ForumsSupport Forum[Locked] The website has some problems.

84 23592
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

I'm having trouble connecting to AG and when I do(as in now) everything is fuzzy and it's really slow. this has been happening for a few days but there is nothing wrong with my computer. Any help please?

• 84 Replies
Tony2212
Tony2212
6 posts
Shepherd

Oh no! I been DDoS'd! NOOOOO I need a health potion (I can't play Decision: Medieval).

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Tony2212 can you try now?

@Riku_ullman We're looking into fixing the images, but we want to make sure games are stable first.

@Patrick2011 I just tested in IE, working fine for me now.

Tony2212
Tony2212
6 posts
Shepherd

DDoS is retreating. Are they gone?!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just tested in IE, working fine for me now.

I can now load the homepage in IE.

Edit: Now all the pages are working, but they weren't before this edit.

Also, most of the images appear to be fixed now. The lock and sticky icons still aren't working though.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

mostly.

Tony2212
Tony2212
6 posts
Shepherd

@Ferret Its working alright. Thanks. But DDoS has more than just attack these *cough* websites... I think It attacked many more. Its not the first time however. I fear we may be in battle against DDoS...*cough cough*

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Tony2212 They can be persistent, but we're putting protection in place to help prevent it from happening again.

The images do look like their coming back. I think there is some save game issues and premium content issues, they may take a bit longer.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

oh man, weird things happening with pictures. it may not be DDoS that attacked this website.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

A DDoS is a type of attack, or weapon, mean people use to shut down websites. It was in fact a DDoS attack that shut us down. We've put protection in place however, so hopefully we won't be seeing any further attacks of this nature. The images should start showing up again soon, everything else seems to be cooling down.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

like an server crash or something.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Wow. The first thread I have ever made that has gotten this popular.

Karasaar
Karasaar
163 posts
Constable

"A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack occurs when multiple systems flood the bandwidth or resources of a targeted system, usually one or more web servers.This is the result of multiple compromised systems (for example a botnet) flooding the targeted system with traffic. When a server is overloaded with connections, new connections can no longer be accepted."
~Wikipedia

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

see? knew that it was not an attack.

FloodSC
FloodSC
2 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys, I'm glad you were able to overcome the attack. It's ****ty when good places like Armor Games are threatened by such a terrible pandemic. This kind of thing is destroying League of Legends and is even finding its way into every Blizzard game amongst many others at the moment.

I definitely think it is worth putting up those defenses and fortifying however you can for future attacks. These guys do not stop once they find a weakness.

Good luck to us all.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

http://armorgames.com/images/btn-submit.png
oh no please not again

Showing 16-30 of 84