ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226316
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Jackhammer Arms

My arms can work like jackhammers or pistons, allowing me to repeatedly punch someone. That sounds like a fun power.

Organic Weapons

I can create organic weapons. Niiiice.

Time Manipulation

Aaaaaand here's the final trump card. I can manipulate time itself.

I can punch people multiple times in a second, create organic weapons, and can control time. Looks like I got a 'god-tier power' or however @Doombreed puts it.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Yes that's how I put it usually Though your level of control is directly linked to the power's tier in this and some other cases. If you are like Hiro from Heroes, I would say this is an upper tier power. However, if you could master all of the applications this power has (like temporal healing, time attacks and chronokinetic constructs for example), then this could be considered an uber tier xD

Also, Organic weapons is another upper tier anyway. Sounds like your luck's changing for real, not just for one set.

Let's see what I got:

Illogical World Creation

Like the name says, I can create a word that defies logic and all sense. This sounds cool but has no real applications apparently. Sure, if I could find a way to lure my enemies there, I could crush them with a paradox. But outside my impossible dimension, I have no power. So, this is a low tier power, the first I've gotten ever since I revived this thread. I hope luck didn't abandon me just yet! o.O

(the second power I got was cervid physiology again...I've gotten it before - skip)

Aerokinetic Flight

The power to fly by using air/wind. Decent middle tier power, but at least it helps with transportation

Pseudomathematics Manipulation

Whoah. A lot of illogical/impossible abilities today. So, I have complete control over the false aspects of mathematics. I can create mechanisms that allow impossible problems to be solved and easily understood by others. I can make them work within the laws of true mathematics and create mechanisms to prove them. The amazing thing is that this power is almost an upper tier by the sound of it. My abilities include manipulating the laws of physics and logic itself, as well as warping reality and manipulating quantities. Additionally, I have limited control over Biology and chemistry by manipulating the purely numerical aspects of them

So yeah, I am satisfied a lot by this set in the end. It is nowhere near as strong as other sets I've had, but the powers combine very well in the end to make me an impossible construct, whose illogical powers extend to this world as well

kadisamy
kadisamy
1 posts
Farmer

Hi i'am a new member in the forums i just wanna say that this is a good forum

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Hey there @kadisamy . If you like, you can introduce yourself in the Newcomers Section. Hope you have a good time here. In this thread specifically, we randomly click for Superpowers and then check our results, as per the Original Post's instructions. Feel free to do so if you get the urge Everything you need is in the post at the top of the page, just click 'Read Full Post' to see it whole.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Butterfly Physiology

Yeah, that sounds dumb. But wait! Applications include enhanced smell and vision, poison generation (why, I don't know, but OK), and flight! A technique I can learn is Butterfly Swarming, which is actually quite neat. And, apparently, butterflies have a lot to do with mystical stuff and folklore, so associated abilities potentially include spirit physiology, resurrection, luck, transformation and shape-shifting. Kind of a patchwork of different superpowers, really.

Hair Manipulation

OK. This one is too dumb to try to embellish it. Why..

Environmental Field Projection

I can make uninhabitable environments safe for life. For myself but also for others. I could just retreat to Mars and live there... or make a ton of money with a Mars Colony start-up! Not really great for combat though, except when I have to retreat.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Consumptive Replication

I can gain the power of others by eating them, or at least a piece of them. Kinda gross but very useful.

Layered Durability

I have multiple layers of durability, with each layer being stronger than the last. Also very useful, at least defensively.

Ice Spike Projection

I can create spikes made of ice. I'll take that.

So I can create deadly icicles, I have multiple layers of defense, and I gain more powers from the consumption of others.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

1 uber, 1 upper tier and 1 mid-to-upper tier power today:

Gas Manipulation
Can create poisonous gases, nerve toxins, induce explosions and negate fires by snuffing out the oxygen. My pretty cool mid-to-upper tier power xD

Dark Fire Manipulation
I can shape, generate and manipulate the element of Dark Fire, a black flame with all the destructive aspects of normal fire. This flame destroys and consumes anything it comes across and ignores most of the weaknesses of normal fire. Applications include the infamous godlike Ultimate Burning but I assume to a lesser degree, since the power itself is somewhat limited. It depends on my own training and knowledge and what I gain in strength, I lose in control an versatility. In a sense, those are the only things that make this an upper tier power instead of an uber.

(As an added bonus, I can probably manipulate Darkfire4--err, I mean, @Chryosten . Would love that )

Death Perception
I can see the lines and points of death in all things. And that knowledge gives me the power to end all existence prematurely. Application include Immortality negation, Unavertable Death and Irreversible destruction. A fine uber tier power xD

Say hello to my OP set for today! I can perceive death and as such, kill anything, manipulate Dark Fire, a very destructive type of flame that destroys everything it comes across and manipulate gasses to cause or negate explosions, among other things

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Heart Empowerment

Basically, I am much stronger thanks to my heart. I could even gain more powers from other people's hearts, though that could be somewhat gross. Pity I'm not a Time Lord...

Spatial Flight

I can fly/levitate by manipulating my location in space at my will. Neat!

Universal Force Manipulation

Yes, finally a uber tier power again!
I can manipulate all universal forces at will. Including all fundamental physical forces, space-time, dark matter and anti-matter, even nothingness, etc.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Yes, finally a uber tier power again!
I can manipulate all universal forces at will. Including all fundamental physical forces, space-time, dark matter and anti-matter, even nothingness, etc.

YAY! Look at you. I get these every day ^_^

To prove my point:

Destructive Dominion
The ability to destroy anything and recreate it under my command, including entire civilisations, realities and whole timelines

Tattoo Manipulation
The funny thing with this that makes it a mid-tier power is that one can get the powers depicted in body art. If the tattoo is a bird, I could fly or summon it, or even gain its form

Thw whole destructive dominion thing is neat enough, so I'll leave it here Who needs a third power when you an destroy anything and remake it in your image xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Death Empowerment

I gain power from the death of others. You better be hoping we're never on a team together.

Bio-Electricity Manipulation

Oh man, this is a really good power. Especially since one of the applications is Neural Impulse Manipulation, which allows me to control people like a puppet.

Satellite Generation

Definitely not a useless power, but it's certainly a bit out of left field. It could also be a useful laser canon if combined with bio-electricity.

So I can manipulate a person's bio-electricity, generate satellites, and gain power from the deaths of others. I'd say this is a pretty good combination.

iUltimateGandalf
iUltimateGandalf
5 posts
Jester

Death Field Projection

The user can emit a field around them that kills every living thing that is in it (Animals, humans, plants). User may be able to decide what dies and what lives, or at least train to do so.

Attack Mode

The ability to become offensive?

Crystal Magic

The Ability to do whatever the hell I want with crystals from creating my own magic using crystals to making contracts with other people using crystals to stealing all other powers. The applications are endless.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Data Dragon Physiology

Well...the closest example is a dragon from digimon. Most of my abilities are data-centered, though I can manifest wings and have the advantages of real dragons through Dragon physiology. All in all, seems useable

Planet Dissociation Travel
Super high speeds by dissociating myself from the planet's rotation. I'm too fast for you!

Omni-Communication

As usual, luck didn't fail me Here is my upper (almost uber) tier power for this set. I can communicate with anything and everything. This would not be that good if not for the absolutely amazing intuitive aptitude, the innate ability to understand how things work (I assume by communicating with the parts/brains/muscles anything really). That means I can probably replicate any ability anyone around me might have by communicating with his/her body and learning of the exact process, then passing that info to my own body in a subconscious level.

So yeah, just try and stop me...again xD I will use your own weapons against you!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Draining Field Projection

I generate a field around me that drains all the energy of everything that is inside it. It doesn't mention any limitations to what it can drain, so I assume the field also drains omni-power user's energy and the like. The only downside is that it only drains, not absorbs. But still, a very powerful power, upper tier at least.

Kinetic Energy Absorption

Aha, speaking of absorption Punching me or hitting me with any object will just power me up. I guess bullets would still hurt me, though they would also certainly give me a great lot of energy. I can live with that.

Weakness Detection

I can sense the weak point of people and/or objects.

Synopsis:
I drain the energy of anything around me, absorb kinetic energy of whatever hits me, and I can scan you for your weak points. You really don't want to fight me in a melee.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Aha, speaking of absorption Punching me or hitting me with any object will just power me up. I guess bullets would still hurt me, though they would also certainly give me a great lot of energy. I can live with that.

No they wouldn't. Have you seen X-Men: The First Class? That's just like Sebastian Shaw. He was absorbing the kinetic energy of all the bullets fired at him. And come to think of it, if a bullet comes close to you but you absorb its kinetic energy, even on impact, it probably won't even have time to puncture your body.

Now, let's see what OP set I get this time:

Gamma Radiation Manipulation
Off to a fine start According to the wiki, Gamma rays pack 10000 times more energy than a visible light ray. So with these, I can create Energy constructs, including weapons, armor and allies, I can create matter and have infinite energy, I can induce Nuclear Explosions, manipulate the radiation to fly or surf through mass and finally, generate, shape and manipulate Lasers Upper tier = favorite tier

Nature Transmutation
The ability to turn creatures and objects into anything related to nature. This includes altering the elements by changing the chemistry inside them. Additionally, I can transmute matter, including altering objects into other objects. How about I just turn this chair into a poison ivy ? xD

Electrical Life
Literally the 'ability' to die if Electricity is not flowing through my body. This is one heck of a weakness but luckily, my nature transmutation probably covers that. Anyway, it has some advantages, like electric resistance and some other electrical powers. The funny thing is that it says Electricity Generation in the applications but I assume it only means using the electricity that's already in your body, not generating it from scratch. If that was the case, I would never die by running out of electricity

Despite the last power, I am satisfied by the set. Not as powerful as the others but it has at least one upper tier power and that's great

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

No they wouldn't. Have you seen X-Men: The First Class? That's just like Sebastian Shaw. He was absorbing the kinetic energy of all the bullets fired at him. And come to think of it, if a bullet comes close to you but you absorb its kinetic energy, even on impact, it probably won't even have time to puncture your body.

Ideally, if I can absorb an unlimited amount of kinetic energy in a fraction of a second, then I am basically bullet-proof, yes. Also, I figured that the draining field from my first power would already drain the bullet of some energy, depending on how fast it can drain it. However, the limitations state that "While absorbing energy makes the user more powerful, they are not invulnerable to damage. " It depends how you interpret it; either 'damage' here means any other form of damage except from kinetic energy; or it can mean that my power is limited and cannot absorb all kinetic energy from a hit.
Showing 211-225 of 685