ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226358
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What do you think?

I think we're actually even. The protogenoi are primordial entities. They are even explicitly listed on the Primordial Entity Physiology page under Known Users. So what do I think? I think we've reached a cosmic impasse ^^
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh but I compared the two. All the protogenoi have abilities like Deity Creation, but nothing like the Primordial Entity. The Protogenoi are just a specific subset of primordial entities after all On the other hand, part of the primordials' applications is the "Primordial Entity physiology" so I don't know what to think anymore

Oh well...I'll just start an apocalypse for that universe and move on to the next one just to think about it *generates enough force to destroy the universe*

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

So, this is what I got, after getting 3 random ones:

Omnipotence Embodiment very good, I liked it. YAY!

Plane Physiology WOW! THIS ONE ALSO LOOKS AMAZING!

Material Swapping well, I don't think this one is as interesting as the other 2, but still, I guess it's very good

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

You guys must have luck on your side if you're getting those overpowered superpowers. Meanwhile the rest us shall weep at the terrible powers we receive.

Teleportation Diversion

This is only useful against teleporters. Against anyone else, it's pretty useless.

Snake Den

Summon snakes from my body. Nice scare tactic and I can use them to poison someone or use them as projectiles. A strange sounding power which is somewhat decent.

Order Magic

I can manipulate the very fabric of existence at my whim. However, it's mainly used to bring order to the world.

Basically, I'm a guy who can summon snakes from my body. I also have the ability to control the destination of a teleporter and bring order to the world.

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

Power Headbutt

Massive strength on my skull. I never really liked the name. Head can never associate with butt.

Healing Slash

The ability to heal people by cutting them. Im worried Ill heal my enemies more than hurt them.

Conquest Empowerment

This is just meh.

So basically I've a thick skull, a sword that can heal and conquer power. Not sure if its a good combination, but I consider myself special.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Poison kiss

I can poison people by kissing them... that would be awkward...

Fire rain generation

That's better

Shovel proficiency

Hopefully hitting people on the head with a shovel won't be necessary; I must use this power for good!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Fire rain generation is a very cool power. Aaand, it allows you to deliver punchlines with the word 'firestorm' in them Added bonus

Thoughtwave transformation
The user is able turn other beings or matter into thoughtwaves. While turned into thoughtwaves, the victims of the user's power either drift aimlessly through a form of mental space or are trapped within the mind of another. That's pretty cool and one of the best psychic powers really

Curency Generation
Ooh. The ability to generate money and other valuable metals or jewels I am basically the richest person in the world xD

Tin Mimicry
Oh great. Just like the Tinman from Wizard of Oz... ok that's less than desirable. But anyway, I am satisfied with the other two xD

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Planet creation

Anybody want to join me on my new paradise world?

Ferrokinetic regeneration

Healing with metal. Sounds useful, but uncomfortable.

Cutting field projection

Basically a force field which slices anything that hits it... nice

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

A new day for new super powers.

Orbital Debris Manipulation

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I LITERALLY JUST HAD THIS ONE IN THE LAST SET!

Draconic Breath/url]

I can release breathe dragon energy and effectively attack with it.

[url=http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sobriety_Empowerment]Sobriety Empowerment

I gain power from being sober. So just don't drink and I'll be good to go.

So I can control space junk, breathe dragon energy, and gain power the more sober I am.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Pyrokinetic surfing

Flying... BUT I AM ON FIRE!!!!

Anti-Gantic

POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universe-destruction

MOOOOOOOOOOORE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Lol, I loved the Anti-Gantic

Metal Shadow Breath

Like it says, the ability to exhale discharges of shadow and metal...with the traditional elements, it can be fairly useful, I suppose

Magnetokinetic Regeneration

I can use magnetism to regenerate! At first glance it seems too situational but magnetic forces are present almost everywhere. Amplifying and relying on them through various tips, tricks and gadgets gives me a considerable advantage (at least in mid-tier. Of course it still cannot compare with upper or uber tier powers like Apocalypse Manipulation)

Space Time Manipulation

Not sure if this is upper or uber tier power heheh xD. Anyway, like the name says, "The user is able to manipulate, distort or bend the space-time continuum, the fabrics of reality in which all exist in. Space-time serves as the boundary of existence, separating different realities and timelines and keeping them flowing properly; distorting this boundary can cause devastating effects, causing timelines to become fluid, even destroying all the world." Ok that last part makes this an uber tier power Just look at the applications. Black Hole Creation, Space Time distortion, omnipresence, Spacial-Temporal Lock, Dimensional Travel, Wormhole creation, Rifts, Event Negation (World War 2? Nah, never happened xD) and some useful techniques like banishing enemies into oblivion through rifts, or calling upon creatures by summoning them through dimensions.

So yeah, I got another uber tier power My luck is still present

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Remote Teleportation

I can teleport any object without the need to physically touch it. Pretty useful for irritating or knocking out the enemy with random objects.

Supernatural Agility
I'm really fast and have good reflexes and stuff. Yeah. Okay.

Enhanced Roar
I can shout at my enemies so loud I can burst their eardrums. I can even blow away objects.

I guess that makes me an unnaturally agile person with a really loud shout. I also can teleport objects without the need to touch it. Perfect for disabling my opponents.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Disease Immunity
Hell yeah. I mean it's not really strong, but if I was given a choice in real life, I would probably choose something like that, or including that.

Death Empowerment
I gain strength from the death of others. So the more I kill, the stronger I get. Like a vicious circle (of death).

Organic Manipulation
"The user can create, shape and manipulate everything and anything organic, both organisms and organic matter. They can create, manipulate, shape, transform, heal and/or destroy everything that lives, has lived or comes from either of the above. "
Definitely upper tier superpower, as I have full control over life and inanimate organic matter.

Together, it adds up nicely. Not only am I in perfect health and shape and potentially immortal, but I can control life while being empowered by death.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Lol, as if Organic manipulation was just that. You ever played prototype? Well you fight entire armies, Tanks and Helicopters included and nothing can stop you xD Your weapons include biomass fists, tendrils, claws, blades, biological armor and/or shield, while you have the strength to throw cars, jump onto Helicopters and hijack them, and consume anything organic around you to regain health. This is almost an uber tier power judging by the game (well, still an upper tier, but...almost in my humble opinion). At the peak of your biomass, you expel it violently to destroy everything around you - Tanks, cars, soldiers, buildings, everything included.

I got Psychic Shadow, the ability to mask the psychic presence and obscure the perception of psychic trackers. Great to throw them off and make their attacks ineffective, as it makes all the psychic abilities ineffective. A great middle-tier power

Fusion Empowerment
The ability to gain strength from fusion. Someone (Swarm I think?) got it too a while ago

And finally, my uber tier power for today:

Nigh-Complete Arsenal
Just like the name says, it's the ability to possess almost all powers in existence. It involves most Absolute powers (absolute attack, absolute defense), most ultimate powers (ultimate freeze, ultimate burning, ultimate acid), most Superpowers, most manipulations and mimicries, most mental powers...well, you get the picture.

I am the vanguard of your destruction again xD Just when I was thinking this was a tad bit disappointing compared to my previous sets

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Water Portal Creation
I can create portals in water. Sounds potentially useful as water is everywhere. But I have so many questions, like
Does it need a smooth water surface?
Does the water need to be clear, or can it be muddy?
Does it have to have a certain depth, or is a thin water film enough?
What about the water bound in any organism? Can I create a portal through a watermelon, or through a person?
Well, looks like a lot of testing is in order....

Invisible Energy Manipulation
I can manipulate invisible energy, meaning I can turn myself invisible, hit you with invisible energy attacks, make invisible energy shields, etc. You'll never know what hit you.

Magic Immunity
Being immune to all kinds of magic and magical attacks. Includes positive effects, which can be a drawback, but I guess the advantages can outweigh the disadvantages.

Figure this: I sneakily appear behind you out of a water pool, turn invisible and hit you with an invisible energy blast. The magic immunity is just a bonus, I don't even really need it. Ninja!

Showing 181-195 of 685