ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226163
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't know why but my my last two times doing this, the third link always failed. Hopefully it'll work this time.

Magic Generation

So I generate magic? I'm a magic generator? I don't know if that's good or not... especially since there's only one user with this power.

Ushi-Oni Physiology

I am an Ushi-Oni, a creature of Japanese mythology. I guess that's cool, though I've never heard of an Ushi-Oni until now.

Ground Pound

You read that right, I can pound the ground. How lovely.

So I'm an Ushi-Oni, able to generate magic and pound the ground.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Figure this: I sneakily appear behind you out of a water pool, turn invisible and hit you with an invisible energy blast. The magic immunity is just a bonus, I don't even really need it. Ninja!

Assuming you've tested the water thing and it works out just as you need that is Well, this seems like a very good middle tier set...peasant!

I can plan and create dungeons. I prefer crawling through those created by others myself.

I could use someone with that power in my forum game, the Random Number Generator! xD Heheh

Just one power today (I got it randomly yesterday, but I didn't have time to post it), but it is an uber again

Unimind

The ability to be connected with all things and their essences. This is a bit like the ultimate psychic ability. Applications involve All mental, mind based and psychic powers, absolute illusion, absolute intelligence and will, absolute psionic power, Superpower (because they are controlled by the mind) and soul manipulation (for sentient beings) as wel las omni-perception among other things. A notable example is the god Brahman from the Hindu Mythology (just so you get what you are dealing with!).

I really have no idea why I am so lucky these days xD I seem to be always getting uber tier powers

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Molecular Teleportation
I can teleport by disassembling and reassembling somewhere else. A power I would never use, considering the limitations (like being too weak to reassemble). Or does the application "Self-Disintegration" sound any better? -.-

Slime Shield Generation
I can generate a shield out of slime. I guess that only leaves me vulnerable to a garden hose! Or any water-related power. Or any ballistic object with sufficient kinetic energy to pass through the amorphous slime. Or any slime-dissolving chemical. Or perhaps even fire.
Gosh this is awful.

Caprine Physiology
I'm a ... satyr? Oh, I can transform into a musk ox! That's the only cool thing. Not powerful, but cool. The power also includes various enhanced physical properties like agility, endurance, dexterity etc. (all you need to run/climb like goats), adaptations to various extreme habitats (that's neat), horn protrusion of course, and.. prey instinct? Hurrah -.-

I'm a teleporting goat man that can make slime shields. I think I ran out of luck this time.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Magic Burst

I can create a magical explosion. Pretty cool so far.

Temperance Empowerment

I gain power... by restricting myself... I... well ok.

Emere Physiology

I can transform myself into an Emere. I'm a seductive ghost from what I understand.

So I'm a good-looking ghost able to gain power through restricting myself and causing magical explosions.

Eldunari17
Eldunari17
1,229 posts
Scribe

Sword Arm

My arm can turn into a pointy, sharp blade... Shake my hand at your peril...

Chain Manipulation

I can manipulate chains.

Samsara Manipulation

I can manipulate the wheel of life... and stay young FOREVER. Or speed up your ageing, if I feel like it.

Favourite combination ever!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Organic Manipulation... already had that one recently, so let's roll again (pity, it's really strong).
Disease Mimicry
I can transform into diseases. But not just being microscopic bacteria or viruses, no; I can keep my macro shape and be made of a homogeneous mass of 'disease'. The applications sound quite neat, actually, but I just can't see how they went from 'big lump of disease' to things like 'Enhanced Strength'.

Zipper Generation
What sounds stupid is actually rather nice. Creating zippers on surfaces give me the ability to create escape routes which I can close behind me, or just create a space in which to hide; or I can separate objects or enemies by opening a zipper across them and then cancelling the zipper.
It's definitely weird and possibly impractical, but can be rather useful.

War Empowerment
I gain strength from war or conflicts in general, may they be physical, mental, spiritual, conceptual or otherwise. Just like Khorne So, like, I could go the parliament, any comic nerd convention or scientific meeting and could gain sustenance from those XD

I am a human-sized mass of disease capable of escaping through, or cutting enemies with, zippers, and gain even more strength when empowered by conflicts.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Bandage Generation

I can generate bandages. Yay...

Rougarou Physiology

Ohhh... this is interesting. Apparently I'm some sort of werewolf, but I guess only my head can change. It also comes with invulnerability as well as enhancing my strength and senses. This is a good one.

Head Physiology

No No NO NO NO! Dang it another physiology and it puts me in a bad position. I'm just a head! WHY?!

So I'm a werewolf head with the ability to generate bandages. This wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't just a head. Also apparently one of the Rougarou weaknesses is decapitation, so that's a plus with the head thing.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I gain strength from war or conflicts in general, may they be physical, mental, spiritual, conceptual or otherwise. Just like Khorne So, like, I could go the parliament, any comic nerd convention or scientific meeting and could gain sustenance from those XD

Parliament sounds nice ^_^ And no, I will not accept you as my new god and patron, no matter what...

I got:

Environmental Destabilization

Thi is pretty neat. Like the name says, I can corrupt and alter the environment. The alteration is permanent, because the previous weather effecs no longer exist, so there is nothing to change back to. I can even make the environment lethal. However, I cannot manipulate it, merely destabilize it. I'd say it's a decent mid-tier power.

Null Energy Manipulation

As usual, I just can't make a set without at least one upper or uber tier power xD. In this set, this is the one! I can shape and manipulate a type of energy that deletes anything it touches. This is not just death, this is total deletion into nothingness. The energy transcends space and time and renders nearly all powers that come into contact with it, useless. Applications include erasing an enemy's oxygen or healing abilities, negating enemy powers, null energy attacks and emission. I can also infuse nothingness to myself or my weapons to empower them and give them destructive properties, or even seal enemies into nothingness and trap them!

Nightmare Empowerment

I was hoping to get this one sometime ever since i first encountered it here (not sure if I got it again at some point though). This is one of the coolest powers in existence and a decent mid tier power in usage too. Like the name suggests, I gain power from nightmares. Some users are even able to slow or stop aging from the power they receive from other people's nightmares.

So yeah, I gain power from nightmares, can manipulate null energy to erase anything from existence and destabilize and corrupt the environment around me. This sounds like a certain type of dark god!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Empathic Creation

Ability to create things out of emotions. Every emotion has it's own weaknesses and strengths which I have to take into consideration when creating something. Very powerful.

Artistic Inducement

Um... What? I can give people artistic talents such as singing or dancing. This is so useless battle wise, it's not even funny. Business wise, it's actually pretty good since if I owned a talent agency, I could be forever be churning out stars.

Night Empowerment

I become stronger during the night. That's all.

Overall, I have the ability to create objects and creatures with emotions and create artistic talents in people. These powers are enhanced if done at night.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Thunderbird Physiology

I am a Thunderbird, a legendary creature that can create storms, cause thunder just by flapping its wings and lightning by blinking. It is described as "intelligent, powerful and wrathful". It comes with various neat applications like health and increased healing, enhanced physical properties, weather generation, electrical immunity...

Speed Calling

I can grant enhanced speed and agility to myself or others. This goes very nicely with my Thunderbird physiology; now I can also be as fast as lightning!

Stamina Mode

I can go into a mode for enhanced stamina and endurance, capable of lasting long without food, water, oxygen, sleep, all that bothersome 'normal people' stuff. Even killing me won't fully stop me (lifeless continuation application). This also goes well with my first superpower. Kind of a pity that two of three are merely kind of status upgrades, but it increases my already strong first power.

Synopsis:
I am a super-fast, super-resilient legendary bird that creates thunder storms with just a few flaps of his wings. When in combat I can make myself too fast to catch and almost unkillable. That's a very powerful combination and a solid mid-tier level, I'd say.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Metal Ball Projection

I can create and fire Metal spheres. Seems like a usable low tier power.

Esoteric Energy Manipulation

Well, I'll just say this. The most notable example are the Jedi xD

Self-Subatomic Manipulation

As usual, I'd say that's the upper tier power for this set xD I can control my body to a sub-atomic level. I can manipulate my molecules to fly, teleport, create a type of armor around me, evaporate so that I may flow around in gas form or self detonate, create organic constructs and expel my own mass, replicate myself and create and manipulate weapons out of my body. My supernatural condition includes advanced elemental mimicry, immortality invisibility and invulnerability at my own choice, complete pain immunity, supernatural regeneration and strength, as well as ultimate intangibility, meaning the ability to be tangible and intangible simultaneously. So I can hit you with attacks that make physical contact while at the same time remain invulnerable to physical attacks from you.

Do I need to go on? This is almost an uber tier power...again

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Willpower-Based Constructs

Wow an amazing start already. I can create things from my willpower. I am already extremely powerful.

Nuclear Manipulation

If creating things out of willpower wasn't enough, I now control and create nuclear energy. I'm becoming very overpowered.

Total Conversion

I can convert anything into a usable substance. For example if I was hungry, I could convert anything to appease my hunger. Or if my car needs gas, instead of paying for gas I can just convert something else into gas. This is nice.

I have the ability to create things using only my willpower, the control of all Nuclear energy, and able to convert anything into anything I want. Finally after all those lame power combinations, I get a mix that makes me extremely powerful.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Internal Energy Combustion

I can make any objects or person blow up using the energy inside them. The more energy there is, the bigger the explosion. I can also blow myself up, to repulse nearby enemies without harming myself in the process.

Dimension Creation

I can create dimensions along with whatever will populate it. I have total control of them and can bend them to my will.

Disease Immunity

I am completely immune to all types of disease. Enough said.

Basically, I'm a dimension creating person who is immune to diseases. I can also make the energy inside someone explode inside out.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I can make any objects or person blow up using the energy inside them.

Depending on what energy you can access this could be a devastating power. Considering mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2), you could make pretty much anything explode spectacularly.

Now for today's superpowers.

High Empowerment

I think @R2D21999 recently had Sobriety Empowerment? This is the opposite. My powers and condition are enhanced when I'm high on intoxicating substances.
Guess I'll be the eternal designated driver at parties from now on.

Supernatural Endurance

I can endure a supernatural amount of physical stress. At its highest level (Absolute Endurance) I might even resist anything. Though I might still be susceptible to burnouts (mental stress)

Empathic Power Absorption

I can absorb power from people based on the emotions I associate with them. Absolutely useless against strangers, at least at first.

Synopsis:
I have supernatural endurance, can increase my condition even more when I'm drunk/high, and the more I hate/love a person, the more power I can absorb from it.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Guess I'll be the eternal designated driver at parties from now on.

usually, people dislike being the driver due to being forced to remain sober So, you should have no problem!

Ultimate Acid

Hahahah. My first power for today is already an upper tier power xD This is the ability to generate and manipulate a type of acid that can melt absolutely any substance in existence. Not even users of acid immunity are protected from this power! O_O

Unhealing

This is an absolutely amazing power. I can undo healed wounds, injuries and diseases! Even mental wounds can be undone. With enough training, I can even slow down or stop the healing process of the renewed injuries. I think that means I can kill anyone, if I can renew all of their healed wounds and diseases in life. Imagine every single cut, sickness, everything a person has been through in life, all simultaneously reactivated ^_^

Aerial Communication

The ability to communicate with the winds... Meh. Compared to the other two, this is so underwhelming.

Anyway, that's a nice setup all in all. I love the first 2 powers

Showing 196-210 of 685