ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 665985
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, it doesn't seem to have been strong enough to do any actual damage, though I do see a small dent under its eye *points*. Like I mentioned before, the presence of void creatures also nullifies portals, they can only remain open for a few seconds. Unless the minerals you used were of a special kind, the normal minerals were not enough to destroy any of those things, because the portal didn't remain open long enough for you to collect enough minerals to power up the beam to the maximum.

Additionally, if you really want to do damage with this thing, the rifle will have to work at far greater frequencies. I am sure you are aware of the technology behind laser beams, the wave nature of the light basically means that the molecules oscillate. My experimental theory which of course has not been tested is that the faster you can make them oscillate, the more damage you will deal, so you will have to increase the frequency of the beam exponentially. However, that would make the beam invisible, as it would be well outside the visible light spectrum.

Now the problem is figuring out a way to overclock the rifle enough to produce such a beam. I don't think you can do it with these parts and settings. You would need something newer, stronger. Anything from the black market possibly. Though we need tried and tested technology this time, parts that you've bought but haven't tested yet are known to break down I don't think that would work xD

*Templar jumps onto waS' face avoiding its left hand as the latter moved to expel him from waS' shoulder*
*Templar jumps from the face of waS, as the thing is slapping its face to swat him, onto the left shoulder and delivers powerful punches on the head*

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Ah to hell with it. This rifle is hardly doing any damage. I'll just combine it with the turret.

*turret consumes rifle before firing a bigger beam at waS*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

wait what??? consuming the...how? and how did the beam become greater? -_-

Anyway, that seems to be doing the trick

*waS distracted from the beam, uses one hand to block the beam and the other to fire void blasts towards you and the turret*
Chryos, move the beam around to stop its hand from being of any use. I trust the void blasts won't be too much trouble for your indestructible turret if you can aim it remotely.

*Templar exploits the distraction to fully power up its arm muscles. The blue flare-like effect apepars around its hands again*

It is preparing to deal some damage! My god, the hype xD!

*Templar fires an extremely powerful attack on waS' head, shattering part of its face to the left*

YESS! Chryos, if you can, aim at that weakspot. It may attempt to protect its face with its hand but I can distract him.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I did mention that my turret was ever evolving. Feeding it objects not only strengthens the attack but also makes it takes properties from the materials.

*tosses a few barrels of gunpowder into the turret before moving it towards waS face*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nice. Time to finish this thing!

*Templar jumps and grabs on the hand waS uses to protect its face, distracting it and allowing the full destructive potential of Chryos' turret to be brought to bear onto waS*

Chryos, do you have the void blasts covered? That thing is still firing towards you. And while the turret cannot be destroyed (at least that way), it may be jammed or moved from the force and as such, be rendered useless until someone moves it back to its original position again. Not to mention the void beasts that start swarming it, pushing and pounding it, now that the Templar is not around to give them a beating...

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

*waS summons another star, a White Sol this time*
*White Sol uses healing skills to heal waS' life again*

NOOOOOOOOOOO! the White Sol can heal and use Holy attacks!

alright, we have to do something, forget waS for now, kill White Sol first, then Black Sol before it casts the black hole, if we kill both Sols, waS will be weak enough to be banned back to the void for maybe thousands of years... *tries to attack White Sol*

the good thing is that the Sols have an extremely low evade...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(Jesus, ap, you suck at game modding xD)
This thing makes no sense. How would we kill both Sols if the waS is what summons them? That is, of course, aside from making everything OP...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What next? Will waS summon a Rainbow Sol that uses friendship attacks to make everyone stop fighting and love each other?

Don't forget that despite the decimating tentacle attacks, there are still hundreds of freed prisoners continuously attacking waS. So we're not doing that bad on waS' front actually.

Oh, and it appears that I just found the Staff of Magnus. Kind of found it lying around in the tavern... I know, an anticlimactic event for a potential game changer. But all that concentrated magical energy (an evil primordial being and two mythical living suns) must be disturbing the mystical balance to a high degree, balance which the staff is sworn to protect. Soooo, how do I use this...

*points the Staff of Magnus at the White Sol; a greenish beam of arcane energy shoots forth and connects with the Sol; immediately, the staff's orb begins absorbing the White Sol's energy, which it then uses to create a reflective shield around its bearer. The shield grows larger in the same amount as the White Sol glows dimmer, enveloping more and more of the tavern*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Buut, HahiHa... we've been through this. The presence of creatures of the void negates the effects of magic of any kind *Shield dissolves*. Why else would I be fighting with templars and not my Avatar of the Dark God, which is my most powerful creation? As for how they can maintain it, well, they are from another dimension. You think they would have abilities we would even be able to comprehend?

As for that Staff, you might as well keep it for some other use, at another time. Or better yet, give it to me to *ehnm* dispose of it. it's pretty useless anyway. Yeah.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

alright! waS used all his summoning energy! he can no longer summon more creatures! the Black Sol will create the black hole in 7 turns... I think he's still slowed down...

*White Sol casts Holy Spear attack at me*
*Black Sol drains power from the Void*
*waS spreads toxic gas*

*hits White Sol several times with Icy-Shadow blade*

wow... I wonder what would happen if White Sol touched Black Sol...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

OK, sorry, scratch that about the shield. I forgot about the void thing, and the shield isn't even an effect seen in TES canon.

Yet the energy absorbing power of the staff is obviously working, as exemplified by the already weaker radiation of the White Sol. You forget two things: one, those suns may be void beings in spirit, but they're suns in physical form, suns from our universe. Two, the Staff of Magnus contains the powers of Magnus himself, who created a whole plane of existence in an alternate universe. The presence of void beings is not enough to block the staff's pure arcane energies.

Oh, and three: I am never giving it to you, ever. So, shoo!

*hits White Sol several times with Icy-Shadow blade*

You hit a sun... with a blade? What exactly are those sols? So far, everything is pointing to them not being suns.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

a floating, black, sphere-shaped, faceless, creature that resembles the Sun itself, except it's black

Here is what a Sol is. So no, not really a sun. And the physical form doesn't mean anything if it's just our perception of them. That's not how they really look. That's only how we see them when they are in our dimension. Because of our inability to comprehend their otherwise impossible dimension, the Void. I say dimension, though it is more of a counter dimension, like a black mirror of our universe, a darker side. Instead of life, which drives our world, Death drives the void world. Magic would work here, but it would never work there for example.

Oh, and three: I am never giving it to you, ever. So, shoo!

Oh crap, why do I never find things like that just lying around on the floor, no explanation whatsoever? That would be nice for a change

Ok. My magical power is at a reasonable level again to allow me to open and sustain a warp portal for a second or two. Hopefully, it will be enough to summon some more of the Templars. But if the portal collapses as they pass through, they are going to be sliced. I can't risk it. One Templar comes here. HahiHa, you use your tech to open a portal from your lab and summon the rist of the Templars. My templars will also arrive through here.

*opens portal, summoning a second templar*

You know what you have to do, now go!

*Templar nods and runs toward the White Sol*
*Templar and Chryos' turret have been attacking waS the whole time and keeping it distracted. It may have been healed, but the weakspot (that is, the shattered part of its face) is not gone.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Psh, fine. *lets go of the staff which disappears immediately, off to find an actual champion on Nirn for his/her next adventures*

Oh crap, why do I never find things like that just lying around on the floor, no explanation whatsoever? That would be nice for a change

I gave an (lore-consistent!) explanation for it being here. Though I guess it's all invalid now anyway.

*opens space-time gap to lab and whistles, instructing my Templars to set away their ominous duties and come over*

*six Templars step out of the lab and join the fight*
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

*attacks White Sol again*
hey, if the Black Sol drops something when we kill him, may I get it?

*White Sol casts holy laser on everyone*
*Black Sol skips this turn. 6 turns until Black Hole*
*waS casts Fire Storm against us*

we have to find a way to slow down Black Sol's charged attack countdown, any ideas?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh was it that thing about balance? o_o I thought that was a reason why it had a chance ot be effective, not why it appeared in the first place. My bad (though, seeing how it all turned out, it may have been a fake. My guess is that it was another one of Chryos' black market possessions. They have the same ratio of success more or less xD)

*4 more templars come from HahiHa's portal*

Luckily, your portals are opened and maintained with technology, so they are unaffected by the void beasts. I was able to summon my templars from your side.

Right. Time to kick these pathetic creatures into oblivion.

You two! Protect Chryos' turret. It is crucial to prevent it from being moved or overturned. It has to keep firing. If it falls down anyway, pick it up and set it up again.
*Templars nod and move to protect the turret. One Templar protects it from the void blasts by setting itself in front of them while the other viciously brawls any void beast assaulting the turret*

You! Move to protect the escaped prisoners who are getting torn apart by the void beasts.
*Templar nods and charges towards waS and the assembled mass of prisoners to kick some Void beasts...violently*

And finally, you! Assist the other one in attacking the White Sol.
*Templar nods and charges the white Sol*

*Turret and Templar keep damaging waS*

Showing 2506-2520 of 3488