ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226528
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Poison Empowerment
To grow stronger from poison. I'd be a great emperor!

Energy Limb Generation
To grow limbs out of energy or matter, at any size or shape as long as I possess enough energy to sustain it. A great power for melee combat, to be sure.

Spring Inducement
The power to induce the season of Spring. Oh well.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fearful Scream

NAZGÛL!!!
... what did you say? They're not on the list of known users? Preposterous!
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Urban Physiology

I... I'm a city. Ummm, ok.

Premature Evolution

I can evolve before all my requirements are met for a more complete evolution. So I'm stronger than my past form but I'm weaker than what I would have been in a complete evolution. It's an ok power I guess.

Nightmare Imprisonment

I can trap people in their own nightmares. Sweet!

So I'm a premature city able to cause nightmares. Meh.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(Organic weapons - Got it before, skip)

Stellar Breath
I can fire stellar energy from my mouth. The depicted user has such a level of control that he can destroy an entire planet with this ^^ Anyway, I can attack with it in various shapes, giving me the ability to use a variety of stellar attacks (beams/blasts/waves etc)

Animated Shadow
I can bring shadows to life. Decent low tier power I suppose

Romance Embodiment
I am love....ok...At least it comes with a massive amount of applications, fully half of which are useless but the other half have some usage -_-

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Air manipulation
The ability to create, shape and manipulate air.

Ice Generation
The ability to create and project, but not manipulate ice.

Knife Manipulation
The ability to create, shape and manipulate knives.

With sufficient control over my powers, I could form a tornado of air, knives and ice shards. No regular person could survive this, so it's a great melee combination. Other advantages are possibly suffocating my enemies or, on the contrary, breathing air when none is around; invisible attacks (air being invisible in air); encasing stuff in ice, etc.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Divine Sense

I can sense divine forces, like gods. Kinda boring and mostly useless.

Absolute Attack

My attacks can't be blocked. They can also be a one-hit kill to anyone, including immortals apparently.

Good Immunity

I'm immune to anything good. This is practically useless. I've never heard of a "good" gun or a "good" knife, so I can still be harmed by neutral or even bad things.

I can sense gods, use unblockable attacks, and immune to all good things. The absolute attack is definitely a great power but the other two are practically useless.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Bandersnatch Physiology
I don't know exactly how I look like, but I have a long neck, strong bite and am very quick. Eh.

Lifespan Manipulation
Very strong upper tier power, if not uber. I can freely manipulate my or others lifespan, increasing or reducing it. I may make myself immortal, or kill someone by reducing their lifespan to zero - I can even kill immortal beings this way!

Mirror Image
The ability to perfectly mimic any movements or attacks of anyone. Does not replicate actual powers. May actually harm me if I lack the necessary agility/dexterity to perform the movements. Only useful if I am actually stronger than my opponent to begin with. What a useless power.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Cross Combat

The ability to use crosses as weapons. I can use physical crosses or make one out of energy. Either way, I'm very proficient in crosses.

Life Inducement

I can give life to anything in particular. In other words, I can revive the dead back to life. I can also bring life to nature itself.

Transmutation

The power to alter or transform an object into something else. So I can turn any weapon used against me into something else entirely.

So I'm a priest who fights with a cross and can bring life to anything. I can also turn any object, both non-physical and physical into something else entirely. It also means that I am never short of crosses to beat down my enemies. Pretty cool how this set complements each other thematically.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Iron Sand Manipulation

Ohh, this is a A Certain Scientific Railgun power! I already love this. It's also a very good power working like sand manipulation but with iron dust instead.

Life-Force Aura

I can surround myself in an aura of my own life-force. This can make me fly, reflect attacks, or even make me hot to the touch. However, those seem to be the only useful things. So it's not too impressive.

Fire Empowerment

I gain strength through fire. Eh, alright. I'll take it. I just need to bring a lighter around with me.

I control iron sand, surround myself with an aura of my life-force, and get stronger from fire. I'm oddly satisfied with this set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Enslavement Branding
I can enslave and control someone's mind by branding them with a symbol. Never wanted to become a slavedriver '-.- This is for more sneaky characters anyway, since you need to get up close to the person to apply the brand.

Plant Growth
I can accelerate the growth of plants. Also known as having a green thumb. Not particularly useful, except for gardening I guess.

Air Generation
Two days ago I had Air Manipulation, now it's only Generation. Look at me, I can spray air from my hands! weeeee *spins around*

Today I am the perfect gardener, an air fountain and an enslaver.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Absolute Slicing

I can slice through literally anything. Even reality. Awesome!

Projectile Enhancement

I can enhance the speed and strength of projectiles. I can use simple playing cards as deadly weapons when I throw them. I can also use regular bullets like armor piercing bullets. Another awesome power.

Wire Proficiency

I'm proficient with wires. I can set traps to entangle my enemies and strangle them. Awesome!

I can slice through anything, enhance projectiles, and I'm a pro with wires. If you think about it, these powers together could work pretty well.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Contortive Ingestion

Very similar to wolf from Little Red Hood, I can eat anything in one bite. On the other hand, I may eat something that is life threatening and some objects may cause psychological unstability.

Transcendent Demonic-Undead Physiology

I can transform into any demonic or part-divine being. Or control whole armies of same creatures. Although I can be destroyed by my own realm, I am virtually indestructable being with almost god like powers.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Empathic Water Manipulation

The ability to control water using my emotions. Pretty nice so long as I can control my emotions.

Sponge Physiology

I have the appearance and physiology of a sponge. Yeah...

Athletic Empowerment

I am more faster, more durable, etc from various forms of athletic exercises. Not only am I better physically, it can also enhance my powers.

Very terrible set overall. Despite the fact that I can control water via emotions and am physically better than normal, it fails due to the fact that I'm a sponge.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Equilibrium Manipulation
Manipulating the balance of things or people. Hey, I can do the Michael Jackson moves from the Smooth Criminal music video without any nails and special shoes!

Air Vortex Creation
I seem to have a thing for air powers these days 0.0 This is mildly better than Air Generation, as at least I can manipulate it to some degree.

Discord Inducement
I'm that weird guy who makes people hate each others guts just by being around. I may have no control over this ability, nor the power to revert it; but with enough training I could induce global strife. Hmm, when's the next G20 meeting?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Meta Fate Manipulation
What a better start in the day than the power to "perceive, shape and manipulate the destiny and fate of anything/anyone, including gods, demons, eldritch abominations, transcendent beings, entire worlds, universes and even realities. " Basically the personification of the three Fates.

Mediumship
I can communicate with ghosts and spirits. I am not sure if this is a good thing in combination with being Fate. I can see the complaints from here -.-
*reads list of known users* wait what, Deadpool is a Medium?!

Vampire Morphing
Unlike Vampire Physiology, I am not a vampire, but can morph into different vampire types at will. Sounds rather useful to have the vampire powers at disposal, but only when I need them.

Today I am a vampire morphing, spirit perceiving fate master. Not that bad altogether, though it's really the first power that's great.

Showing 361-375 of 685