ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226359
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hair Empowerment

I get power from hair. Hopefully I don't go bald.

Electricity Infusion

Infusing weapons with electricity. Oooh, that sounds interesting. I'd love to shoot lightning from a simple gun.

Pressure Resistance

Not bad... This will allow me to go deeper into the earth than mankind has ever gone before... although I'd still need a way to get down there.

So I'm someone who can infuse objects with electricity, is resistant to pressure, and I get all this power through my hair. Not a bad combo.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Aw. Dragon physiology sounds cool

Anyway, I got:

Plasma Vision
The ability to fire plasma beams and blasts from the eyes

Gravity Aura
The ability to surround myself in an aura of gravity (duh). The user can surround themselves in gravity repelling or attracting anything they touch. By repelling attacks and objects the user could be a walking tank. Some users can create a moderate orbit around them.

and Tattoo Constructs
This one is weird. Users can change tattoos into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need. So mind you if you have any tattoos, I can turn them against you

Not a bad setup I am satisfied by these options xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@KatPryde If fusion empowerment includes nuclear fusion, you'd be so OP.

Absolute Hearing
The ability to hear everything. Everywhere. Anytime. Possibly even hearing the dead, or listening into the past and future.
... man, I hope this can be controlled. But hey, I'd be the absolute spy ^^

Bubble Generation
Sounds familiar... I'm sure I already had that. Hang on... on page 4! Well, almost.
Anyway, lamest super power ever.

Enchantment
I am a powerful mage capable of enchanting people and objects. Cool.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

My order of three random powers have arrived:

Event Randomization
I can cause events to occur at random which may or may not be beneficial to me. This is pretty much a wildcard.

Frigokinetic Combat
I combine snow with my physical attacks. Decent so long as I'm not against someone with fire based powers.

Skin Hardening
Combined with my previous power, this is actually quite a good set. I can hurt my opponents as hard as possible without any risk of hurting myself. I can also defend against any attacks the enemy might throw at me.

I'm basically a snow-wielding fighter who can randomize any future events to be within my favour or not.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Hive Genetic
This will be very useful, considering I have an ̶a̶w̶k̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ unusual way of thinking.

Speed Combat
So if I pretend to fight with the red button I wired to my armatar, will I blow it up more times per second?

Scent Shifting
"The user can manipulate their own bodily scent, allowing them to evade and trick users of Enhanced Smell." Uh, okay...

Apparently I just became a descendant of Flash who can communicate via telepathy and confuse dogs.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sports Equipment Physiology

I can transform into sports equipment... wow...

Rapid Fabrication

I can build things almost instantly. Alright, I guess that's pretty cool.

Omni-Communication

I can communicate with literally everything.

So I'm a talking basketball, with the ability to build quickly and communicate with everything. Definitely a step down from the last set of powers.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Cervid Physiology
I am sure this will be, um, useful...somehow.

Molecular Deceleration
This one is pretty cool. I can slow down other organisms' molecules, so I am putting them in slow motion

Elemental Flight
The ability to fly by manipulating the elements Like firebending to float in the air xD

Hmm...the first is pretty useless. The other 2 are pretty cool

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Data Blast
I, uh... what. How... why?

Strength Augmentation
Straightforward, and pretty neat.

Illusory Omnipotence
"The user has the ability to have a false omnipotence. " "The user is less than logical. "
......... hooray?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Your setup is ok HahiHa. Though that data blast doesn't really make much sense but whatevah, it's pretty useful

I got Pincer Claw (have a pincer that doubles as a claw, duh) Acid Mimicry (can turn my body into acid and I also have the properties of acid) and most importantly Absolute Defense, the ability to possess a defense that cannot be breached by any kind of attack!

...So yeah...just try to stop me! xD

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Infinite Resurrection

Omnilock

Electrical Resurrection

So basically I'm an over-overpowered medic.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Empathic Weaponry
I have a symbiotic relationship with a specific weapon that only I can use, and both may gain power from each other. I can become a master in the use of that weapon, and it cannot be used against me. I like that!

Storm Embodiment
I can become the embodiment of one of nature's most destructive, unstoppable force.

Function Impairment
I can cause nearly any function of any object or even person stop working. Pointing a gun at me? Too bad it's jammed. Want to enjoy that soup? Sorry, your spoon doesn't hold liquid anymore. And just wait until I put some nasty glitches into your game... MUAHAHAHAHA!

@Doombreed It appears that I found a counter to your most recent superpowers I just cause your absolute defense to fail. Then I flush off your acid with a torrential rain and cut your pincers off with my empathic sword.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Usually don't do this twice but dang it my powers sucked.

Gamma Vision

This is already starting off kinda meh. Since gamma radiation is in everything I can apparently see the world in a different way because of it.

Guardian Inheritance

I can inherit the skills and knowledge of my ancestors. Eh. I mean considering my ancestors don't have powers...

[url=http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Orbital_Debris_Manipulation]Orbital Debris Manipulation/url]

The ability to manipulate space junk... that's not too bad, actually. I mean, considering how much space junk there is, I could potentially kill lots of people.

So I can inherit the knowledge of my ancestors, while being able to see gamma radiation, and control space trash, while also being able to pass my knowledge and skills to my children and so on. Still meh, but better than the last one.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Enhanced Mauling

Raaaargh, rip you to shreds, just like the Templar xD

Cold Physiology

Feel the chill in air?

Transcended Demonic Undead Physiology

A divine undead demon and I have its powers...Just like Nurgle! The god of decay and pestilence in Warhammer 40k I am your newest god of cold dark death xD

All in all great setup, but I was hoping to match @HahiHa . Too bad that function impairment seems OP...well, until I get Omni-combustion or Ultimate Burning (or any of the ultimates really) through random pages that is (sorry...being able to burn anything with just a thought, even conceptual entities, like time, seems, well, better than function impairment, which, you assume, you possess at the ultimate level Though it comes down to who can use his ability first... if its me, I can burn your ability, you, time around you, even the oxygen you breathe completely. If it's you, you may make my power malfunction I suppose. )

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Indeed, if you can combust me with just a thought, I probably won't have time to react; unless I make your mind malfunction before

Transcended Demonic Undead Physiology

Woah, that sounds quite aweso... hang on. Nurgle?! Not the kind of name I'd expect from such a being

Anyway, here's my next results (they match so well I feel the need to explicitly mention that they came up purely randomly):

Earth Sealing
I can seal earth into objects or even beings, and release it at will. I think the main purpose of this power is to seal earth into an enemy and releasing it in a way to cause damage. Although given the next power (see below), it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume I could seal Earth, the planet, into something, causing the target to be ripped apart when released. Not that it would be necessary at that point, but just for the fun of it.

Protogenoi Physiology
That's even better than being an Olympian deity or a titan; I am a primordial being, everything came from me, I am immortal as I form existence itself. I guess that does leave me vulnerable to existence manipulation (or to conceptual manipulations/attacks *throws a suspicious glance at Doombreed*).

Environment Creation
Self-explanatory.

All in all, I am pretty much just like Gaia.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Hahahah They do seem to match quite well. Though it seems to be overly...earthly. Your over-dependence on one element will be your downfall

Let's see if I am to be that downfall, or someone else now:

Beast Transformation

At first I thought that was about me. But then I find out that it means transforming other people into monsters! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH! I rellish in the madness of my powers!

Primordial Entity Physiology

Hey, I got you beaten on this one. Now, you have the powers of primordial Greek Gods, like Chronos (Primordial God of Time - not to be confused with the Titan Kronos). However, I have powers of primordial beings well before that. Before time, before the universe even started. Beings that god himself was afraid of (like the Darkness from Supernatural, a being even before death). Applications of that include: Apocalypse Force Manipulation (I can generate the force that will bring about the end of the universe), chaos Manipulation (including the most chaotic forces of the universe), Immortality (of course), Primordial Force manipulation (so I can basically manipulate the strength of your powers too aside from that, it is stated that users of that power can achieve omnipotence...boy, just look at the applications of that thing!) and most importantly, Omnilock, the ability to exist outside of everything. This means that nothing can affect me, not even temporal paradox or irreversible events. And get this...I also cannot be erased from existence by any means Yeah, I'd say this is my new favorite power xD

Do I really need to click for a third power? I think we have enough of it as it is. What do you think?

*EDIT* Gaia was a Titan like any other (see: Oranos, Kronos, Prometheus, Oceanus, etc.) The Primordials existed well before the Titans. The best known Primordial God is Chronos, the god of time (not to be confused with the Titan Kronos).

Showing 166-180 of 685