Guides:

No MP walkthrough

Premium game walkthrough

Extreme endgame guide - second iteration

Vision field walkthrough

Secrets guide

SP distribution guide

Discussion threads:

Endgame tactics after v1.1 - discussion about tactics after one of the major updates

New gem recipes finished and ready to use - most recent supergem recipes announcement thread

Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem - top-grade gem pictures

gem combining schemes competition - supergem competition thread

semi-optimal combining method for mana gems and amps - original thread about new supergem methods

1024 hardcore upgrading - thread about 1024-combine upgrading method

Other work:

gemforce git repository - all currently best gem recipes are there, more detailed info in readme.

GC parameters - list of formulas used by the game

Beacon farming - best fields to farm XP on beacons

Late waves HP calcullator

Outdated walkthroughs:
They may contain some useful information, but are generally outdated

0-100 level guide

Low-level guide

Rapid leveling up guide

End-game guide

If you want this thread to be updated, just mention me with the information what to add/change by @psorek somewhere on AG forum.

• 66 Replies
chronicbman
chronicbman
1 posts
Shepherd

This is a great game and hope to get far in it thanx to these threads.

digideus
digideus
4 posts
Peasant

I have to say that from my point of view (a new player to CS) that the Low Level guide is mostly a guide to angering. It doesnt specifically lead new players through the game. It spends a couple of lines talking about gems available, but it doesnt tell you what you need to do to be able to complete other levels. I think a low level guide needs to be more tailored to new players and give specifics to keep players interested. I'm currently level 23 and i'm stuck progressing on the harder maps (which I get with all gemcraft games and then have to go look for guides to suggest best gem types and strategies to get further)

Can someone do a guide for new players or at least point people to one that is useful instead of talking about stuff that is fairly meaningless to anyone except a hardcore Gemcraft player?

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Hi digideus,

the reason for the guide's talking about angering is that is the key to getting through higher levels. You have to go back to redo the levels you have completed, using battle traits and or angering the waves in order to get more experience and thus higher levels. The game is designed that you cant just work your way through from level to level in a "linear" fashion for lack of a better word. So read the guides about angering, and then go back and do some of those levels you have done already to boost your wizard level, then try those harder maps. This in turn will let you access the other gem types and open up the strategy and discussion about gem types and how to combine them for different maps. Most guides lean towards premium players who have bought the wizards pouch, but the general concepts will apply for those who have havent. I have "beaten" the game both with and without the pouch, and while its easier with, my basic strategy works with both.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

I wrote this some time ago. I think overall its still might be helpful, esp if you are new to the GC series.

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12324211/gemcraft-cs-low-level-guide-wl-0-100

My only comment in hind sight, is i talk about just angering with Grade 1 gems. i would say now that once you get up to 4 or 5 grade 1s, you could upgrade to a grade 3, and only bomb one or two. See how comfortable you are with it.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Your topic was just added

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Actually jdguy99, the angering was in the "low-level guide" because originally it was written for players up to level 1000. So as I've posted there, its not really a true "low-level" guide lol.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

I think Jdguy meant my guide. Ironically, my guide-as flawed as it is, since it doesn't help total newbies much at all-is still the only true "low level" guide. the other guy wrote it for premium.
Perhaps I should have called it "munchkin's guide to low level".

Angering is very much the method of choice to claw your way out of the low level category into the mid level bracket.

WillBrazuka2014
WillBrazuka2014
2 posts
Blacksmith

Muito bom o jogo.

mmeturbulence
mmeturbulence
2 posts
Shepherd

Have any of the gem recipe wizards updated their formulas for the newest update?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

In one of the threads (I think it was the one pointing out that the new version was released) ieee said that the only gem change was to the slow gem.

So, no changes needed for the various killing and mana farming gem formulae. You will need to adjust your slowing gem though.

mmeturbulence
mmeturbulence
2 posts
Shepherd

Cool! Thanks

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

Suppressing gem was changed, too, it's not like anyone uses it, though.

If you are interested on the change Peter put down some weird coefficients there and completely defeated supergemming: the best recipe for suppressing is simple U.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

@Psorek: Maybe you could add the new vision fields walkthrough to the list?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I'd wait for full guide posted in "guides" forum section if you could do that

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

OK - I asked Ferret to move the post.

Showing 46-60 of 66