2's ok
360 mana gain: g3's ok.

maybe that's what's throwing people off?

Showing 1-15 of 66