ForumsForum GamesAG High Court

180 41138
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

There seems to have been an issue going on between @MattEmAngel and @StormWalker that needs to be settled in court. The dispute has been going on in the 'AG Love Circle 2015' thread, so much that mods had to have shut it down. Now, here's how this is gonna work:

We're gonna settle this in an orderly fashion, court case style.
Roles:
@JACKinbigletters -Judge
@Doombreed - Bailiff
@Pieguyme - Jury member
@TheMostManlyMan - Jury member
@FishPreferred - Jury member
@nivlac724 - Jury member
@evilsweetblock - Jury member
@MattEmAngel - Matt's lawyer
@Riptizoid101 - Storm's lawyer
@MattEmAngel - Defendant
@StormWalker - Plaintiff
@apldeap123 - Court recorder

Now, if anyone would like to apply to be part of the jury (1 spot left), Matt's lawyer or Storm's lawyer, please say it here. The hearing begins in two days!

Edit: pick wasn't really involved in this from the start. Pie was, though.
Edit: Yes, Matt is going to defend himself.
Edit: Hopefully Jack can show up in time for the trial, if not, the trial is rescheduled for Thursday, March 5, at 3:30 EST. Everyone needs to be online for this to work.
Edit: Trial has been moved to Thursday, March 5, at 3:30 pm EST. All must show up at that designated time or will face charges of failure to appear before court when summoned.
Edit: Jury size has been downsized from 9 to 5. Positions still open!

• 180 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

And rip, I might need a restraining order against you. OH!

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

One question: will we be able to manage with a three-man jury?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I love this discussion. If you need more people let me know, i can be a juror or anything else here free of charge*

*almost

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Doombreed

Can you be a juror for us? Thanks.
Edit: Make that a bailiff? Thanks.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@apldeap123 ok I have no problem with that. So I am the bailif. When will the trial start (I thought it was scheduled for today)?

Let me remind everyone of the legal procedure as well as my duties and my abilities as the bailiff:

Ιf the defendant is not present here at the specified time and date, he will be sent the first extrajudicial document, summoning him to court. The trial will then be postponed. If the defendant is not present here again to attend his trial, he will be sent the second extrajudicial document. From that point on, I have the right to verify the data of his personal id card, ask for assistance from the local authorities and remove from the case any person who I deem obstructs my work. Should the person who is removed continue to obstruct me, he/she is sentenced to up to six months in prison.

Obviously, I am not all powerful all-of-a-sudden, but I have some authority as the bailiff. Also, bear in mind that I am neutral in regards to this case. So know that I will try to complete my duties as unaffected by any side as possible.*

*Drop a comment in my profile if you'd like to discuss about possible gifts you may be willing to offer in exchange for a more forgiving behavior towards you (if you are the defender) or a more ruthless attitude (if representing the state). This can also be a joint decision by you and your attorney.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

*Drop a comment in my profile if you'd like to discuss about possible gifts you may be willing to offer in exchange for a more forgiving behavior towards you (if you are the defender) or a more ruthless attitude (if representing the state). This can also be a joint decision by you and your attorney.

I would like to make the correction that neither party is representing the state, as this is a matter of civil law only.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@FishPreferred thanks. But i hope that everybody gets the point.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

It's time.

@JACKinbigletters -Judge
@Pieguyme - Jury member
@TheMostManlyMan - Jury member
@FishPreferred - Jury member
@MattEmAngel - Matt's lawyer
@Riptizoid101 - Storm's lawyer
@MattEmAngel - Defendant
@StormWalker - Plaintiff

I summon thee to the court of law!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I am ever present and ready to carry out my duties. JACK, you may begin the trial according to the legal specifications. Should the defendant not appear until 4:42 PM EST the next day (March 4th), he will be sent the first extrajudicial document

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I assume the judge shall appear shortly...

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

No, if the judge doesn't show up, the trial is moved to Thursday.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Who is the judge, anyway?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

If nobody shows up, can we lynch Matt anyway?

EDIT: LOOK I CAN DO SMALL WORDS

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

1. JACKinbiglettere is the judge.
2. No. NO.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Hmm, not quite. But maybe someone can fill in for the judge. I have someone in mind. I think he will do just fine radiating utmost cruelty and eventually collecting the soul of the defendant *ahem *cough...If the judge doesn't show up...

Also remember, that, as the bailiff, I can send extrajudicial documents not just to the defendant, but to others involved in the trial as well. The Jury can follow up on the transcript so their constant presence here is not absolutely necessary. But I will exercise my abilities for everyone who has not arrived here until March 4, '15 at 4:42 pm EST.

Showing 31-45 of 180